Poll: Best WoW Expansion of THIS decade?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would say Mop & Legion.

voted legion. Mop is a close second but legion is better as it had more better content. Imo ToT was the only good raid in that expansion, my fave overall actually, but AtBT, EN, and NH are also like within my top 5 raids. There was a lot more other content in legion like mythic+(when it was good, not a fan of the new dungeons in bfa at all). Legion also added return to kara which is like the best dungeon to come into wow this decade hands down. Mop did have some fun stuff like greenfire and challenge mode gear but that was one time only stuff.

MoP was great but Legion is better.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion > Panda > Cata > BFA

Like, The Burning Legion+class campaigns+artifacts+good class gameplay+amount of content to do in Legion easily >>> Weeabo Shit+some good class gameplay.

I would gladly accept Artifacs+NonRNGLegendaries+TierSets system from 7.3 in every new expansion. The amount of flexible spec customization they allowed was amazing. It felt great.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Taste is one thing but saying there was "much to do" in MoP is bending reality. And saying there was more to do in MoP than BfA is straight up lie.
    I'm sorry you feel that way about opinions but I'm not gonna argue on that. We'll be going around and around. Can't you simply agree to disagree?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I guess we live in different reality, or maybe its not even the same dimension cause its like exactly the opposite.
    No it's not. Also MoP= quality+quantity, well thought through systems, balanced and varied content and progression paths
    BFA= quantity, quantity, quantity. Mindnumbing grind doesn't equal content, broken systems from the get go, everything basically live Beta

When WoD Beta was released I had the premonition MoP would be the last properly crafted WoW xpac. I wished I was wrong. Unfortunately I wasnt....
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-12-14 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    What abilities did you lose?
    Diseases being the center of Unholy's playstyle. I never liked festering wounds. Gorefiend's Grasp for all speccs. Presences.
    Legion brought the entire "DKs are supposed to be slow but powerful when in range" bs that never worked because Blizzard forgot the second part.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a hard decision between MoP and Legion but I'd have to go with Legion. I love Legion demon stuff so fighting them again was really cool. It's also the only expansion that brought up some emotions for the characters. Varian and Vol'jin dying and just how strong and intimidating the Legion felt was just really well done. Felt like we were in a losing battle.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

MoP > Cata > BFA> WoD > Legion

500+ people and not even ten voted for BFA...
    Speaks volumes of what people want. I’m glad Blizzard reads these forums. This serves as excellent feedback.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I would probably say Legion based on the expansion as a whole.
    But due to my favorite spec being removed going into Legion(ranged Survival), I cannot give it the top spot.

MoP class design was fairly good, despite the blandness of talent design. And it being shared across all specs for the class(for the most part). But I was not a big fan of the content. Don't get me wrong, it was okay. Just not something I preferred.

Cataclysm was okay in terms of content in general. Class design as well. The general story arch was a bit meh though. The final raid of Dragon Soul made me take a break though.

As for what remains of the alternatives...

BfA is just...horrendous, if you ask me. World design and the environment is good as usual. Raids are good as well. But the systems-design and parts of class design is very close to an all-time low. There's more to it than that ofc but...I'll leave it at that for now.

And finally, WoD.

Same as with MoP, I did not enjoy the shared talents design. And the lack of content was a bit frustrating at times. Like with Cata, the final raid of WoD(HFC) made me quit for quite some time as I did not enjoy that one bit.
    As for the rest of WoD, what we actually got/had, I enjoyed.

---

So...

I would choose Legion as the top expansion over the other ones if not for the reason of them(devs) removing my favorite spec which I played for close to a decade.

Pandaria, closely followed by Legion
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

MOP was practically the pinnacle of class design, which is the #1 reason I play wow.

Best to worst:

MOP
    CATA
    WOD
    LEGION
    -
    -
    -
    BFA.

I honestly haven't "hated" any of these expansions. In terms of what I rank them I'd say MoP >>>> Cata=WoD=Legion=BfA. My basis for this judgment is that I don't believe I unsubbed during MoP and had various breaks during the others.

MoP had one of the better overarching plots of all the expansions, but more importantly I remember a lot of classes being fun to play at the time.

The rest are ranked equally because I think all of them disappointed me from a story perspective. I consider WoD just a continuation of the overused "Horde villain" trope that was again repeated in BfA. When you have an Old God as the final boss of an expansion, but everyone is focused on Sylvanas instead, you did something wrong imo. Legion kind of killed it for me with the whole space travel nonsense, and Cata was kind of just underwhelming since Deathwing was a one dimensional villain. All of these had various states of class/specs being fun or terrible.

Timeless Isle was really fun, but overall I think Legion was better.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Just to put it in a retrospect; we live in the 21st century. Why is it called the 21st century when we're in the 20XX years?
    That's because the 1st century was from year 0 (birth of Christ) to year 99. Year 100 is the 2nd century in our calendars.
    Lol, I thought education system in Norway is in better shape.

Overall: Legion > BFA > Cata >>> MoP > WoD

Classes: Cata = MoP >>>>>> Legion > BFA > WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Speaks volumes of what people want. I’m glad Blizzard reads these forums. This serves as excellent feedback.
    Anyone who would vote BFA as the second best probably already voted for Legion though. BFA is a watered-down version of Legion.

MoP and Legion are close for me but I'll give it to MoP. I think I would have said Legion if I had been more active - WoD vaulted me into ultra-casual status.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Classic >>>>> Cata >>> WoD > Legion >> BFA

I never played MoP so I really can't place it anywhere. I have a feeling it will fall before or after Cataclysm since it seems to be the last expansion Blizzard actually put any effort into.

Cata by far. Then I'd say MoP, though WoD isn't far behind even with its abandonment. Legion and BfA are garbage, though obviously BfA is the worst. Not because "it's the current expansion", but because the combat doesn't feel like it's wow anymore (legion had this problem too), it feels like Diablo with the builder/spender crap (and surprise, legion had a lot of developers from diablo for some incredibly stupid reason)

Legion ruined my favorite classes and I didn't find a single one enjoyable anymore (not for a lack of trying though, trust me). Suramar was still great though, and the legendaries did make some classes almost playable in the last patch (still not fun). Of course the implementation of the legendaries sucked. The fact that they took away gear progression in PvP and added PvP talents pretty much just removed it as an option for me and I always liked PvP previously. Mythic+ and some of the raids (and suramar) were the only redeeming factors here, but due to the gameplay issues I couldn't enjoy them. If legion had class design from any of the older expansions (post-tbc) and the gear progression of the previous expansions, it would have been really good I think.

BfA is like legion, but everything is just worse. The class design is horrendous for just about every spec. I can't be bothered to even try to raid. The mythic+ dungeons are poor this time around, none of them are really any fun. Maybe the raids are okay, but as I've made pretty clear, it doesn't matter with the terrible gameplay. Also the gear progression is again really bad. Add that to not having any tier sets, and nothing seems to be redeeming about this expansion. The story is just an insult to human intelligence too. PvP hasn't improved much either.
    Last edited by Ludvig; 2019-12-15 at 01:36 AM.

The decade is 2011-2020

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The current expansion is always hated.