Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    If the Senate acquits Trump, next Democratic Nominee should ask for the European Union to intervene on their behalf.

It's only fair!
    Lol, that would be interesting. Have Biden's VP Chief of Staff fly over to the next EU meeting and quietly ask for all their internal notes on Trump to be released to the public.

I see 'ol Doc'y is gaslighting as usual. Did we ever track down his lying posting campaign on that other site?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    agreed since foreign interference is totally okay for Trumpist now.
    I mean it makes a perfect kind of logical sense.

For the EU countries, climate change is a major national priority. A major security issue even. Their electorates demand they take action on what they term the "Climate Crisis". Here, the Trumphadis pretend Climate change isn't a thing. Therefore EU countries actively trying to keep Trump out of power translates to them acting within the realm of their national security.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Lol, that would be interesting. Have Biden's VP Chief of Staff fly over to the next EU meeting and quietly ask for all their internal notes on Trump to be released to the public.

I see 'ol Doc'y is gaslighting as usual. Did we ever track down his lying posting campaign on that other site?
    It was him and TexasRules on the Hill. I think someone else was on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Expect what you want...I'm sure your stereotype of me is much more convincing to you than anything I can say.
    What does my opinion of you matter in this? you endorsed this behavior and don't think it's impeachable that means whoever does it left right or pink you are fine with it. Am I correct or do you not wish to answer?

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    So it's the semantic game with you?

Tell me, what do you think "soliciting interference" is?
    It's not bribery. And if anyone is playing a semantics game here...it's you.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Next? Republicans will blindly defend Trump no matter what. We'll get another year of bad behavior, law breaking, and scandals.

Trump won't actually get anything meaningful and positive accomplished, just like the last three years. Basically a lot of chaos in order to distract from how much of a criminal Trump is.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean me? Those are the words of Article 1: Abuse of Power.

And if it's not bribery, then what is it?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I see he got his GOP talking points for today.

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    What's next after impeachment?

Ask McConnell. He has over 100 bills sitting on his desk waiting to get voted on that passed the House. He's literally in the way of potential progress.
    400 actually.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Why should I care what they hate? That's not something I think you're readily accepting Connal, for some crazy reason.

There simply is not value in forging a common ground with these people and coming to some kind of understanding. We have defeat them. We have to beat them in elections, and in the courts. We have to jail the un-American idols. That is what defending the Constitution, the rule of law and our democratic rights demands. If we compromise with them, we assist them in undermining those things.

We _must_ be doctrinaire about this because we are emphatically in the right and clearly consistent with our once-shared American traditions while they have imported authoritarianism and cults of personality into this country from foreign lands. How bad is it? We just had members of Congress argue that Abuse of Power is not a crime! That is a literal thing that happened in the last 72 hours. That is how far gone they are.

You need to wake up and deal with the fact that America will not and most of all SHOULD NOT come to some kind of co-existence between those who are against Trump and those who are for. One will triumph over the other. And time and political winds is not on the Trumphadi's side. Because remember, if Democrats win the districts they did in 2018 in similar proportional numbers, they win the Presidency in 2020. And Pelosi is projected to grow her majority, not shrink it. And if that fails, there is 2024. The music stops for the Trumphadis at some point.

So yes, there is a ticking clock, and God help the Trumphadis when it does, because nobody else will.
    A "common ground" with those people is actually dangerous. Because it elevates their conspiracy theories to the level of civil discourse, and that is BAD.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Next? Republicans will blindly defend Trump no matter what. We'll get another year of bad behavior, law breaking, and scandals.

Trump won't actually get anything meaningful and positive accomplished, just like the last three years. Just chaos.
    I sincerely hope that the DNC is planning a nation wide campaign heavily utilizing the phrase "Impeached President Trump"....

7+ Year Old Account
    I see he got his GOP talking points for today.
    The ONLY thing they have to fall back on now is the Chewbacca Defense and NO U.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/hannit...ump-is-removed

Last night, Mitch McConnell came out and said "The case is so darn weak coming over from the House. We all know how it's going to end. There is no chance the president is going to be removed from office." What’s next for the democrats when impeachment fails in the senate? Will they stop trying to find ways to impede and obstruct this administration, or will they move on to some new accusation to yodel until November 2020? Do the house democrats have any legislation they will be focusing on for the coming year? With the news cycle being completely dominated by Russian collusion / Ukranian Quid pro Quo since the President took office, the public doesn’t really have any idea what Congress has actually been working on, and if anything will come from this congress before the next election.
    After the House satisfies the nevertrumpers with an impeachment and then it fails in the Senate it will go back to business as usual. 2020 will determine what happens from there.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    After the House satisfies the nevertrumpers with an impeachment and then it fails in the Senate it will go back to business as usual. 2020 will determine what happens from there.
    Lol, calling seeking out the truth a "nevertrumpers" thing. Your lies continue to be adorable.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    What does my opinion of you matter in this? you endorsed this behavior and don't think it's impeachable that means whoever does it left right or pink you are fine with it. Am I correct or do you not wish to answer?
    I did NOT endorse his behavior...and I explicitly stated the opposite to you. Is your reading comprehension really that abysmal?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    instead of yelling and accusing them
    Where have I done this?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did NOT endorse his behavior...and I explicitly stated the opposite to you. Is your reading comprehension really that abysmal?
    Gotcha - so bribery shouldn't be a criminal charge if the president does it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lol, calling seeking out the truth a "nevertrumpers" thing. Your lies continue to be adorable.
    Agreed. Nevertrumpers and truth are mutually exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/hannit...ump-is-removed

Last night, Mitch McConnell came out and said "The case is so darn weak coming over from the House. We all know how it's going to end. There is no chance the president is going to be removed from office." What’s next for the democrats when impeachment fails in the senate? Will they stop trying to find ways to impede and obstruct this administration, or will they move on to some new accusation to yodel until November 2020? Do the house democrats have any legislation they will be focusing on for the coming year? With the news cycle being completely dominated by Russian collusion / Ukranian Quid pro Quo since the President took office, the public doesn’t really have any idea what Congress has actually been working on, and if anything will come from this congress before the next election.
    I thought this was a sincere inquiry, then I got to the bolded. /rollseyes-into-oblivion.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    Agreed. Nevertrumpers and truth are mutually exclusive.
    I see your lies are continuing full GOP strength. Good job making the country worse!

It won’t pass the Senate so it doesn’t matter. It’s just a waste of time and money. If anything it increases his chance to be re-elected in the Fall. If you can’t beat him impeach him!