Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    2019 was ready for classic ...classic wasnt ready for 2019

The game is for me, but the people who play it are not.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Great reward structure
    Laughably easy content
    Toxic private server players ruining the whole experience / Worst community in gaming

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    So why do you keep doing WQ, raid farm, etc
    I was gonna say lmao.

I guess monotonous WQs that you do every DAY are more "fun".

Some people just need that instant satisfaction, waddya' do :/

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I was gonna say lmao.

I guess monotonous WQs that you do every DAY are more "fun".

Some people just need that instant satisfaction, waddya' do :/
    You know people can simply not play either, its not that someone has to absolutely love WQs just because he doesn't like classic. And Retail at least gets brand new content every 6 month or so, solo content which you can play for a month or two, and clear a fresh raid for however long it takes you, and then take a break again.

I have played vanilla myself 15 years ago. To excess. I had a bit of fun leveling in classic, until the monotony hit me, and I just stopped.

So boring, literally nothing to do - even when you are questing - 80% or more of the time is doing nothing.

Retail is objectively a more interesting and fun game ... that's unquestionable.

The only good thing to come out of vanilla is to show people what grind is and how the whole concept of grind has vanished from the game over the last few expansions.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is an excellent game that I continue to find things to enjoy. The community on my smaller size PvP server is pretty good. Reminds me a lot of Vanilla. I don't think it is quite as good as Vanilla was due to the overall longevity of Classic. I was getting bored but started leveling an alt and the addiction has kicked back in. The state of PvP has been a complete disaster. It was predictable and I think it is an intentional misstep by Blizzard.

Nostalgia wears off sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tldr.

Vanilla sucks. Give us TBC already, 9000% better.

WoW Players were basically equivalent to cavemen in 2004. We tried to go back to a simpler time but our mindset as players has progressed drastically since 2004. I still enjoy classic immensely and hope they decide to do classic+.

Loving the slow pace of combat.

I'm about near to quitting retail. Not because it's tough, but because my hands just can't handle spamming abilities at the current pace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So boring, literally nothing to do - even when you are questing - 80% or more of the time is doing nothing.

Retail is objectively a more interesting and fun game ... that's unquestionable.

The only good thing to come out of vanilla is to show people what grind is and how the whole concept of grind has vanished from the game over the last few expansions.
    I'd argue the grind is worse now than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I'd argue the grind is worse now than ever before.
    Then you would be objectively incorrect.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I was having a good time with all my guildies but couldn't shake the feeling of this isn't "the real wow". So i quit and went back to retail

Tried it for a bit and it was a fun experience but:
    - I hate the slow resource regen and the high resource cost
    - I hate hit stat, spell resistance etc.
    - I miss too many QoL improvements and features from live (auto learn spells, talents, bags, build-in quest helper, transmog, collections tab, interface/UI)
    - Quests are boring and too grindy

Classic just feels very outdated as a game but I'm happy people find joy in it
    (I originally started playing in TBC)
    Last edited by llz; 2019-12-14 at 09:25 PM.

Would rather play TBC

I'm enjoying it, waiting for BWL.
    Edit Signature.

My TLDR?

The game is good. The community is not.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly fun, sometimes aggravating.

Don't start late, play it during launch.