Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I don't want to farm benthic gear. I'm raid logging and that's all effort I'm ready to apply. I'm playing WoW for raids and story. Daily quests or mindless farm is outside of my interests.

- - - Updated - - -

Spending 9 hours a week should be enough to get the best gear in the game.
    It is, as long as you learn how to press buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Or, you can just you know... get good or something. I get it, you want easymode mythic, but I don't think game needs 5 difficulty modes at this point just to sate people at the level where they can't kill M.Orgozoa or M.Court 5 months in.

4 difficulty levels are plenty enough and they don't need to buff heroic or nerf mythic either. Mythic is absolutely fine as it is, it's just that not many are up to it, just like not many are up to Dark Souls or what not.
    i think that most people who complain about guilds dying simply miss over time nerfs to all difficulties from wolk-mop period.

and i do think that removal of those was a huge mistake that costed them deaths of so many guilds and so many people leaving game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    It is, as long as you learn how to press buttons.
    I'm playing to enjoy the game. I have better things to learn in my life.

I'm playing to enjoy the game. I have better things to learn in my life.
    It does not take long to learn how to press buttons. In fact, it takes more effort and time to stay bad than it does to get better.

You are intentionally choosing to stay bad at the game even though it requires more effort.

Maybe you should go play classic or something.
    Last edited by asil; 2019-12-23 at 03:30 PM.

Why do mystic raiders brush off all criticism of their elite club? It doesn't take a genius to tell that the difficulty curve in Mythic raids is absolutely bonkers and busted. Going from 20ish attempts to over 150 in one boss is not good game design. The "make heroic harder" answer (which I agree with generally) is not a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Why do mystic raiders brush off all criticism of their elite club? It doesn't take a genius to tell that the difficulty curve in Mythic raids is absolutely bonkers and busted. Going from 20ish attempts to over 150 in one boss is not good game design. The "make heroic harder" answer (which I agree with generally) is not a solution.
    There's no "elite club" lmao. 150 pulls on a boss isn't even a lot.

Pretty much everyone complaining about mythic are players that have never even raided mythic with no idea what they're even talking about.

They have some weird perception of the mythic raiding and use said perception to justify never putting any effort into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does not take long to learn how to press buttons. In fact, it takes more effort and time to stay bad than it does to get better.
    Probably 80% of players are really good at staying bad. Or you're wrong and that's more likely.

Maybe you should go play classic or something.
    I played Classic, it's ridden with the same toxic attitude of excluding people.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Which boss was that, if I may inquire?

Probably 80% of players are really good at staying bad. Or you're wrong and that's more likely.

I played Classic, it's ridden with the same toxic attitude of excluding people.
    People are bad at wow because they literally refuse to admit to their own problems. If I had a dime for every grey-parser I know that tries to blame everyone but themselves I'd be very wealthy.

This is the same mentality that goes into people being bad at any game. league of legends is a good example. You have tons of people stuck in bronze that refuse to accept they're in bronze because they are playing poorly. They blame it on "elo hell" or "their team" or whatever else.

They have no self-awareness at all. WoW is not a hard game. If you have good situational awareness - which is a learned skill, you will be good at world of warcraft.

You can either accept that, or keep whining on the forums asking blizzard to make the game easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll keep whining, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    I can't believe this thread is still going. And mythic raiding hater Osmeric still spreads his vile hatred for fun because "games are made to make money". What a terribly sad state of mind.
    Personally, i think it speaks volumes how Blizzard seemingly "taught" a portion of the playerbase to dislike things that aren't there to solely maximize profit.

With this mindset, one might as well advocate for the increasing MTX in WoW, because they obviously are extremely valuable to Blizzards bottomline.

This is the same mentality that goes into people being bad at any game. league of legends is a good example. You have tons of people stuck in bronze that refuse to accept they're in bronze because they are playing poorly. They blame it on "elo hell" or "their team" or whatever else.
    I was watching a Forsen stream years ago.
    He was asked why Multiplayer games (LoL; Dota, etc.) are so popular, he just said:
    Because bad players can easily blame their mistakes on others, in a 1v1 RTS match, you can't blame anyone but yourself.

Some truth in there, especially considering that those games are infamous for their toxic community.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-12-23 at 03:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Which boss was that, if I may inquire?
    Probably radiance to ashvane, though that was more like 5 to 80

I just miss the fights where if one player messed up, he got fucked up and punished by it. Nowdays it is the raid who suffers and most likely without a bress you have to wipe and restart again.

When you go from player to Raid Leader you start getting the picture better because the curve is also skewed. Ashvane was the prime example of this before the nerfs. The first 3 was all right, then ashvane was waaaaaaaaay harder. This should not happen. I only remember one boss that was like this and it was gorefiend (REALLY hard wall mid raid boss I mean) for the average mythic guild.

What I mean is, if your guild is composed of 5 amazing players (90%+), 5 great players (75%+), 5 average players (40 to 70) and 5 "not so good" players, it's impossible to keep going on. In the past that 5 amazing players would take over the mechanics of a fight and try to carry it the best they could, currently that's impossible (in this scenario) and that's why Mythic pugs don't go farther than Orgz.
    Thanks for the heads up!

I want any boss in the game to die after 100 attempts, that's it. This toxic elitism does not belong to WoW. It was never there in the first place.
    Congrats, you can kill heroic azshara in less than 100 tries! oh you meant mythic azshara? why not just send you the CE achiev to your mail? its basically the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I just miss the fights where if one player messed up, he got fucked up and punished by it. Nowdays it is the raid who suffers and most likely without a bress you have to wipe and restart again.

When you go from player to Raid Leader you start getting the picture better because the curve is also skewed. Ashvane was the prime example of this before the nerfs. The first 3 was all right, then ashvane was waaaaaaaaay harder. This should not happen. I only remember one boss that was like this and it was gorefiend (REALLY hard wall mid raid boss I mean) for the average mythic guild.
    Everyone agrees on this, ashvane was too hard for the place she was, no one argues this, but this is still 1 boss among all the others in BFA, ashvane being overtuned for being the 4th boss doesnt equal mythic as a whole being overtuned, people just need to step up their game, or realize that you can actually get worse from 1 expansion to other, impossible concept for some but i see it happen all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Congrats, you can kill heroic azshara in less than 100 tries!
    Yeah, I'll do that on first month. And then what?

Yeah, I'll do that on first month. And then what?
    Then keep farming her cause mythic azshara is out of your reach, its better to know your limits than blaming blizz for mythic being too hard for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spending 9 hours a week should be enough to get the best gear in the game.
    I spend 6 hours a week and cleared Mythic EP months ago. So yeah, sounds like a "you" problem.

It's fine that there is content ingame that requires some modicum of skill, after all you have all the people claiming how WoW is easymode and all, so let's have that one bit of content that is not a walk in the park.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Just want to say one thing: People comparing CURRENT RETAIL Mythic EP to CURRENT CLASSIC MC or Ony where fights are lasting less than 30 seconds sometimes maybe 59 seconds have absolutely no place in the conversation to a locked to 20 people 5-10+ minute fights in a situation where if 10 people messed up a mechanic on classic they die vs literally ONE SINGLE SMALL mis STEP yes STEP will literally cause your entire Retail Mythic EP boss to stomp your raid team into oblivion have no place to even fathom comparing the difficulty AT ALL

Classic and Retail are completely different animals, stop comparing them

What I don't like about mythic is that if 5 people die early in the fight, it's a wipe.

It's too tight in that sense.

Bosses with raid-wipe 1 shot mechs are over-used

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Reality is, harder tier raiding was more active when grinding wasnt involved, raid logging raiding is the best raiding for those that want to raid.

All this grind is just annoying, 9/10 people that quit WoW the last years have quit for this reason, they love raiding, they hate grinding pointless stuff (AP) for it because they want to play a lot when things are new, gear up, farm for a bit, and then raid log.

Forcing them to grind World Quests for the last 3 years has made many older raiders quit.

I mean, this guild i ended up taking over to casually raid, had 20-30 people + all together for 6 years until Legion, they all were around 30-40 years old, they all massively quit at Legion because they could no longer raid log, because half the guild had farmed and could do shit, the other half was useless and started causing problems.

Thats when the raiding changed, you cant expect years of raid logging, to finally grinding.
    Lol that's exactly how I think about it.

I love to burn through new content really fast and then chill and just raid and do arenas. But the BS gating to things like AP and what not the past few expansions really has made me quit multiple times now just to check out the next expansion with the same crap systems in place.

I really don't want to do dailies just to keep up all the time I want to play. Classic is quite perfect in this regard, I burned through the leveling and initial gearing grind in a matter 2 weeks and now I just log in to PVP some and join our weekly raids and it's fun because I don't feel obliged to do it every single day.