Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I missed nothing... you want your Vanilla to flow... That isn't going to happen... its going to be 1.12... It will be that snapshot in time... a museum... not a living breathing flowing thing.
    No, I get that it won't happen, atleast not with Blizzard. I can still argue a point, can't I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    No, I get that it won't happen, atleast not with Blizzard. I can still argue a point, can't I?
    Pretty sure that Blizzard told us from the beginning it was going to be a museum, but sure, I suppose if you want to 'argue' your point that the unmentionables had this or that or something else, and that is some how 'better' for you, then I'd encourage you to be where you are happy.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Pretty sure that Blizzard told us from the beginning it was going to be a museum, but sure, I suppose if you want to 'argue' your point that the unmentionables had this or that or something else, and that is some how 'better' for you, then I'd encourage you to be where you are happy.
    Given the fact that launching classic once again is all about going back to the old days, a love present to themself and the players - one would imagine that releasing AV in a state older than 1.12 would be an advantage. Right now AV works more or less like in retail - Rush & GG, dont matter if you win or lose.

If they had released one of the older versions of AV the longevity of classic would increase. The good old AV that lasted days is what should have been, not the "RUSH GG".

It was a huge mistake not doing it, and I think alot of people expected the old AV in classic - no matter what Blizzard has said.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Given the fact that launching classic once again is all about going back to the old days, a love present to themself and the players - one would imagine that releasing AV in a state older than 1.12 would be an advantage. Right now AV works more or less like in retail - Rush & GG, dont matter if you win or lose.

If they had released one of the older versions of AV the longevity of classic would increase. The good old AV that lasted days is what should have been, not the "RUSH GG".

It was a huge mistake not doing it, and I think alot of people expected the old AV in classic - no matter what Blizzard has said.
    please stop asking to be placated you're not making any sense whatsoever, you're just asking for a frankenvanilla, whatever happend to #nochanges??? your kind will never be happy with anything. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Pick a single patch, base everything on that, make no exceptions and never deviate.
    As pointed out in later posts, there are multiple systems that were part of 1.12 but Blizzard intentionally excluded from Classic for the time being.

Because while YOU might have wanted AV 1.6 or whatever
    Okay, let's turn that around.

I wanted the 1.12 mount system, because it gave me an option of mounts without requiring insane amounts of gold.
    Oh, gotta wait awhile for that one, right?

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    please stop asking to be placated you're not making any sense whatsoever, you're just asking for a frankenvanilla, whatever happend to #nochanges??? your kind will never be happy with anything. /s
    That "Frankenvanilla" is already a reality, in case you didn't notice.
    It was the moment Blizzard decided to use 1.12 but then not also hand out all of 1.12 content or changes.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-01-08 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That "Frankenvanilla" is already a reality, in case you didn't notice.
    It was the moment Blizzard decided to use 1.12 but then not also hand out all of 1.12 content or changes.
    IKR

10chars

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they chose 1.12 as the patch to base everything on, because shits like you would never have agreed to a pick-and-choose selection of "the best parts of all Classic patches".

That simple.

Its a very simple to understand decision:

Pick a single patch, base everything on that, make no exceptions and never deviate.

Because while YOU might have wanted AV 1.6 or whatever, OTHERS probably didn't. While YOU might have wanted a talent tree build from 1.8 for a particular class, OTHERS DID NOT.

So, rather than try to picka nd choose and please no one, they just picked one (the one that even back in Vanilla they considered the most complete form of WoW) and went with it, full stop.

Any time you want to quit whining like a 2 year old about it, let us know.

Until then, enjoy ignore.

- - - Updated - - -

No it isn't, because no one agrees what that is.

I 100% guarantee you my thoughts on Classic+ and yours are incompatible.

its a loser from minute one.
    I'm with you on the reasoning regarding 1.12 classic with no deviations.

However regard classic+ think you logic falls apart. By that same logic the next xpac would not be produced because there would be no consensus on what features to implement. Every xpac they release changes that the vocal majority despise, so don't really think 'consensus' on implementation of new features is needed for them to act on a venture.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

It's not that Blizzard cant... its Blizzard has made the choice not to.

- - - Updated - - -

When people sign on to the 'somechanges' team what they are actually signing onto is the 'mychanges' team, because lets face it, changes you disagree with will cause a severe adverse reaction, despite the claim of 'somechanges' are needed.
    No? It won't. I trust the Classic team to do the right changes if they're needed. Not everyone is a negative black hole that wants to drag everyone else in like you.

"All I have is negative thoughts." - People on MMO-C.

this 7 mins av wins by the alliance, I had never seen them back in the day. And I was hardcore playing wow, bg pvp constantly. a few days ago, was the first time i have seen it. Did you people honestly experienced win or loses in 7min back 15 years ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    No? It won't. I trust the Classic team to do the right changes if they're needed. Not everyone is a negative black hole that wants to drag everyone else in like you.

"All I have is negative thoughts." - People on MMO-C.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree... The reality is that regardless of what Blizzard does or doesn't do folks will continue to lose their shit because Blizzard isn't doing what a particular group is demanding of them.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nochanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Nonsense. There are people who were content to play on private servers for like, a decade. All the while begging for Classic servers. And now the people who don't appreciate Classic for what it is, expect Blizz to create what amounts to fanfiction AU Classic servers with retail flourishes. Defeating the very purpose of Classic (experiencing WoW as it was) in the first place.

No. Just... no.
    The sentiment that the "people who don't appreciate Classic for what it is" are the ones asking for changes is simply inaccurate. The whole reason people want to use Vanilla as a starting point for any change is because we/they recognize that the Vanilla gameplay experience is better than the retail one.

And I'm sure the people who played Vanilla for decades because it was their favorite version of the game do not also think that the game could and should never receive new content. The sentiment from that community is that Blizzard no longer wanted/wants to make an MMO identical to how Classic used to be. The content in TBC wasn't bad content, there were just too many changes from Vanilla while also simultaneously removing any and all challenge the original content once had. It was no longer possible to play that version of the game. Just keep that version of the game intact and you win.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way to make everyone happy, so just keep it as is. The rush tactic is there cuz, unlike 15y ago, people today only care about being efficient and getting that sweet rep / gear in the higher ranks. Those who wanted to play it casualy and immerse themselves in the experience are about to hit 60.
    Everyone else who nolifed it to 60 in order to get the gear asap, also nolifed AV. Once they are done they go on their alts (if they have them) and do the same, or quit AV all together.
    The only thing that changed is the mentality of players.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Right now AV works more or less like in retail - Rush & GG, dont matter if you win or lose.
    Check you facts before you post bull.

Retail AV kills the generals, caps all bunkers, and kills Van/Drek. Farmed it for meta achi prior to november, each match is at least 25mins. Gonna farm it again now that Korak's event ended, and yh that event was a zerg fest. And ironically it was "more vanilla" then classic's AV is rn.
    Last edited by Denizly; 2020-01-12 at 08:10 AM.

I don't get the nochanges discussion in here. Blizzard clearly said that they are trying to recreate the feeling of the original not the exact code.

The Drek/Van single pull is against what the Devs intended back then. So blizzard just has to decide whether this falls into the unintended but interesting gameplay and leave it in or the unintended and bad category and fix it. Nochanges doesn't apply here.

And for me this bug is definitely on the exploit that harms the game immensely and should be fixed immediately side. AV was intended to be a longish battleground. It's rewards are designed around it. It's gameplay is designed around it. So if you are wining in 6 minutes it should be because you overcame the intended mechanic to stop you from doing that (having to fight all the Marshalls). And that is not what is happening here.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what we wanted, or at least I wanted. REAL Classic. These "exploits" or w/e you call them are a GOOD thing, cause they are original. It brings us truly back to Vanilla and that's the whole point of Classic and why #nochanges is good.

Sadly, Blizzard has fixed other things. It would have been so cool if "Talisman of the Binding Shard" that one legendary neck that dropped by mistake would also drop ONCE in Classic as well, but at crazy low %, could happen at any time for any group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I don't get the nochanges discussion in here. Blizzard clearly said that they are trying to recreate the feeling of the original not the exact code.

The Drek/Van single pull is against what the Devs intended back then. So blizzard just has to decide whether this falls into the unintended but interesting gameplay and leave it in or the unintended and bad category and fix it. Nochanges doesn't apply here.

And for me this bug is definitely on the exploit that harms the game immensely and should be fixed immediately side. AV was intended to be a longish battleground. It's rewards are designed around it. It's gameplay is designed around it. So if you are wining in 6 minutes it should be because you overcame the intended mechanic to stop you from doing that (having to fight all the Marshalls). And that is not what is happening here.
    "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life, the facts of life!"

If you start fixing bugs and unintended things you ARE breaking #nochanges. The WHOLE POINT of #nochanges is to get the TRUE experience, this include bad systems, bugs, exploits etc. The good and the bad things is what makes the nostalgic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    This is what we wanted, or at least I wanted. REAL Classic. These "exploits" or w/e you call them are a GOOD thing, cause they are original. It brings us truly back to Vanilla and that's the whole point of Classic and why #nochanges is good.
    That is of course something you can want (and if it included bringing back patching the game, I would agree that that would be interesting), but that's not the game Blizzard made. They made a permanent 1.12 with "you patch out the bad" bugfixes. There is not going to be a true experience. So we might as well make the "false" experience suck less within the rules of Blizzards version of "nochanges".
    (And I totally agree that there is cool and weird bugs in the original that are absolutely worth saving. Talisman dropping sometimes would be awesome )
    Last edited by owbu; 2020-01-14 at 08:43 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This is the kinda shit that makes Classic+ look appealing to fix all the broken shit
    Classic+ xDDD

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Classic+ xDDD
    TBClassic is coming so Classic+ isn't really needed anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    TBClassic is coming so Classic+ isn't really needed anyways.
    Actually tbc fix major things from vanilla. Tbc in some way is just a classic+ but i know some just want new content in vanilla game version + update on shit. Seeing new content would be nice idea but i think actual blizzard cant handle it. Just go for TBC and yes doin TBC is much much cheaper and faster :P

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Actually tbc fix major things from vanilla. Tbc in some way is just a classic+ but i know some just want new content in vanilla game version + update on shit. Seeing new content would be nice idea but i think actual blizzard cant handle it. Just go for TBC and yes doin TBC is much much cheaper and faster :P
    Ya, and TBC is going to happen for the pure fact that Classic increased subs past 2+ million and kept a lot of them even until now. For investors that is a boon and I am guessing they probably told them to do it again. They have tools made to restructure the old database and they definitely have a version of it running internally for testing purposes.