Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they do ease up on the artifact transmog restrictions there's practically 0 chance they'll allow different classes to use each others artifacts. But a ret paladin using the holy artifact would be freaking sweet it's such an awesome weapon with the libram belt but completely useless if you're not healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I thought I read that soon in either 8.3 or Shadowlands, that Blizzard will finally allow artifact weapon appearances to be transmog on different specs? So an Unholy DK can use the Blood DK artifact weapon appearance. Or maybe even Classes, a Arms Warrior can use the Ret Paladin's artifact appearance.

Is this in the works?
    Class specific artifact appearances are locked to those classes and they have no plans to change that.

the only thing i was is to be able to tranmog artifacts across specs in the same class, for example using destro staves as demo/aff, using the reinhart skin for holy paladin as ret, using the bony blood axe as unholy, the shadow naaru holy staff as shadow etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    If they do ease up on the artifact transmog restrictions there's practically 0 chance they'll allow different classes to use each others artifacts. But a ret paladin using the holy artifact would be freaking sweet it's such an awesome weapon with the libram belt but completely useless if you're not healing.
    Yeah, the holy hammer has some great skins and it would be cool to see people be whacked by it.

The HD Thunderfury is literally the only thing slightly nudging me to want cross-class legendaries, but otherwise I think it's a silly notion.
    Cross-spec is cool and Blizzard ought to look into it, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    For each Class then yes then should, along with splitting the MH/Shield/OH options. Across Classes? I hope not and really doubt it. Artifacts are Class specific and I'm quite happy for them to stay that way, just open it up for the Specs. Havoc DH wants to use a Vengeance appearance, why not? UH DK wanting to use Ashbringer, nope.
    Now mind you, UH DK with the Corrupted Ashbringer or a Warrior with the currently rogue only HD Thunderfury would work pretty well.

But pretty much everything else? Nope, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    The Holy paladin artifact is one of the best ones, but you never see it. It's sad.
    It's super sad that Blizzard didn't make more caster 2h maces/swords this expansion for this exact reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Gods yes! I have the Legion S7 elite pvp gear on my paladin and the ONLY weapon that matches is the orange challenge skin for the holy artifact. It would look great for Ret as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    The Holy paladin artifact is one of the best ones, but you never see it. It's sad.
    I mean, you can overwrite a 1H and shield with the holy artifact appearance; I do the same on my Druid using a mace and offhand but I xmog the balance and resto staves.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see them eventually easing up on spec restrictions - though they've said nothing to that effect. But I doubt we'll ever be able to use e.g. frost mage staff on a lock, or Ashbringer on a DK, etc. I don't think there's any chance of that happening at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I’ll be happy with Ret Paladins using holy two hand mace artifact. It’s just so much more fitting.
    Can't say I agree with that, Ashbringer is a pretty iconic weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I could see them eventually easing up on spec restrictions - though they've said nothing to that effect. But I doubt we'll ever be able to use e.g. frost mage staff on a lock, or Ashbringer on a DK, etc. I don't think there's any chance of that happening at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't say I agree with that, Ashbringer is a pretty iconic weapon.
    I agree with you. Cross-spec I can see.

Cross-class would require a lot of leniency. It's just a shame that there are one or two cool artifact skins that would be cool to have for other classes, but that still makes them the exception and not a good reason to get rid of the class restrictions altogether.

The explanation Blizzard gave for teh restrictions on artifact transmogs had to do with their decision to allow artifact transmog to trump all other restrictions, specifically to allow more unusual weapon types to be possible, like allowing Healadins to transmog their mace when they usually have a 1h+shield combo, or allowing fire mage or Shadow priest to transmog a 1h+offhand combo when they might more likely have a staff.

That being said i feel pretty confident that we will see improvements on the transmog during Shadowlands given the focus on cosmetics. So i would not give up hope on it just because Blizzard has yet to confirm anything about it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Wands even still exist? lol
    Yes, and the game loves to give wands to you as a caster, specially if your artifact weapon is a staff