Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if has been asked before but is it still true that you can crossplay between reforged and classic? Or have they scratched that idea? I am honestly considering just playing W3 Classic with the new surge of players, that is, if thats possible... I know it was the intention, just not sure it got executed this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    They promised us new campaign and new voice actors that was cut, as well as the new UI that also looks like it will be cut.

- - - Updated - - -

and the devs aren't even responding to the complaints of the day 1 bugs
    Targeted or planned does not equal a promise. You people need to learn the difference. You probably claim you need things you just want as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    ok

u mad bruh?
    So you're here to troll and can only respond in memes. Expected, sadly

I'd love if Blizzard would start telling smaller stories they don't have time to establish in wow, as small WC3:R content packs. Maybe preludes or prologues to major content cycles in wow to touch on lore bits that don't make sense to have in WoW or maybe didn't make the cutting room floor.

I feel like WC3 could be a great delivery mechanism for smaller stories.
    Last edited by chorx; 2020-01-28 at 05:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, this is kinda BS. im not good at multiplayer. The reason i pre-ordered Reforged was because of the campaign, cutscenes, cinematics and ofc the world builder. Now you're telling me im only getting the world builder???? :/

Edit: ah, i went back and read the thread carefully again. Disregard this post.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2020-01-28 at 06:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    I assume you always completely zoomed in when playing WC3 back in the days and it looked sooo awesome.
    I think this is from a cutscene, which kills the feeling the original had.

Does it have achievements btw? I think I remember reading about that sometime...

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    So you're here to troll and can only respond in memes. Expected, sadly
    Now would you look at that: nothing's working properly, people taking infinity to match on ladder, and people can't play custom games. The actual promised 8 reworked chapters have been reduced from 8 to 3, and people just get a "Defeated" after loading. And those who didn't buy Reforged have been forced to updated to Reforged.

But go off, keep on shilling and clown further with the "it's just a beta" -> "they will fix it eventually"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Targeted or planned does not equal a promise. You people need to learn the difference. You probably claim you need things you just want as well.
    Whatever, the release is still unironically a disaster.
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-01-29 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    This post is probably where the person you quoted feels it was promised... https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...nes-happy/9876

A lot of people don't know the line to not cross from SHOWN feature to PROMISED feature, and all they waltz right on to the PROMISED side. Hence the "outrage".

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    What?! They should not speak to people about what exactly they are asking 30 bucks for?
    Yes, they should not. Just like nearly ALL companies. The fact People think they are entitled to know everything going on behind the scenes is exactly the entitlement I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I really like warcraft 3 and all, but I just think the game looks very bad.

It's a Reforged edition and should look better, but check this screenshot below. Looms like someone who just discovered 3d studio max and made his first 3d scenario.

The character looks like a 3d character that's took out of place, in a background that doesn't fit it whatsoever.
    That looks awesome! My god, I might actually have to buy this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    This post is probably where the person you quoted feels it was promised... https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...nes-happy/9876

A lot of people don't know the line to not cross from SHOWN feature to PROMISED feature, and all they waltz right on to the PROMISED side. Hence the "outrage".
    This has been happening since WotLK. Yes the box said new dances and they were not in. I get that one. But anyone claiming a dev promised anything whith out them saying something is outright promised, doesn't understand the word nor how product development works.

That's why shit say work in progress and might not resemble the final product.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard scrapped them all apparently because people cried on the forums... Not sure I buy it though
    There's no way blizzard simply changed their mind about something like that because a few people complained. Think about all the stuff so many more people have complained about during the history of blizzard as a company and that they didn't change.

Pretty sure that after a certain amount of time blizzard didn't see the value of dumping any additional resources into this and figured they'd just keep paying the 5 chinese interns until they were finished making the models and then they'd put it out. 'least the interns did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Nope Blizzard said themselves everything they promised was going to be cut, it was reported about 3 months ago. There were reports to fix retcons new voice actors to fit the current ones, redesigning maps and new scenes. Blizzard scrapped them all apparently because people cried on the forums... Not sure I buy it though

https://www.pcgamer.com/warcraft-3-r...-voice-actors/

Seeing my original posts on this thread would have you see how pumped I was for this. Heart broken

Now what we have is a 'prettier' Warcraft 3. In which I might as well play the game that still runs on my computer.
    Same. If they had kept the original plans and made changes to the campaign I would be willing to buy it but not anymore.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Same. If they had kept the original plans and made changes to the campaign I would be willing to buy it but not anymore.
    I mean it still looks pretty, but if you are a nostalgic type like me, then I say stick to the original. Still runs on my machine too

The best thing I can say about Reforged is they merged the Orc demo into the prologue... which is really cool. As well as some changes to minor details, and Dalaran looking like Dalaran in WoW, in terms of the design. But so much was gutted in this game it might as well have Been called Warcraft: Re-WoD-ed
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-01-29 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Yes, they should not. Just like nearly ALL companies. The fact People think they are entitled to know everything going on behind the scenes is exactly the entitlement I'm talking about.
    Behind the scenes in what way? People wanting to know exactly what Blizzard was planning to change in the game to see if their 30 bucks were worth it is entitlement? Really, brah?

Is there any source that lists the shortcomings of this release version in a cohesive way instead of the nonstop bitching and moaning you see basically everywhere right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Actually they did.
    The Prologue now has both the Original 2 mission Thrall tutorial campaign, combined with the demo of Frozen Thron missions where they're stuck on the Sea Witch islands and acquire trolls.

But other than that some of the WoW retcons are pretty hirandus so I'm glad they left the original story the way it is, but then again I only got as far as Undead campagin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    It costs 30$, how do come up with these statements? What kind of narrative needs this kind of strawmen?
    $45 champ, learn to money