Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If ever they were to do a plant race like Botani it'd likely be genderless, so sure, I wouldn't particularly mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    In a fantasy world that contains all kinds of creatures, you don't think they could introduce a race that's not binary without it being a political statement?
    Yes, that would be possible, but the world we're living in that would be political statement

i think Blizzard should add the 80+ genders ... lol, jk , there are only 2 for humanoids

Only if it had a big D

do you people having nothing else to think / talk about?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Honestly I would love like, an insectoid race where the females are the larger ones.

Though they could do the same with Gnolls, as Hyenas have stronger and bigger females in nature.

Simple answer: I wouldn’t, but it doesn’t hurt me if others want to.

Complex answer: I would have to go look up half the words used by others in this thread to even understand how to give a complex answer. Way too many labels being placed on themselves for me to distinguish one from another.

If it has a good look - why not?

Genderless beings aren't outlandish to fantasy, so provided it was an interesting race, sure.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

in a world of deviate delight i could not care less. i dont play wow to escape my dreadful real life and to live out my fantasy as a muscly human or a cow. i play wow just for the competition in the damage meters and for good logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Every WoW race has the stereotype gender: male and female with standard attributes (men taller, more muscles, female with breasts).
    Easy question: if Blizzard would add a race without gender, would you play it?
    Stereotype? Last time I check, to speak on gender, you speak on procreation. It's male and female.

I'm tired of people wanting me to pretend that they aren't pretending and instead want me to take them seriously. NO.

My question OP, is why is this such an issue for you? What did you get taught that makes you think this way? What is it that makes you think of someone, first and foremost, as a sexual object? Why can't you just look at someone, and not look at them up and down and judge them?

So what if this is tall or that has bigger breasts? Why is it that you want to focus on that?

Lets start with something simple. Like give the ladies the ability for mustaches. I've seen that in real life.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gelatinous Blob for next Race!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Every WoW race has the stereotype gender: male and female with standard attributes (men taller, more muscles, female with breasts).
    Easy question: if Blizzard would add a race without gender, would you play it?
    "Sterotype"
    "Female has breasts" how is that... a sterotype..?
    "Men have more muscles and taller" i mean that is not entirely true... a fair few of the wow races the male are the same height as female... pair that with lots of them not more muscular. Idk if you know anatomy or basic biology...

i mean i agree, i would play a race without genders, like ethereal male and female could look the exact same, just different voices, as their form is already pretty gender fluid. Same could be said for sethrak, no difference other then voice male to female, and i would be fine with that too.

but wtf is this first half? why do you need that, it just makes you look bad, and makes the whole thing seem stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Lot of good roleplaying races are genderless/hermaphrodite, so if the design and lore is good, perfectly ok. Also some of them are limited to only onbe gender (female) like dryads/lamia/etc

And no, these ones where not out of something agenda something shadow world power preparing us to something ho the horror.

EDIT for the precdent reply : well, in nature lot of races have larger female than male omg wow is displaying sexism female bias ! ZOMGZOMG ! (no seriously, would be interresting to have some races with taller females than male too)

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

rRRRAaa! Polly want a genderless race? rraww?
    Just because the males and females look the same doesn't mean they're genderless.

So I feel like this is almost explicitly an attempt to bait bigots, and a few have posted already.

If the design of a fantasy race was genderless, then it's genderless. That's how making stuff up works. I'm not saying that the people arguing that 'science says there are only 2 genders' aren't completely full of shit because they absolutely are, but even if I pretend that the bad science isn't complete bollocks for a second it still wouldn't apply to a fictional being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    If it looks good.

Who cares what gender your character is? What do those pixel pants hide under? Why is that relevant?
    To me it is I always made characters as close in look to Myself in any game. So answer to OP's question is NOT why would I ??
    Some games I have not played purely cause i could not customise my character to my liking. Like Jedi fallen order played 1.5 hour... Re-founded
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is skirting close to real-world gender issues. Let's focus on the idea of a genderless races in the context of WoW, and not mix in real-world identity and gender politics.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

As long as it looks good, is well animated and gear looks good on them, yeah I would.

If it’s a cool look and doesn’t have any obnoxious propaganda behind it then I’m all for it.