Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Pretty sure that is why people are saying the new 15 will be the old 10 in terms of difficulty and reward. I doubt Blizzard is going to raise a difficulty spike like that on their playerbase.
    They are though. Work harder for less rewards. The removal of Titanforging will largely negate any benefits Corrupted gear brings too, especially since Corrupted gear doesn't increase survivability. Should make for a pretty brutal season.

Pretty sure that is why people are saying the new 15 will be the old 10 in terms of difficulty and reward. I doubt Blizzard is going to raise a difficulty spike like that on their playerbase.
    Except they've done that(making +15 previous season into +10 new season) every single season thus far, the only change this time is they're adding additional rewards up to +15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

But isn’t the new cap for m+ for highest ilvl gear in the upcoming season a 15? If that’s the case then you’re stating Blizzard wants people to be able to clear a old season equivalent 18-20 for the highest gear reward now.
    Are you someone that has done mythic+ this season and prior seasons? You're asking questions / making statements as if you have not ... so I'll assume you don't know how it works. Every single new season starts out harder for an equivalent key than the season that just completed. It has to be this way because of gear inflation. At the beginning on the new season you are still using the previous season/tier's gear. As you continue to get gear over the course of the new season, the difficulty eventually normalized near the level of difficulty of the previous season. A 15 in week 1 of s4 will be roughly equivalent to a 19-20 from s3 week 24. The mobs have more health, do more damage and the modifiers for how much player damage taken also gets adjusted from one season to the next. The new season has to be more difficult with the same gear to avoid crazy key inflation.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody who has any idea what they're talking about is saying that. What I am describing is what has happened every new season for two expansions now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Are you someone that has done mythic+ this season and prior seasons? You're asking questions / making statements as if you have not ... so I'll assume you don't know how it works. Every single new season starts out harder for an equivalent key than the season that just completed. It has to be this way because of gear inflation. At the beginning on the new season you are still using the previous season/tier's gear. As you continue to get gear over the course of the new season, the difficulty eventually normalized near the level of difficulty of the previous season. A 15 in week 1 of s4 will be roughly equivalent to a 19-20 from s3 week 24. The mobs have more health, do more damage and the modifiers for how much player damage taken also gets adjusted from one season to the next. The new season has to be more difficult with the same gear to avoid crazy key inflation.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody who has any idea what they're talking about is saying that. What I am describing is what has happened every new season for two expansions now.
    Guess I haven’t noticed any increase n difficulty. The only difficulty curve I’ve ever noticed is learning the new affix. If I did 10’s previously, I have had no issue doing 10’s from the start of the new season.
    And no, I don’t push high keys and yes, my raider.io score is low. I do 1 m10 a week and usually stick to certain ones simply for a chance at specific gear. I stopped mythic raiding and don’t feel a need to push myself so rigorously. That said, I’ve had no problems jumping right back into 10s at the start of the season.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-01-10 at 03:54 AM.