Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've basically used nothing but the token since it launched, although I think there was a six-month included with one of the expansion packages, or a mount with six months, or something. My stored up gold is getting low, so I have to either farm or start paying a sub again soon.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    He asked specifically how raiders / m+ players do it, and that's what I know.

I'm not an expert on playing the AH, pretty sure there are a few forumers that could tell you stories how they make millions per month with 30 mins of effort a day.
    There isn't much to it. Buy raid mats on Sunday, resell them on Tuesday for 200% profit. Easy.

It's just... very fucking boring.

I'm not sure. I bought a shit ton of them when they first came out, 3 years or something's worth. then i bought a spider mount, then stopped buying tokens. then i bought the AH mount and that was the end of my garrison gold.

doDyou pay for the game? I'm only on the free version so far! Why spend money on games ??

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the payment history is correct I bought 360 tokens. I bought every Blizzard game, expansion, vanity item and sub for the past 5 years, plus all RaF rewards (game + sub for each reward) and upgraded all of them to BfA for the level boost. And Hearthstone packs, a lot of packs.

So that'd be 360x13€=4680€ (minus a bit from sub discounts and 220 of current bnet balance) in "savings". Quotation marks because extra gold is the sole reason I bought all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    My time is worth more than it takes to farm the gold, so none. It would cost me money.
    I haven't spent a single cent after tokens were introduced and all it takes is 5min every day to log through my alts and make Draenor bags+alchemy daily CDs. I get roughly 300-400k/month from this and I haven't even bothered to level most of them up from level 100ish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot save up that much gold and when I do I buy mounts instead .500k gold always seems to be an average for me. :S

Havnt paid for my sub or bought an expansion with money since the tokens went live. Although, I did purchase many tokens when they were dirt cheap at launch. Including race changes, server transfers, Destiny 2, etc. Probably close to a thousand dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    I haven't spent a single cent after tokens were introduced and all it takes is 5min every day to log through my alts and make Draenor bags+alchemy daily CDs. I get roughly 300-400k/month from this and I haven't even bothered to level most of them up from level 100ish.
    400k month from selling bags and some old alchemy mats? I find that hard to believe. How many alts are we talking about here?

gold is more time consuming to make than irl money so there's literally no point unless you're like at gold cap or something

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Over the course of time I've bought a handful, but like a lot here have said, it's less of a time investment for me to just pay the 15 dollars a month than to invest the time it would take in-game to farm gold. I can make 15 dollars in like a half hour of picking my nose and surfing the web at work so it's an easy choice. When I'm in game I have other things I enjoy doing that don't really equate to stacking up piles of gold. That being said I will probably end up buying Shadowlands via the gold route since I have enough gold stashed to do it without feeling the sting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Oh noes! A huge multimillion dollar company made money! Someone call the Hague!

Yes, Blizzard made money on it. That's what companies do, they provide a service and we pay for it.

Meanwhile I still have saved the $15 each month that I otherwise would have spent.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't farm for gold though. I do transmog runs every couple of weeks, like to keep my mission table running and current on my daily quests. All things I enjoy in game. I only do a few M+ a week - it's not content I find that engaging. I raid about twice a week. My normal time spent gaming is about an hour a day, many times less.
    This is what I dont get, or maybe I’m just doing things really wrong. “just playing” an hour per day would net me maybe 10k gold / month. To play that little and make enough to sell tokens seems off.

I have bought every store mount, pet, Blizzcon ticket, expansion, and monthly subscription since each was available using gold... soooo. Lots.

10+ Year Old Account
    One day of work can pay for my wow sub for years so it would literally cost me money to care about farming gold for it. Time is money friend.

Saved me being lazy and buying gold, I guess.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing about

ALOT. If I had to guess, probably around 1k

Zero, I have bought a couple to get some gold though, so it's actually cost me about 40-60

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    That's the point? Literally all 3 parties walk away from the transaction happy, while tokens also help crush illegal gold sellers. That's why it was a genius business move on Blizzard's part.

But go on and tell me how Blizzard earning less money, gold sellers running rampant, and people leaving who can't pay real money for the game leaving would have lead to a totally better WoW.
    you would be totally right, if the earned money goes into wow, size of content (including classes, spells, raids, dungeons, systems, etc) and into value of quality.

but i have to ask: Is wow better, bigger or more quality since introduction of tokens ? no. (if anything it has less amount of content and obviously less quality). what does this mean: profit of tokens goes elsewhere. into pockets of ppl. not into the game. and exactly this is the difference. it reduces wow more and more to a transport medium to make profit with tokens.

your so called triple win situation is none. because you will not win when blizz realizes that quality is not nescessary in game, because they can make same money with tokens anyway.

the result of all of this is, that on top of above problems, they make wow even more cheap shit, because as long as the transport medium works out, as long they make money by smart systems and not by more subs (via more ppl play wow, because wow gets more quality).

in short: you help making wow more bad, with supporting tokens, because you teach blizz that they can easily earn money without big investments in better games. internet and ppl that loose more and more interest in wow cause it becomes more and more cheap grind shit, will reflect you that.

just look at the extreme: if wow has finally 2 players (in a MMOrpg), 1 buy a sub for 1mio dollar and you buy your sub, which costs 800.000 dollars, by token, well... do you still think this is triple win and good for the game?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-12-24 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Considering a token is worth $20, and a monthly subscription at most is $15, you're losing $5 each money. It doesn't matter if you think you bought a token for free; it's real world value is still $20.

It's like thinking that if you buy a bar of gold (or get it from literally any source, including mining and smelting it yourself) worth $500, then use that bar of gold to buy something valued at $500 or less, you got that something for free. "But Funk, I didn't spend MAH money on it!!!!" It's completely mental.

It's ridiculously sad that their scam is working on this many of you; and even more sad for every single one of you who's going to try and call me an idiot for throwing a bit of reality in your face that you can't handle.
    um. no. pretty sure we are all aware that tokens are $20. but... they are someone ELSE's $20. that $20 does not come out of my pocket. that $15 doesn't come out of my pocket either. BLizzard wins either way, cause THEY get $5 more dollars and people who would have bought gold regardless, now have a safe, legal way of doing it instead of going to gold sellers. however. people buying tokens with gold? are NOT losing $5. they are saving $15, assuming that they would have bought subscription or mounts or whatever else anyways.

in other words. this word, scam. it doesn't mean what you think it means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    what server are you on, where you can make that much via Draenor bags? cause on my main server - they go for about 800 gold or less, and on my alt server - they are HALF that.