Primarily a tank/melee player looking to play Ele Shaman, how much of a shock am I in

As the title states, I mainly play either Tanks, or Melee DPS. I've never really been a ranged DPS, there was a time where i once played a BM hunter during Legion, but i consider that to be a melee considering absolutely nothing had a cast time on it.

The specs i've played are normally relatively sturdy ones that have no problems soloing elite boss world quests with ease, as well as being able to blow through world quests insanely fast, near 1 or 2 shotting most mobs and moving onto the next, I plan to raid as an Ele shaman if I enjoy it enough, sticking mainly to heroic content as well as diving into high level M+, how do they perform here? Do they have an easy time finding groups for m+ if I plan on pugging?

Then there's PvP, I'm not one who normally PvP's but i do like to dabble in it occasionally, I've never really paid much attention to shamans on mine or the enemies team, so i can't recall how they are performance wise, so any feedback/information here would be great as well~!

Ele is fine with everything you mentioned honestly. I've been playing one for the past 3 weeks and it's actually pretty fun. World quests/bosses die super fast, I feel like I'm fairly strong in m+ but I run with my guild so I have no idea how pugging is, cleared a +15 without much trouble though and we aren't mythic raiders or anything.

As for pvp they only have a few viable 3v3 comps but they're strong when paired with the right classes, definitely Gladiator viable, especially with a Destro Lock as the other dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 shocks total.