Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    It would discourage people to leave groups. That is it. If someone has a high number of leavings, then it's obviously because it's some prick that usually bails at the first sign of trouble.
    This isn't about people with 1-5 leavings, but about people with higher than that. Sure, a nr. of leavings can be justified, it happens, but when it's someone with a significant number, then it says something about that person.

And like I said, no one wants to rake up negative stats.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's checked by Raider.io, then people can see that the person is suspicious, and will avoid grouping up with that person.
    The game doesn't track partial runs or instances created the way it would have to for your idea to go live. Blizzard would have to track an insane amount information to do that. Eyound the technical issues people shouldn't be prisoners to bad runs, slow runs or groups that misrepresents what they say they are doing. Things also do pop up and people just have to go sometimes. Than again I have never had someone take off mid group so I have to wonder about these people that keep having these issues.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The matter of choice is irrelevant as you know nearly nothing of the players you choose.
    That's a false. You can leave if you check out other player gear/rio score/achievements/behaviour before the dungeons starts.

No one has problem with M+ leavers? Yea they do. I don't care if you're doing a +2 or +12, if you leave strictly because things aren't going well enough by your own standards, then you're a dickhead.
    I didn't sign anywhere that I'm going to keep running even after healer/tank/dps fails. It's a waste of my time doing a run with idiots/people who don't know how to play/didn't read tactics.

Whenever I join the group, I'm asking leader if it's gonna be timed, if we're focusing on maximum performance or if it's going to be a chill run.

I wouldn't call myself a dickhead for expecting people to do their job properly, if they suck at it I have fully right to leave the dungeon without any word. That happens when I play on my main(when group expect me to be good >=15 keys, then I also expect them to be the same, simple as that) and you know how many times I left? Zero. Why? Because I check out the people that I'm going to do the dungeons with. But I would certainly leave if I notice that someone fails constantly. You know how many time that happened? Yeah, you guessed right - zero. Because I have standards, I don't PUG with totally random people expecting them to carry me or expecting me to carry them. Everyone in the group should pull their weight and if they don't then should be kicked out.

Whenever I do that on my alt? I just do +10, no matter if I do it in time or not.

Unfortunately, blacklisting people via ignoring leavers doesn't seem to be a widespread thing and, let's be frank here, with cross-realm interaction it is rather pointless.
    As I wrote above. M+ system is perfect and it shouldn't be changed. Sometimes people leave and that's fine. That's the risk of PUGs and if someone cannot take that risk then they should stick to LFR/random BGs.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-12-23 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    So if i would need to leave due to a emergency / my isp fails on me or anything else, would the game be able to tell?

So lets say i did 5 m+ runs and just do 1 final one and something of the above happens?

I lose my weekly chest and my m+ key because something out of my control happened?

Really, it just is a game down the line. Mistakes are made and bad players are around even in high m+.
    Suggesting such a punishment is just really ignorant and i doubt you did even think about it in any shape or form.
    It is harsh, sure, and should be toned a bit. No matter what though, for penalties there are always going to be exceptional / unfortunate cases. The other solution is to refund the key for the remaining group and allow them to fully reset, but as stated already, this is exploitable.

In other news, I shouldnt be surprised in the slightest that key bailers in this thread who expect perfection feel that its the other 4 in the group who want the carry.

Delusion at its finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason to "bail out", since you still get a reward at the end. Blizzard did everything they could to make players stick to the run. But community made raiderio which penalizes pugs for running keys under certain time, so that's an extra reason to "bail out" of a run
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    LOL - three seconds of effort is too much hassle
    it's not so much about the absolute amount of time it takes, it's about the 90% of the time when you get the popup or w/e that someone left your group, you would end up clicking "it's okay" instead of "penalize".

and that's pretty much the case no matter how you would set such a system up. for people who do enough m+ to run into this system more than once a month, it'll be a annoyance rather than a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    There is no reason to "bail out", since you still get a reward at the end. Blizzard did everything they could to make players stick to the run. But community made raiderio which penalizes pugs for running keys under certain time, so that's an extra reason to "bail out" of a run
    I'm not going to stay in a run for hours just because the others have no clue how to play and pay thousands of gold in repairs.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, there should not be a penalty. There are too many situations where bailing is the reasonable option.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Demon View Post
    Ok? I'll just go afk in the dungeon then instead of leaving.
    Or you could just not be a shitter and do the dungeons you sign up for. Shocking I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    No, there should not be a penalty. There are too many situations where bailing is the reasonable option.
    Name 3 that don't include you needing to leave your Computer IRL.

If you voluntarily leave a M+ group once the key is started you should be locked out of M+ for the rest of the week, and receive no weekly reward chest next week.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Name 3 that don't include you needing to leave your Computer IRL.
    1. A tank that goes afk because he's unhappy with the dps.
    2. Any one person DC'ing for an extended period of time during a run.
    3. And the reason why I posted here in the first place: finding out two of the dps payed the tank for a carry and neither of them are able to break 8k dps. This happened to me just before I made the post that you quoted in a +10 underrot with Tyrannical as one of the affixes. What a fucking nightmare.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    I say a good punishment system would be nice.

Implement an abandonment vote with several conditions like - A run just has begun and no more than X deaths, than you can reset the key and abandon the dungeon. Over several wipes or timer, the abandoned dungeon is a failed one and the key downgrades.

Anyone leaving before that without going through the vote gets progressive penalization. I hear there were 2 year bans going in some game for dropping out of an ongoing session. Sentence was later reduced to a less punishing one but if something akin was implemented in many more games it would force an attitude change for oh-so-many people.

Yes it should.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Great, I'll go to the store and have someone else leave before me then.
    In that case you will be flagged afk and after a minute kicked out of party with a resulting punishment. I mean Overwatch already does have an afk kick system, something similar would work just fine in WoW. But regardless of the case it is still better than simply having people leave at the last second without giving a reason.

For complete witch hunt, we could also have these players flagged with a differently colored player names so others can see that it is a possible flight risk. The name goes back to the normal color with successfully complete runs etc.

There are many possibilities for ban systems and It'd be nice if blizz was already considering anything remotely like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Raider.io is the problem, people leave because they don't want to tarnish their sacred R.io score.
    Nothin lowers your score when you finish a dungeon not in time, but nice strawman.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You haven't really thought that through.

People leave groups because THE GROUP SUCKS. At no point should you be forced to carry people you don't want to.

If they plan to implement any system penalizing leavers they should first implement a system where we can see peoples performance before we join or invite them. So you don't end up with people who can't move out of aoes, who doesn't know how bursting works, who can't handle bolstering.

Only people who want to be carried cries about leavers. I've had a total of 2 leavers this season. Why? Because I'm not a shit player. Meanwhile a friend has had close to 50% leaver rate. Why? Because he can't play a lot of the affixes or dungeons and complains people take too much damage and they wipe because he can't heal it and then people leave.
    prime example of the delusion I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zythyx View Post
    Yes.

Blizzard should make a button on the UI to fail a run. Once used, if 4 out of 5 players (80%) consider it a failed run, the key is depleted and the dungeon is reset back to the beginning.

If anyone leaves without failing the run, they should get a M+ debuff which prevents the starting of an M+ within 1 hour (maybe 30 minutes?). If anyone is grouped with this debuff, the run cannot start until it expires, or the affected party member is removed from the group

If anyone leaves a group, the group is automatically presented with a failed run options. If the remaining players consider the run as failed, then the key is not depleted, but the run gets reset.
    So we're back to trolling people to leave in order to reset keys if it doesn't go their way, nice.

No. M+is already a joke that throws gear at you for not even timing keys. You need to have some of the frustrations such as leavers and key depletions in it to balance out the fact it gives you up to mythic level loot that's too good and easy to get.

I would rather blizzard fix some o the super tight dungeons like KR, even after those recent PTR nerfs, if you happen to wipe once, you are already in danger to deplete with pugs.
    Of course nobody wants to stick with a group that lost the chance to time a key 5 minutes into a key.

The main issue is Raider.IO

The second issue is that people are too uneducated to realize how their score is made.

If you don't do a key in time, it does not affect your score. If you start a key and someone bails on you and you can't complete, it does not effect your score. Only thing that effects your score is if you do a key of higher level, or if you do a key at equal level but +2 or +3 it vs just a +1. Yes if someone wanted to drill down and look at the dungeon you are running and how many times you have ran it, they would see how many times you failed said dungeon. However we have already established people's stupidity, and 99% of groups look at your total score and nothing else.

People leave groups because THE GROUP SUCKS. At no point should you be forced to carry people you don't want to.
    Yep, that's the main reason I leave groups. I won't sit around in a dungeon because people can't play. I'm done with people not knowing how to play, I've got 2200ish score on raider.io and I'm only doing 10s currently until the new season starts. I have no patience for people fucking up this late into the expansion in 10+ keys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barbalion View Post
    The main issue is Raider.IO
    It's not an issue at all.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-12-26 at 05:32 AM.