Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bakibuki View Post
    My dear friend I perfectly get that you like many others dint understand the simple point that at the end of the day, people quitting classic its a bigger problem to you, than it is for me ^^. Less players --> less interest from blizzard into classic. The less interest over classic, the less chances over "Classic+" and WoW in general.

The changes I suggest are NOT and have NOTHING to do with a class balance. They ONLY have to do with a x100 better GAME for 90% of the players. Hard to understand ? XD

The goal of classic it's NOT to let the players who used to enjoy Classic, to have it back exactly how it was, this players got 0 relevance. People used to play on private servers because they enjoyed more classic overall, which is what is clear today, tons people prefer older expansions for many reasons.

What is for SURE its that NONE likes this system and this stupidity on the QUE. Not only the players who can't lose their life in WoW, more importantly even the people DOING it don't like it, so whats the damn point to kill the game for everyone in order to stick to the issues of the past.

To the people who will say "yeyeye we asked for classic, and we got it here, we got 0 relevance? lololololol go back to fortnight kid!" Ill simply answer that, NONE of you, or even 99% of you did play on classic servers because you wanted to grind AV 15h/day, you did it for all the reasons why me as a normal wow player, started to enjoy classic itself, and for SURE its not for this damn system that is simply pushing many people other than me to play less and less and less.
    People are saying "you asked for classic, that's what you get" because any change made outside of the "true" classic opens the floodgates for other changes. I can almost guarantee you that if you get your changes, there will be changes in the future that you will hate and disagree with.

the fun fact its that NONE of you, NONE even said "no, its good like that because I LOVE IT and its simply PERFECT", guess what, you didn't because the 0.0001% of the players who like it, are on AV right now, and they still got another 4-5h of farming before being able to check this forum. But even if you DONT like it, you don't strive to say "well tbh yeah, that actually should be fixed in some way, would make the game better without ruining the core of classic, which is SOCIAL INTERACTION, LOTS OF GRIND, UNBALANCED CLASSES and so on but SURELY not 20h/day AV or que into premades 24/7".
    This isn't as much of a "gotcha" as you think it is. No one is arguing about the quality of the changes you proposed, because they will not happen regardless if they are good or not.

Slight Off-Topic: What's with the cringe caps lock? People are responding to you in good faith and you are talking back like a 12 year old.

I'm a player who since classic released I used to play around 2-5h almost everyday. I did my levelling, I did my raids, my gold farming, my world pvp and my overall grinding to get everything in spot to keep enjoying the game. I was excited about how Classic was looking. Sadly now I'm not, and I thought about sharing my opinions on what should be done urgently in game to make it way better for "casual" players like me and don't lose me as a player.

1. BGS
    - make premades to meet only premades. Specially in WSG. Its soo frustrating and disappointing to wait 8-18 mins of que, to than meet an enemy team who has absolutely 99.9% chances on winning. BGS got a factor of RNG, but thats way too much. Basically meeting premades all the time, at any damn time of the day, made me quit almost. And NO, don't tell me I shall simply make a premade myself, because it's NOT FUNNY winning destroying pugs. I get 0 satisfaction from doing that.

- Thats not required, but would be cool to have a sort of comp while you try to que, like making sure each team has the same amount of healers, or minimum 2. (basically the concept is the same, but less important, try to make the game less RNG as possible when it gets into losing 30 minutes of our lives into something that is just a big announced and frustrating loss).

2. PVP Rank System
    - Yeah, I have been told about the "haha r14 is impossible lololoolollll", I totally agree with that right now. I'm not a classic player so I don't know what will happen, however I know 1 thing, way too many players are getting frustrated because doing bgs today has absolutely 0 sense. 0. 0 relevant rewards. 0 feeling of progress. I'm joining bgs just to have some fun, do some duels and log off, if the system would reward me for winning like a normal player I would play way more and enjoy it a lot more. The WORST part is that NONE of the crazy grinders that play 14h / day AV, are even enjoying it. None likes this system made exception probably for the 0.1% of the players, which is damaging the other 99.9%.

If any fix is coming soon about that, my request is, fix it NOW... don't make us wait 2-4-10 months for that. It's needed NOW.

3. World PVP
    - Give x2/x3 more honour reward if someone does world pvp. Give people an actual reason to keep doing SOME of it instead of JUST spamming bgs. It was kinda fun and its worth to give something relevant to people who are still doing it to keep doing it instead of falling too much behind and having 0 fun.

In short, this IS what should be done in my opinion to keep players interested on it. Classic shouldn't be a 0 fun fiesta just because it WAS LIKE THIS before. None cares. Or at least, 90% players don't care. This 10% shouldn't damage the experience of the other 90%. For the ones that will critique me here on this forum, think about 1 thing, is it better to slowly get classic to 1/10 of its current players to "keep the game how it was before"? I guess we all like the fact classic its active, but for me the current state made me to pass from playing as I said 2-4h/day to 5-7h/week. If this will be the trend, ill play less and less and less till ill simply quit.

Probably none will read this, soz for my eng
    haha

Not a single one of those needs fixed, nor will they fix any of them. The system is fine the way it is. Don't like it? Don't play it. Very simple.

the fun fact its that NONE of you, NONE even said "no, its good like that because I LOVE IT and its simply PERFECT", guess what, you didn't because the 0.0001% of the players who like it, are on AV right now, and they still got another 4-5h of farming before being able to check this forum. But even if you DONT like it, you don't strive to say "well tbh yeah, that actually should be fixed in some way, would make the game better without ruining the core of classic, which is SOCIAL INTERACTION, LOTS OF GRIND, UNBALANCED CLASSES and so on but SURELY not 20h/day AV or que into premades 24/7".
    You are attempting to oversimplify the situation to ensure there is only one response - that everyone agrees with you. Here is an equivalent argument to yours:

"i believe wow should have no sub, and the box price should be reduced" followed up with "see look, none of you, NONE even said they wouldnt prefer it to be free"

This is how weak your argument is

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Sooooo, what im reading is... Boo hoo, me millenial, me want instant gratifcation. Me want to feel rewarded for something as soon as i do it. Me dont like wait for rewards.. WAHHH WAHHHH.

Listen bud, those of us that pushed for a legit classic server all of these years.... pushed for the server that is out. This is what WE wanted. If you want to play live, play live, but if you want the actual classic experience, which this is, then play classic. Stop cyring and buck up buttercup.
    Ok Boomer, most millenials who got into WoW were there for actual Vanilla, get your generations straight

15+ Year Old Account
    Instant gratification? Instant reward? LOL, I wasn't complaining with the world pvp , I used to play 4-5h / day of world pvp and I did place 300 on my server, it was PERFECTLY fine. I played 2 months to end on rank 6 with 0 rewards. You are talking about instant gratification??? playing 1-2 months knowing it might take another 2-3 months to gain eventually a cool peace of gear its instant gratifications?? 5 months of wow 4-5h /day? LOL at you and at who doesn't understand a simple point.

I'm complaining about the fact people here even mention the "instant gratification" when im complaining about the "impossible never coming gratification that will make 99% players give up and make the player base to decrease like crazy".

You guys are just stubborn and you really want to see classic with 1/10 of its current players ^^ but HEY at least its like the original version when they didn't intent anything. They simply sow how the game was reacting and realised they didn't think about certain things before and fixed them after. people used to play wow before because 15 years ago an MMORPG like this was by itself AMAZING. The game could have sucked even more than how it was, and STILL it would have been amazing. But time change, and some adaptations are needed if you want Blizzard to win, and not some crazy nerd who can't even think and realise the big picture of keeping WOW alive thanks to classic's REAL CORE points why people LIKE it for real compared to retail as a different game itself.

(and YES I perfectly agree classic MUST be different than retail, it IS totally different, want me to make you list and show you that this crazy things im complaining about have 0 place on why people like classic?).
    Let me repost my reply to you because you either didn't read it, don't believe it, or dismissed it entirely. Not sure which one applies there.

Classic shouldn't be the BAD version of. the game, and we shouldn't just go retail or quit, because retail its NOT classic for MANY reasons. 1 of this for example, which its pretty OBVIOUS its that BGS have 0 meaning, instead they are the CORE of classic end game. Why? Because people do the content that gives them REWARDS and a feeling of PROGRESS. Why not making this feeling better and possible for 99.9% players?
    That's just the thing though. What you're seeing in Classic is literally what playing vanilla WoW was like. BTW people didn't do BGs as "end game" unless they were only going for r14. People did BGs for fun and to get away from the endless dungeon spam for gear that was better than raid gear (yes there were plenty of dungeon blues that were better than raid gear in vanilla) or when they weren't farming herbs, ores, cloth, or leathers for crafting, or farming cloth for turn ins for rep to get the riding skill of other factions once the quartermasters were added to the game. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you DIDN'T play vanilla because all of your complaints about Classic are core to the vanilla experience.

LAST thing and I won't write again, the r14 shouldn't be the IMPOSSIBLE thing, why? ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. FOR NONE. the guys that are doing it, have 0 fun doing it. Change the system, I could think about something way better just in 10 minutes, and YOU guys should aim the same, for keeping classic alive cos classic didn't bring JUST the old game back to life, it brought WOW back to life because it was different in some CORE parts that until now didn't bother as much as the things I mentioned that just came up with the BGS and so on. As simple as that.
    First of all the word is FUN not FUNNY. Funny is something that is comical while FUN is something you enjoy. Secondly if you think that people who farmed for 12+ hours a day for weeks on end to get r14 were having fun, well I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. They did that because it was a challenge that not everyone was up for. There were plenty of people who account shared that the account was logged in 24/7 for several weeks being played by 2-4 people just to get that one character to r14. Does that sound like something that was FUN to you? Getting to r14 was literally a job you did instead of working IRL at a job. it required dedication and commitment. If you don't have that dedication and commitment now, don't try to demand Blizzard nerf the game to cater to your casual playstyle demands. I'm proud of the fact I got to r8 which is Legionnaire during vanilla (was hoping to get r10 to complete my blue set of pvp gear but that didn't happen). I raided in one of the best guilds on my server back then (got 3 KT kills in before BC hit) yet I still had time to casually play some PvP in my spare time. I didn't bitch to Blizzard back in vanilla that the grind to r14 was too difficult. I knew it took dedication and commitment to do it. I didn't demand they change things either. You, on the other hand, being the millennial/entitled person you are are demanding the game cater to your needs instead of playing the game as it was back then..........

I'm mostly team "no change" but I agree with this.

Changes like this don't really do anything other than fix problems with the game created by 2019 players that didn't actually exist in the original version as premades were rare and most players were clueless about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    I'm mostly team "no change" but I agree with this.

Changes like this don't really do anything other than fix problems with the game created by 2019 players that didn't actually exist in the original version as premades were rare and most players were clueless about the game.
    You might have been clueless, but if you google forums etc from 2005-2006, none of this is new at all. It is just far more publicized now, but i dont believe it is any more common. This "its a problem created by 2019 players" is an absolute cop-out as well, As making changes to fit 2019 goes against everything the classic community claimed they wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    There needs to be a mega thread for Classic complaints, like the have in pol for trump and brexit.
    We had one once. No one would use it so it died.

OP may not realize what the whole purpose and meta of Classic is supposed to be. If there are any changes going to be made--I think it's possible someday, certainly not now--it won't be until after everything is out and the game has cooked for a year or so after that.

The very last word that applies to anything about Classic is "urgent."
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-12-24 at 07:47 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

People wanted classic. They got classic. This isn't "New and improved classic now with great quality of life features!" It's classic WoW. For years we got to listen to players talk about how glorious classic was, and now I see a whole ton of threads of people suggesting how to make classic WoW servers better by making it not classic WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Strokes View Post
    For years we got to listen to players talk about how glorious classic was, and now I see a whole ton of threads of people suggesting how to make classic WoW servers better by making it not classic WoW.
    J. Allen Brack was righter than he knew. Still and all I'm glad that Classic has been a big success for them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    We had one once. No one would use it so it died.

OP may not realize what the whole purpose and meta of Classic is supposed to be. If there are any changes going to be made--I think it's possible someday, certainly not now--it won't be until after everything is out and the game has cooked for a year or so after that.

The very last word that applies to anything about Classic is "urgent."
    Gotta make the thread name catchy. The best mega threads have a name the fires up both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Different Strokes View Post
    People wanted classic. They got classic. This isn't "New and improved classic now with great quality of life features!" It's classic WoW. For years we got to listen to players talk about how glorious classic was, and now I see a whole ton of threads of people suggesting how to make classic WoW servers better by making it not classic WoW.
    How do you think wow:vanilla became wow:bfa?
    If vanilla was so perfect as the nostalgia crowd proclaimed it wouldn't hae had the complaint feedback that lead to the changes over the years that got us to retail. I don't think people truly belive blizz made the changes for shits and giggles.

Problem with that is we all probly hae versions of the game that were closest to our sweet spots. Vanilla is one, but I imagine many that played and are possibly still playing classic have a sweet spot of tbc, wotlk as there preferred version,henve the complaints.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-12-24 at 10:52 AM.

Seems classic isn’t for you then. It’s a museum not a game mode. No core aspects good or bad are being changed. You’ll get the next vanilla raids released that’s it. Live with it or leave.

I feel rewarded when i reach new ranks.. so i PvP during the week in order to get a new rank on weekly reset. I'm very much looking forward to the bloodguard (Rank 6) and General (rank 10) gear.

Same as how i feel rewarded from the weekly chest in BFA, (I'm just lucky with drops from it, and it's not chest of disapointments for me)

The sad part is that NONE managed to say anything relevant so far.
    Wrong, they said the only Relevant thing that does matter:
    "Classic is Classic"
    Basically all the quotes I had here, are about the fact classic IS BAD and it MUST BE BAD ^^.
    Its not that: "Vanilla was Bad, so its supposed to be bad", but rather:
    Players: "We want Vanilla as it was"
    Blizzard: "Okey, you get Vanilla as it was, no QoL Change, no Changes to systems, exactly how it was, with maybe a bugfix or two"

That was the deal, so crying about how Meta Players and MinMaxer are destroying your fun doesnt get you anywhere.

PVP espescially was never ever in any "Actual Good Place", there were some Ups and Downs, but no system was overall "Good". If you actually want to play PVP you might want to consider to actually play a PVP focused game. (In my Opinion, based on observation)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always find these types of threads interesting, people wanting this and that changes to a 15 year old version of the game.. The adage "you say you want vanilla but you don't", applies very well to this thread.. Because like it or lump it you got what you wanted so deal with it, can't deal with it then retail is that way.. ->

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    you know what else was not vanilla?

Starting with 15 year knowledge
    having updated itemization ready at launch
    99% of all pvpers running arround with engineering destroying pretty much any possible fun
    People on this very forum called for 1.12, including all of the countless private server players, so what's the problem now? Are you now surprised, that 1.12 includes update items, better talents, and the rush version of AV?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla PvP is not for casuals...
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    So James who can only play maybe 3-4 Hours per Week is not allowed to participate in PVP Actions ?

Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    Most wrong thing I've read all day.

Just afk bot random BG's and do pre mades, there's no competitive element in wow pvp till tbc with Arena rbg Spam for ranks Was the most casual wow pvp has ever been

I'm not a classic player
    Then what the fuck are you talking about??

First of all, all your points are about PVP. So letme tell you this: in this version of the game, pvp is an afterthought. The imbalance between specs makes the whole thing completely broken, and you suggest things to solve problems without solving the biggest issue about it. Bandaid over cancer.....