Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I actually like giving my LF the angle of a vindictive crusader.

They don't care for anything the light doesn't touch due to their own prejudices. That includes other Draenei who swore themselves to the 'wrong' entity/power.
    That must lead to some awkward roleplay at times. My draenei monk for example still keeps the light close to him but he focuses on spiritual training more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Like I was saying, becoming an undead does not equal being cut off from the Light. Zeliak could use it. The Risen could still use it no problem. It's not like the Red Mist the orcs used where it's "Bam! You're infected and now you're dead to the Light!"
    I suppose, I was more thinking of how the light effects those close to it in their undead state. We were originally told it burns them, however like to say with characters like zeliak and Carlia using the light without issue it really falls more on blizzard to explain why these undead don't burn up from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I suppose, I was more thinking of how the light effects those close to it in their undead state. We were originally told it burns them, however like to say with characters like zeliak and Carlia using the light without issue it really falls more on blizzard to explain why these undead don't burn up from it.
    The Light hurts undead like the Forsaken because it tries to heal them, not recognizing that their decaying and rotting state is now their "natural" state (for want of a better term). Closeness to the Light allows them to feel their dead flesh, the grave-worms and maggots occupying their forms, the desiccation of their viscera. It comes into conflict with the Shadow/Death energies that animate them, an opposition that the being feels as searing and burning pain. Calia (and to lesser extent Zeliek) are different types of beings, though; and Calia herself is shown to be mystically preserved and incorrupt despite having been dead for days. The Light here is literally preserving Calia's corpse and staving off the normal processes of rot and decay, keeping her at the cusp of death but not allowing her to cross over into putrefaction. Zeliek too, as a Death Knight, has been fortified and enhanced by powerful Necromancy - and while wielding the Light might indeed still be painful to him due to his Necromantic nature, he doesn't have the issue of being a wrecked corpse.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Mouse and Keyboard

5+ Year Old Account
    That must lead to some awkward roleplay at times. My draenei monk for example still keeps the light close to him but he focuses on spiritual training more.
    Not too much. I don't like forcing negative experiences on other players, so I only show it in degrees when approached. It also isn't all or nothing.
    Non-light class, but light connection? You're lost, but reaching in the right direction.
    Non-light class period? You're just ignorant to superior ways and should at least be made aware of a better path.
    Dark class? You're scum and you'll get what's coming to you.
    Void-related class/race? If you weren't sharing a blue banner, there would be consequences for even existing.

Aggression scales w/ the level of interaction. I don't feel most draenei (even LF) are generally openly hostile, so it works out.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't play them. draenei are icky light bulb worshipping harlots.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I don't really roleplay but I do sometimes come up with backgrounds for my chars. Like my lightforged war is the brother of my Draenei war.

I would assume most Lightforged that follow Turalyon would have heard of the Xe'ra incident and haven't tried to kill Alleria so they are likely less fanatical then some people think. Any true zealots would likely split off.

- - - Updated - - -

For Zeliak, it probably did but he ignored it. Calia is a completely different breed of undead, though.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Curious about people's ways of playing these. With regular draenei I approached them with much less of a light worshipping angle since they are shamans and monks and hunters and just play them either jovial or stern and serious.

For my light forged paladin, I gave some added exception by making him mute, that something happened to him in the light forge draeneis fight against the legion that caused him to lose his voice, so play up the emotes and gestures more, also because he can't speak to or about the light he can only think silent gestures which gets answered in battle.

I get the impression from seeing some playing them they either take it more as just playing another regular draenei, or going the light bound draenei of AU draenor angle of pushing extreme light fanaticism
    They are somewhere between less pacifist draenei and fanatical zealots who make fluffy euphemisms about torturing people to convert them to the light.

I wonder if Yrel appeared in the main universe if the Lightforged would be conflicted in whether to follow her or continue to follow Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I wonder if Yrel appeared in the main universe if the Lightforged would be conflicted in whether to follow her or continue to follow Turalyon.
    Scary thought. The lightforged are already quite a bit more militant than the draenei we've known since BC. Some of the quotes from one of the Blademaster lady in Krokuun sounded like they could be transplanted directly to an evil raid boss and still right in.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Scary thought. The lightforged are already quite a bit more militant than the draenei we've known since BC. Some of the quotes from one of the Blademaster lady in Krokuun sounded like they could be transplanted directly to an evil raid boss and still right in.
    Which is what makes them so interesting to me. They're like a sleeper threat. Through a common enemy, they found unlikely allies in The Alliance, and through convenience, a temporary home, but given their background and beliefs, I don't think they wan to make it their permanent home, or adopted the Alliance's less... devoted beliefs, and diversity. It will be interesting to see when Blizzard chooses to introduce Yrel to the universe what effect it will have on the Lightforged. Hell, if the Scarlet Crusade were still alive, they would fit right in with her zealotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Yeah, Lightforged DK is a strange one. I'm guessing the process would have to remove the Light from you, or you'd just be in constant pain, with the Light burning inside your unholy flesh the entire day. Same way a Paladin being raised as a DK is no longer a vessel for the Light.

As for their mind-set. Assuming they don't hurl themselves off of the nearest cliff, I guess accepting the Lich King's word that there is indeed a new big threat incoming that you are called to face, is gonna have to do it. Not like the Lightforged are new to being reforged and assigned some grand task against great odds. That's kind of been their way of life for many thousands of years. Heck, some may even relish the chance for a new destiny to face, now that their path of ending the Legion is past. The Lightforged may be some of the best equipped people to deal with the upcoming threats and diving into the alien world beyond the veil of death.

In my opinion, of course.
    This is exactly why giving DK's to all of the Allied Races was such a stupid move. Blizzard really didn't think through some of this stuff. And also, Dark Iron DK's look completely ridiculous, with their burning beards but icy glowing eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Which is what makes them so interesting to me. They're like a sleeper threat. Through a common enemy, they found unlikely allies in The Alliance, and through convenience, a temporary home, but given their background and beliefs, I don't think they wan to make it their permanent home, or adopted the Alliance's less... devoted beliefs, and diversity. It will be interesting to see when Blizzard chooses to introduce Yrel to the universe what effect it will have on the Lightforged. Hell, if the Scarlet Crusade were still alive, they would fit right in with her zealotry.
    Exactly. When I saw the Lightbound I got major Scarlet Crusade vibes from them. Sadly, unlike the Crusade, the Lightbound won their war. To add another level of chill, one of the orcs in the recruitment campaign said that overzealoud use of the Light was dessicating and drying out their world.

Exactly. When I saw the Lightbound I got major Scarlet Crusade vibes from them. Sadly, unlike the Crusade, the Lightbound won their war. To add another level of chill, one of the orcs in the recruitment campaign said that overzealoud use of the Light was dessicating and drying out their world.
    Interesting indeed, and establishes The Light as just another cosmic force on a six sided dice, which I prefer, rather than the God/incorruptible force allegory that it was when first introduced.