Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    about 3 years i think

15 months old, it replaced about a 5 year old computer.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

Mine is over 7 still rocking my 3570k and 670 but not for too much longer kinda waiting for the later part of next year to upgrade since I don’t have any major games I’m waiting on.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Title is self-explanatory. How old is the computer you're using right now?
    5 year old laptop . Runs wow perfeckly well on +/- 5 settings and i dont really need more.

wont be changing it for minimum next 3+ years as i dont play other games and for work/series its more then enough.

i do think about buying additonal 16 gb ram since i have extra free slot that i didnt really need but probably can use when Shadowlands land.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-12-26 at 10:40 AM.

5.5 year old Dell laptop.i lost the Ctrl key on my keyboard, but it didn't affect my work at all.

The last 10+ years did not much for CPU's (CPU-Z SINGLE THREAD )

The ~5y old range is a pretty sweet spot for medium/high-end computers, since upgrades for WoW are not really worth it, because the CPU-ST performance did not changed much.
    -

About 4-5 months for most of it, the HDD and the GPU are older.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

PC is 12 years old. Have upgraded everything over the years multiple times though, but never everything at once. A real Ship of Theseus. Only the power cord is still original.

Currently Core i7 8700k, 1080ti, 16gb ram, etc. Should last me a while before I need to upgrade parts again.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    August 2012 roughly so 7 years apparently.

i7 3770k, 16 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD/2 TB HDD and NVidia GTX 670. Swapped the 128 GB SSD for a 500 GB SSD at some point when prices dropped a little but no upgrades since. Peripherals wise Samsung 22' TV, Razer Naga/Vespula and Steelseries Merc Stealth and a Razer Kraken Headset. Kraken is number two as my first snapped after about 5/6 years, Vespula/TV/Merc Stealth are older than the PC and this is my third Naga but the middle mouse button is gone.

I've been wanting to upgrade for a while but space, money and other priorities set me back. Right now I really want to replace my TV, it's around 10 years old with a decent quality monitor, I've been looking at a BenQ 27' 4K Monitor and getting a 32' TV of some sort besides it for a second Monitor/TV/Consoles. I bought a spare Naga a while back so I may swap to a new one and there's a new Vespula I may pick up.

In terms of Headsets I don't really love my Kraken anymore and I've been looking at a HyperX Cloud II. I really do love my Merc Stealth Keyboard but haven't seen anything like it since with the additional keys on left side. If and when it does break I have a Razer Deathstalker that I got on a 90% discount many years ago.

With regards to the system itself, I want a fresh start but don't expect to do that any time soon. I want to swap out the GTX 670 for something much better now after 7 years but I think that's all for now.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

i5 6600k
    16gb ddr4
    SSD's
    etc....

2016 with a 1070ti i added in early 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half of it is less than half of year old. The rest is 2-3 years old depending on the part.

It's a mishmash of parts from my first computer I made it 2011, the 4670k I bought in 2014 and RX 470 I got like last year I think. I also bought an SSD in 2016 I think.

13 or so months.

Ryzen 5 2600 OCd to 4 GHz.
    OCd 1070 TI
    16 Gigs Ram

Not bad.

6 years old, and I think he will live some more years

Built it three and a half years ago. Overall cost about $2200, and so far the only replacement i've made was the processor about a year ago. I don't see myself making any other changes for at least two more years. I can still play any game on max settings and get 60 fps on 2k res.

Btw, i still have my old i5 6600k. If anyone wants it(US only), pm me.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2019-12-27 at 06:50 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you mean, since I think I’m technically still using a hardrive from 2005 and the case is from 2010ish
    Every 2 years or so I take out the mobo/cpu and replace the components but it’s still has afew pieces from early builds

i7 960 on a Sabertooth mobo (x58 from a decade ago)
    Megahalems heatsink (the decepticon behemoth)

Everything else has been replaced over the years. Just recently threw in a 2080 ti and a larger ssd.

I’ve entertained the thought of upgrading but it’s hard to justify when the cpu isn’t limiting anything for me atm.

The oldest major part in my computer is the cpu and mobo. I have a intel 4770k that I bought late 2013. My nvidia 1080 gpu is from 2017 when my nvidia 670 died. The oldest part counting everything is the powercable. It's 25+ years old and is from my first computer that I got secondhand in the early 2000s. I keep it mostly because I had it for so long...

The main parts (CPU, MB, RAM, SSD) are from 2012, HDD is probably older. GPU is from 2015 I think... oh, and I have a laptop from 2011. I used to upgrade more often but I haven't really had the cash for it, and haven't needed to either, as it still runs everything I want.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bought in early 2016:

i5 6600k / mobo
    16 gb ram
    Upgrade to ssd storage etc.
    Updated the gpu from a 960 to a 1060 6gb just before rtx did hit the stores, found one for a great price and it really is overkill for my needs. (Mostly wow)

Will replace it begin 2020 with a ryzen 3700x and some better ssds.

My gaming needs havent changed, but the other tasks have.
    Rendering / photo editing is currently pushing my system a lot, although it can be done.

Just cant wait till make the change. And since i run a cpu heavy rendering program the gpu will maintain in service