How are you going to celebrate new year?

Sadly, I'll likely be spending mine in the hospital.

With family and friends. xD

hospitals don't close. so I'll be working
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    @Heran Good luck and get well soon!

If my visa renewal doesn't become collateral damage in the trade war, I'd like to have a quiet evening at home to shake off the stress. If something gets screwed up, I may be making an emergency flight out to Mongolia. Visiting Mongolia is on my list of things I'd like to do, but I'd prefer for it to be an organized trip for leisure instead of an "oh, snap" panic move. :P [No, it wasn't that I waited until the last minute, I started pushing my department to get on this back in September.]

With the solar calendar's New Year up in the air, I'm probably going to be doing more for Spring Festival (Chinese New Year). I'll be turning 60 about that time and that may be enough of a reason to celebrate (I was supposed to have kicked the bucket before I hit 50) to get me to cope with Spring Festival travel. I have a friend that owns a hotel in the grasslands of Inner Mongolia (Hulunbuir), and I've got a standing invitation to visit her. It is something I've been looking forward to since I was in the hospital last year, but I had to put my cat up for adoption because of the visa uncertainty and that makes it a bit easier to take an extended trip.

With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

^ I cannot express how much I love floofy camels.

On topic: With my family, same as always. If the weather gives us a clear, starry night, we'll go downtown to watch the big fireworks show. But alas, New Year's Eve in this city tends to be cloudy, and yes, with a chance of meatballs coz Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    @Heran Good luck and get well soon!
    I am working in the hospital as a nurse. I'm not a patient.

Would rather have time off for celebrations but I have to work.
    Last edited by Heran; 2019-12-29 at 02:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    More then likely sitting with my sisters dogs she has to work that night and her dogs dont like fireworks so i will stay with them to keep them calm.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely in the hospital. Going there tomorrow, not sure when getting out.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Just chilling with my husband on the eve, having the parents over for dinner on the day.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same as I have the past several decades. Kiss my wife Happy New year! Then go to bed shortly afterwards.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

self-scourging for the amount of sin i willing engaged in throughout the year in hopes that bloodshed will cleanse me when the clock strikes 12.

With some friends like most years.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Same way as about last decade. I will buy bottle of certain alcohol. Its very expensive. I will drink that and sit watch from my window for the fireworks. I live high enough and there is a small lake in not too far, so I can see VERY far since there are no buildings or trees or anything blocking sight. If there is no fog or something, I can see all the way into horizon. Means I can see practically all the fireworks within many kilometers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Same way as about last decade. I will buy bottle of certain alcohol. Its very expensive. I will drink that and sit watch from my window for the fireworks. I live high enough and there is a small lake in not too far, so I can see VERY far since there are no buildings or trees or anything blocking sight. If there is no fog or something, I can see all the way into horizon. Means I can see practically all the fireworks within many kilometers.
    You have to be Finnish.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You have to be Finnish.
    You are right.

i'll be playing wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Work. I get to close New Years eve and open-close New Years Day

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, looks like I'll be around. I celebrated and let myself buy beef for the first time in 3-5 years. Pork has more than doubled in price since last year, a really nice cut is running 38 RMB/500 grams. The beef I got today wasn't bad, but it was a fairly ordinary cut and still ran 48 RMB/500 grams. Normally I only buy beef from Xinjiang butchers, but since the big markets have all closed I've lost track of the ones I used to buy from. The local mom and pop place have been reliable though -- I see they're carrying Xinjiang style flat bread, so they may have contacts and enough turnover to make it worth their time to do it right. I'm even going to live life on the edge and have fresh peas! [I'm only now starting to be able to eat vegetables again.] Drat! The markets closing means I won't be able to get my favorite Chinese or Mongolian spirits!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I'll be treating myself to some nice food and a bit of champagne. 2020 is a pretty big milestone, being the start of a new decade and all. My tradition is to ring my mother at midnight and chat to her for a bit over the phone. Depending on the weather I might go to the beach at midnight with a friend. I like going at night to see if anything interesting washed up.

With my girlfriend and her kid, just eating nice and chill.
    Do you hear the voices too?