Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    You can leave them open. Chances are after the first time the kid walks in they'll be to traumatized to do it again. Seeing mom rail dad with a large pink strap on could destroy any kids mind.
    I walked in on my parents having sex when I was a kid... shit messed me up. Never looked at them the same after that.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Closed, especially in winter to keep the warmth in. Summer depends, for beter circulation I tend to keep it open on the hotter nights.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

I keep mine open because of cats. That said, my roommate also has his own room and minds his own business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Thats if it gets colder outside. if 40 is the lowest it goes period he won't have issues with freezing

- - - Updated - - -

science is science. aside from pressure changes water will only freeze at 32/0 or below.
    The reason people say 50 is because indoor temperature is not the same as the temperature behind the walls where the pipes are. Setting it to 40 inside can easily cause it to drop below 32 in pipes behind the wall, especially if it's an exterior wall.

Open for ventilation.

Closed if others are home, open if not. I prefer them open, but I'm a light sleeper so the noise from people walking around will wake me up.

Also we got cats, and I like sleeping with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I keep mine open because of cats. That said, my roommate also has his own room and minds his own business.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason people say 50 is because indoor temperature is not the same as the temperature behind the walls where the pipes are. Setting it to 40 inside can easily cause it to drop below 32 in pipes behind the wall, especially if it's an exterior wall.

Never heard of such a thing. And I have lived in an area where you have to worry about pipes freezing every winter.

In fact everything I understand about heating and insulation says the inside wall temp will be between the temperature inside and outside. There is no way for it to be colder than the colder side.

Sorry for large image... can't find how to resize it.

I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

Slightly closed. I have kids though. So unless I lock the door, it's going to be opened eventually.

Closed obviously. Everyone knows monster tentacles can't wrap around door handles.

Somehow, someway, my cat always makes his way into my bed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Quiet so I don't hear the other people in the house getting up (as they usually do -- before me).

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Open cause of dogs.
    Closed because of daughter. (She likes the hall/bathroom light on and I can't sleep with the light coming through the door)

But we also have a dog, and she can only open the door from outside the room.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

There is blood on the path I walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That’s how you burst pipes. Hope your condo is winterized properly.
    I live in an apartment complex.
    Even it is -10 degrees outside and no heater, the inside is 60 degrees.

Am I stealing heat from my neighbor?

As for the door, I prefer open as long as no noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Never heard of such a thing. And I have lived in an area where you have to worry about pipes freezing every winter.

In fact everything I understand about heating and insulation says the inside wall temp will be between the temperature inside and outside. There is no way for it to be colder than the colder side.

Sorry for large image... can't find how to resize it.

As you said, I guess it depends on what level of insulation is used and the general quality of the building. I know some old buildings around this area are definitely not up to the par of modern structures.

Closed but unlocked. Unlocked because I want other people in the house to be able to get in and wake me if there's some emergency (house on fire or something) but closed so they know not to enter unless it's an emergency like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

Open if its hot (most of the year) and closed if I want to keep the room warm

Closed, my cat is lovely but he will sometimes wake me either to play or just because he sits near my head. Much easier to just let him roam the house while we sleep.

My bedroom door is left open for my cat's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Closed, locked, i move my PC desk infront of the door and face a claymore towards door before i go to bed.
    I also like to sleep with my window open.
    Same but on top of the claymore I have also rigged a shotgun to go off. I too sleep with the window open.
    LOL

♫Toss a coin to your witcher♫

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I think we may be waiting a long time for that to happen. Maybe even forever.

Depends.
    If there is someone else in the house with me, then yes or no depending on the temperature of my room/if there are windows open in the house so I need to let air flow.

If I'm alone in the house, absolutely, 100% that bitch is closed. 1 part for safety concerns (anyone happens to break into my house and I don't hear the entry, at least I have a chance to react when I hear my door open), and 1 part for calming my nerves (get kinda paranoid about the dark, so having the door closed keeps my room a safe space).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Closed. I like my bedroom colder than other rooms, so open door doesn't work.