Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    For what, quoting a review, word for word, that you linked?
    For a great deal of reasons, but mainly for completely missing the point again: Eventhough most people won't even hear it, the wired variant does indeed produce better sound at particular frequencies because - here's the kicker - it's wired. Big surprise.

Ergo, you base your purchase on a list of criteria. Marginal differences in audio quality are meaningless for video games to me; I rather have the perks of mobility and simultaneous bluetooth connectivity.

For my guitar and music in general, audio quality is of utmost importance, which is why I'm content spending thousands of euros on my audio rig, including headphones.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-01-09 at 12:30 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

The reason why typical gaming headsets are inferior in the same price category is simple:
    The headphones or drivers are often bought from traditional headphone manufacturers, rebranded and sold to a much higher price.
    If we take a look at: QPAD QH-1339, they have bought some Beyerdynamic, attached their logo, a boom mic, and more than doubled the price. While the pair itself isn't bad, the price is/was hideous. This is the case with most gaming headsets. With some google you can find the original of most gaming headsets ranging from $100-$200 down to $30-$40 before they rebranded it and attached a microphone.

I like to use InnerFidelity's "Wall of Fame"(easy find on google) when researching headphones. Looking for a wireless pair myself, but not found anything yet.

I’m using Audio Technica ATH-m50x. Best headphones I’ve ever had. Super comfortable and great sound quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    For a great deal of reasons, but mainly for completely missing the point again: Eventhough most people won't even hear it, the wired variant does indeed produce better sound at particular frequencies because - here's the kicker - it's wired. Big surprise.

Ergo, you base your purchase on a list of criteria. Marginal differences in audio quality are meaningless for video games to me; I rather have the perks of mobility and simultaneous bluetooth connectivity.

For my guitar and music in general, audio quality is of utmost importance, which is why I'm content spending thousands of euros on my audio rig, including headphones.
    And you call me an idiot before bringing this up becaaauuuse..? Besides, again, OP asked for headPHONES, not headSETS, and considering his current setup, it's pretty clear he values audio quality a lot more than mobility

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Most of the people I play with use HyperX Cloud II, myself included.
    I use that too, incredible quality for the price, both the sound and mic, extremely comfortable and sturdy metal frame that I need for my giant head that breaks every plastic headset I ever bought.

I bought 2, one at home, one at work, and now my work place even bought a bunch for employees last year because there was construction going on and needed good headsets to block out the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    And you call me an idiot before bringing this up becaaauuuse..? Besides, again, OP asked for headPHONES, not headSETS, and considering his current setup, it's pretty clear he values audio quality a lot more than mobility
    Bringing what up? Something that you should've concluded yourself if you'd actually read the article? The OP wondered what our preference is, which he explicitly states in this sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreWright90 View Post
    but just wondering what your preference is.
    I just shared my preference for both PC gaming and music and if your autism causes a hissy fit merely because I recommended a set, you should have your med dosis rechecked.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I use that too, incredible quality for the price, both the sound and mic.
    Careful with mentioning headsets, you wouldn't want to drown in someone's inundation of complaints for not recommending headphones.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Careful with mentioning headsets, you wouldn't want to drown in someone's inundation of complaints for not recommending headphones.
    No I'm literally recommending different sets of severed heads, you can use them as decoration or skin them to make masks, it's really fun. The audio quality is crap unless you cut off the ears to let your own ears through though.

I really like my Corsair Void Pro.

I currently use the Hyper X Cloud Stinger

Amazon Link here

Picture of said headset:

Great audio quality and great microphone quality not had any issues since I got it and it uses AUX input and also in box gives you a 2 way input for mic/speaker when plugging into your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeekyflaps View Post
    I currently use the Hyper X Cloud Stinger

Amazon Link here

Picture of said headset:

Great audio quality and great microphone quality not had any issues since I got it and it uses AUX input and also in box gives you a 2 way input for mic/speaker when plugging into your machine.
    Ive had lots of hyper x cloud, currently using the hyper x cloud alpha, can vouch for their quality in both build and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Ive had lots of hyper x cloud, currently using the hyper x cloud alpha, can vouch for their quality in both build and sound.
    Yeah the last headset I used was turtle beach P12 (bare in mind this was for PS4/PC) but it was terrible and felt really cheap when it was actually around same price range as cloud stinger