Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I miss the days of Dark Apotheosis and Metamorphosis

While the current incarnation of demonology is pretty cool, with being a dedicated summoner, i still prefer the old one with metamorphosis, they got a lot of things right in MOP when it came to class fantasy, especially for warlocks. God bless Xelnath or whatever he was called.

They should do a mix of both versions for demonology, MoP and BfA: a master summoner that eventually get so corrupted by fel magic and demonic presence that he/she becomes a demon him/herself, or at least a talent to do so.

Also I'd like the Legion AoE back, can't remember its name, the channeled one that caused all pets to burn their surroundings, insted of Implosion

I miss late LK Demo, Demonic Leap, Immolation Aura, Demonic Slash(?) and Soulfire spam. But alas, I doubt they bring back Meta for warlocks.
    DA is our best bet, combined with old meta abilities, Demo would be kino.

While certain invalids will claim otherwise to defend their paltry achievements in the dumbed-down post-WoD shit-show, MoP really was the highest point the game-play got in PVE and PVP.
    Using that as a the basis while also bringing back community favorite specs from BC and wrath and folding them into the ToT era versions would pretty much put the game back at a good starting point for game-play.

The bitches can whine all they want, now we know they're a minority of a minority so it's safe to ignore them.

I miss WoD demonology
    had so much fun raiding High Maul... slowly building up Demonic Fury, then popping all the dps boosts and going to the 1 place in recount.
    PvP was pretty fun also
    A very complex and rewarding spec it was. rip
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I still don't understand why they had to give Demon Hunter metamorphosis. I mean lore-wise, a Demon Hunter is already like half demon, don't need to go full demon. Warlocks being able to transform for a brief moment made more sense, but go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    I miss late LK Demo, Demonic Leap, Immolation Aura, Demonic Slash(?) and Soulfire spam. But alas, I doubt they bring back Meta for warlocks.
    Demonic leap into goblin glider was fun. Also throne of thunder trinket from lei shen, uneering vision of lei shen or something like that, i used to play demo on council there, dotted up all of them with doom, imps galore!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I still don't understand why they had to give Demon Hunter metamorphosis. I mean lore-wise, a Demon Hunter is already like half demon, don't need to go full demon. Warlocks being able to transform for a brief moment made more sense, but go figure.
    Metamorphosis was a DH ability in WC3, so it made sense to give it back to them. That still doesnt justify taking it completely from warlocks, since they could've just changed visuals while keeping the mechanics. In fact thats what they did by giving shadow priests Voidform, which plays very similarly to Demo Meta. That's all very frustrating indeed, even if I do enjoy demo's current gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    While certain invalids will claim otherwise to defend their paltry achievements in the dumbed-down post-WoD shit-show, MoP really was the highest point the game-play got in PVE and PVP.
    Using that as a the basis while also bringing back community favorite specs from BC and wrath and folding them into the ToT era versions would pretty much put the game back at a good starting point for game-play.

The bitches can whine all they want, now we know they're a minority of a minority so it's safe to ignore them.
    Why can't several iterations of a spec coexist aside eachother? It'd be a bit more difficult to balance i guess but still.

My favorite was Cataclysm Demonology, good times

Even in WotlK it was fun as hell. Played the shit out of it even on Ulduar and LK progression.

The soul fire execute with meta and trinkets... or aoe-ing mobs with meta, immo aura, felstorm, trinkets. Those were the days!

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why can't several iterations of a spec coexist aside eachother? It'd be a bit more difficult to balance i guess but still.
    You mean double the amount of balancing needed? Yeah, that's a bit more than a sidenote considering how much they're struggling with balance as it is.

Demonic leap into goblin glider was fun. Also throne of thunder trinket from lei shen, uneering vision of lei shen or something like that, i used to play demo on council there, dotted up all of them with doom, imps galore!
    And demonic leap saved me a lot of gold for repairing from death by falling.

The warlock version of meta was without a doubt my least favorite version of demo since BC. I am happy it is gone I hope nothing like it ever returns.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I didn't even main demo in mop, went aff or dest (mostly cuzz they were stronger and also way cool), but damn, mop demo is probably the most interesting and mechanically original specc the game had. Current demo works alright, and it has a decent fantasy, but you can't compare it to a specc with modular resources that can enter an enhanced mode at any point which synergizes with regular rotation. The creativity and agency allowed was mouth watering. I would trade suramar for a 2020 working version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The warlock version of meta was without a doubt my least favorite version of demo since BC. I am happy it is gone I hope nothing like it ever returns.
    Gotta wonder, why? Not judging, people have different tastes, just curious cuzz i like it and rarely hear people who don't. Expand if you can be arsed.

i do not.

but i would prefer if we summoned fel guards or something, instead of imps. imps are fucking lame, and so far beneath us at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    I didn't even main demo in mop, went aff or dest (mostly cuzz they were stronger and also way cool), but damn, mop demo is probably the most interesting and mechanically original specc the game had. Current demo works alright, and it has a decent fantasy, but you can't compare it to a specc with modular resources that can enter an enhanced mode at any point which synergizes with regular rotation. The creativity and agency allowed was mouth watering. I would trade suramar for a 2020 working version.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta wonder, why? Not judging, people have different tastes, just curious cuzz i like it and rarely hear people who don't. Expand if you can be arsed.
    The clunky back and forth of combat styles mostly. Maybe if I wasn't raid leading and running it at the same time it wouldn't have been as bad, but even outside of those situations I did not like it at all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

While the current incarnation of demonology is pretty cool, with being a dedicated summoner, i still prefer the old one with metamorphosis, they got a lot of things right in MOP when it came to class fantasy, especially for warlocks. God bless Xelnath or whatever he was called.
    Not just locks, but druids, too. Loved the symbiosis talent, that gave some nice results with warlocks, look here:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Symbiosis

MoP was the best class design expansion.

And we still had different resources to manage in each spec...

Didn't play lock as a main for a long time, would sacrafice my DH for meta in demology...

If that zoo spec would come with a few changes, and some mechanics/resource managment back from MoP i bet i would enjoy that.

I would also like shadow of death back for dks, that one talent that resurrects a dk back to a ghoul for 25 seconds.(who doesn't have a dk as a lock in his pocket and vice versa?)

It seems blizz devs removed all the cool stuff from classes and it started years ago, thought many changes were bad in legion allready and without artefact and legendaries it really shows.

I would prefere to see more utility and tricks unique for classes as abilities and talents, you know the stuff you hardly see when playing a strict pve rotation in some raids, other than solo scenario challenges or pvp. With Thorgast we have that PvE scenario hopefully it will make good use of the surival abilities and utility of a class, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post

- - - Updated - - -

MoP demo was stronger in first season of MoP, could kill anything with dark soul up and 2 chaos waves. They were nerfed really hard in the next patch, Throne of Thunder or earlier with that little faction content, dunno.

Blizz nerfed locks very often in their dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    I miss the fuck out of this so much.

I loved Warlock so much back in 3.3 I no lifed the game. All reps to exalted, was in a ICC 10 raid guild! Lmao.

Miss the game when it was good.

I don't doubt meta makes sense on DH, but what they did with meta for DH's is a complete downgrade to the warlock meta. It's basically "your normal abilities you press normally do more damage, and you attack somewhat faster".

Also, Gul'dan has demonic protrusions, so I don't know why they can't give warlocks that fel corruption/empowerment feeling.

They've invested a lot into new demo animations, but the imp mother design is absolute garbage. It'd feel a lot less terrible if we got Jailors and better summons than imps and dogs spam.

Our felguard felstorm should also get the animation update bladestorm got.

AND DEMON BOLT SHOULD WORK WITH GREEN FIRE, LAZY POS INDIE COMPANY.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2020-03-01 at 06:38 PM.