Page 50 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If you are wrong then it's a stunt and we become even more isolated. The backlash that will come if what the Iraq PM is right is the biggest foreign policy mistake in decades, this makes Iran look like the victim.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are wrong it absolutely is terrorism, we lured someone under the guise of diplomacy and peace just to kill him for Trump's election.
    None of this really matters or will have any effect. I don’t know what to tell you. Countries are not nearly so principled. They are interest driven. Harming their interests in the name of principle, on behalf of Iran, is simply not a thing.

No one will do squat diplomatically because the Us drones a particular Iranian bad guy. That’s more of the crazy hyperbole that isn’t doing anything by leading to you folks terrorizing themselves.

When the Us doesn’t go an invade Iran, I’m going to expect a lot of walk backs. And legitimately the only thing I will have to say is “you replaced prudence with a pathological fear of consequences”

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    None of this really matters or will have any effect. I don’t k is what to tell you. Counties are not nearly so principled. They are interest driven.

No one will do squat diplomatically because the Us drones a particular Iranian bad guy. That’s more of the crazy hyperbole that isn’t doing anything by leading to you folks terrorizing themselves.

When the Us doesn’t go an invade Iran, I’m going to expect a lot of walk backs. And legitimately the only thing I will have to say is “you replaced prudence with a pathological fear of consequences”
    I never said we are going into WW3 or any of that crap, if you are wrong we have destroyed whatever standing we had left in the world. Who's going to let us negotiate anything? why would any one have peace talk with us on any ground but their own? trust in the US was already at an all time low no sane leader is going to have our backs. I know US vs the world doesn't matter but this has more than just diplomatic effect including trade not to mention increasing the number of countries who will make deals with our enemies and not even consult us.

7+ Year Old Account
    I never said we are going into WW3 or any of that crap, if you are wrong we have destroyed whatever standing we had left in the world. Who's going to let us negotiate anything? why would any one have peace talk with us on any ground but their own? trust in the US was already at an all time low no sane leader is going to have our backs. I know US vs the world doesn't matter but this has more than just diplomatic effect including trade not to mention increasing the number of countries who will make deals with our enemies and not even consult us.
    My feeling on this matter is, no matter how slimy this guy is, he was on his way to a peace conference that the US invited him to. Assassinating someone in this way, is a BAD idea, no matter WHO it is. It's called perfidy and it's against the Geneva Conventions for a very good reason. If the US thinks it can unilaterally lure people into peace conferences and then assassinate them, well look for other countries to just drop Geneva protections for US troops. And noone else will ever negotiate with the US again, because it sends a message that the US does not negotiate in good faith and just assassinates anyone who doesn't align with their interests. Wait until US politicians get assassinated in another country, only for everyone else to collectively shrug and say "well you did it, why shouldn't we"?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If the reports are true that the airstrike happened on the way to a diplomatic meeting, confidence in the US will go way down.

Why would someone risk going to the table when they might get shot on coming. Doesn't set a good example for others countries as well. Is this democracy?
    How many legions does “confidence” have?

I’m all for moral authority. Talked about the importance of that too for years. But now we
    Are just in the realm of creating fairy tales whereby this doesn’t work out decisively for the US in order to create some kind morally squad universe.

Guess what? This happened 2 days ago. Nothing else has happened. And it’s extremely likely the US will come out of this in a much better position in the region ans the world then when it entered.

Would that really be so bad? Like really? If the US
    Can’t kill off someone like Soleimani, what is the entire point of our entire geopolitical presence? He is exactly the kind of person we should be taking off the board.

We can add to that list some Russian and Chinese irregular figures countering our interests who could suffer... unfortunate... boating accidents as well.

The US was the Grandmaster at this sort of stuff. It won the last Cold War. It will win the next one.

So no, never trust us. Trust is for children. Just trust that the US will try to advance it’s
    Interests and defend its position. Rational foreign policy should be loveless. It should be only calculated.
    I wasn't talking about such things as friendship, etc. I was talking about something like a business agreements and treaties, as it stands the US is simply unreliable and any treaty with them isn't worth the paper it is written on. That is the status you have reached.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello, Josif.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I’m all for moral authority. Talked about the importance of that too for years. But now we
    Are just in the realm of creating fairy tales whereby this doesn’t work out decisively for the US in order to create some kind morally squad universe.

Guess what? This happened 2 days ago. Nothing else has happened. And it’s extremely likely the US will come out of this in a much better position in the region ans the world then when it entered.

Would that really be so bad? Like really? If the US
    Can’t kill off someone like Soleimani, what is the entire point of our entire geopolitical presence? He is exactly the kind of person we should be taking off the board.

We can add to that list some Russian and Chinese irregular figures countering our interests who could suffer... unfortunate... boating accidents as well.

The US was the Grandmaster at this sort of stuff. It won the last Cold War. It will win the next one.
    Your hate boner for Iran is so huge you can't see the fact that if the reports are true Russia and China just checkmated the US again. These are not normal times Trump is no Grandmaster he is Mister Magoo with a chess piece up his nose.

Negotiations? Over what precisely. Most arms treaties are dead. NewStart is next. The WTO is frozen. Globalization is facing a rollback. The Doha round of the WTO is basically dead. There is no global response to climate change. The prior 20 years of peacemaking has made zero progress on Afghanistan, the Middle East, the South China Sea, or Ukraine.

We are not entering a time of peacemaking. We are entering a time of war making. Is the writing on the wall not clear enough?

I hate to “sweet summer child” this shit but this 1990s worldview died the moment China decided to contest the US for global primacy. That world and the things that were valued into it is dead and not coming back.

I’ve said for years now the US needs to double the size of the State Department.

Now ask with everything I said, why would I say that? To make great new treaties? No. To bilaterally box our adversaries in by being everywhere.

Negotiations? Over what precisely. Most arms treaties are dead. NewStart is next. The WTO is frozen. Globalization is facing a rollback. The Doha round of the WTO is basically dead. There is no global response to climate change. The prior 20 years of peacemaking has made zero progress on Afghanistan, the Middle East, the South China Sea, or Ukraine.

We are not entering a time of peacemaking. We are entering a time of war making. Is the writing on the wall not clear enough?

I hate to “sweet summer child” this shit but this 1990s worldview died the moment China decided to contest the US for global primacy. That world and the things that were valued into it is dead and not coming back.

I’ve said for years now the US needs to double the size of the State Department.

Now ask with everything I said, why would I say that? To make great new treaties? No. To bilaterally box our adversaries in by being everywhere.
    So you basically want WWIII never mind then.

So you basically want WWIII never mind then.
    Thats the exact opposite of what hes saying, he wants to stop ww3 by keeping china from ever being able to challenge the US.

Your hate boner for Iran is so huge you can't see the fact that if the reports are true Russia and China just checkmated the US again. These are not normal time Trump is no Grandmaster he is Mister Magoo with a chess piece up his nose.
    I don’t have a hate boner for Iran. I think the US going to war against Iran would be a massive mistake and must never happen. I think Iran is a distraction against the real threat, China. I think the far rights Iran obsession is insane.

I have seen no “reports” regarding Russia and China on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Thats the exact opposite of what hes saying, he wants to stop ww3 by keeping china from ever being able to challenge the US.
    Bingo. Some one gets it. Thanks!

How is that going to happen when Trump just took the state department and shot it in the head with this move?

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t have a hate boner for Iran. I think the US going to war against Iran would be a massive mistake and must never happen. I think Iran is a distraction against the real threat, China. I think the far rights Iran obsession is insane.

I have seen no “reports” regarding Russia and China on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Bingo. Some one gets it. Thanks!
    Again how does this stunt achieve that? don't you see this fucks our influence to the shiter.

How is that going to happen when Trump just took the state department and shot it in the head with this move?
    by getting trump out of office in 2020? you do notice he and i both have the same signature as you right?

by getting trump out of office in 2020? you do notice he and i both have the same signature as you right?
    I do but I hate to break it to you that's not a guarantee mathematically and historically he is favored to win and he is obviously willing to do whatever it takes. The damage he does is not all fixable you can't take backsies this.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Hello, Josif.
    He had a point.

Again how does this stunt achieve that? don't you see this fucks our influence to the shiter.

alone this act doesn't accomplish much, if it becomes the first step in a overall campaign of deterrence it will make bad actors alot less likely to do things like attack embassies or hack elections.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately the contenders to challenge him are so poor that this is still far from likely.

Also the US government and justice system are so paralyzed that they can't even remove a criminal from office so that's not helping either.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think it fucks our influence at all. I think 20 years of expecting the West take take the hits while the authoritarian powers in the world dish them have conditioned you to expect catastrophe everyone the US dare raise its voice in anger or give a black eye.

There is extremely manageable risk here. And the payoff will be well worth the cost I’m convinced. That’s a gamble I’m making.

- - - Updated - - -

alone this act doesn't accomplish much, if it becomes the first step in a overall campaign of deterrence it will make bad actors alot less likely to do things like attack embassies or hack elections.
    Exactly. Preach it.

These people are terrified of imposing consequences. It’s crazy. They’re that paralyzed in the face of risk.

But this process has to happen to roll back the attacks levied on us over the past 20 years. We need to make America a little feared again, in a word. But that will require a more comprehensive strategy than this.

Again, was the attack on the embassy and Americans or just the Green zone? Because that distinction Matters. Iran WILL respond but it seems like a few shitty rockets aren’t the repose. It will be about the US seizing escalation dominance past this and respond as Iran responds until they can’t anymore, that will fully build deterrence. A good example is the lead up to Operation Praying Mantis in the 1980s that ended Iranian attacks for 15 years.

That’s what the 1000 colonels in the Pentagon building will be charged with coming up yet. We should outright drone every member of this Hezbollah Iraq militant group we can find though.
    it said right there in the headline that it missed the embassy and hit a nearby building.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
    These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...19480574812160

War is going to happen Trump knows that Iran will be forced to answer, the popularity of soleimani who, from the point of view of the Iranians, is a hero who defended Iran from the war against Saddam in the 80s is too big to let it go.
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2020-01-05 at 11:46 PM.