Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Do you really want to haggle over just how many hundreds of protesters were killed by their government as if a lower number than 1500 is somehow OK...and, as such, Democrats are somehow justified in blocking a bill that condemns Iran's actions?

Wow...just wow.
    I'm...not? I'm actually agreeing with you. I have no horse in this race, if Reuters reports 1500 civilians killed during protests I believe them. They've earned my trust.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm...not? I'm actually agreeing with you. I have no horse in this race, if Reuters reports 1500 civilians killed during protests I believe them. They've earned my trust.
    My bad. I intended to quote Ihavewaffles...not you. Sorry about that!
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2...strike/162502/

Welp, apparently there were no deaths, but 11 US military members were injured in the attacks. It appears they weren't life threatening. Now to wonder what the administration response will be.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-01-17 at 02:40 AM.

Welp, apparently there were no deaths, but 11 US military members were injured in the attacks. It appears they weren't life threatening. Now to wonder what the administration response will be.
    So there WERE American casualties? Very interesting.

I guess I could see why they would want to cover that up but still, makes you think.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    So there WERE American casualties? Very interesting.

I guess I could see why they would want to cover that up but still, makes you think.
    Concussive injuries only, takes time to figure those out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now to wonder what the administration response will be.
    There won't be any response, this chapter is closed.

US went clearly on top from that one, so no point spoiling the victory with nonsense. Iran, on the other hand, has to deal with its internal turmoil due to the plane downing, which killed plenty of Iran's best and brightest itself AND they now have to deal with Europeans finally putting hammer down. Guess they will just arrest and shoot some protesters for the first one as usual, but second one is going to be much more difficult.

US does not need to do shit - others will do all the work now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There won't be any response, this chapter is closed.

US went clearly on top from that one, so no point spoiling the victory with nonsense. Iran, on the other hand, has to deal with its internal turmoil due to the plane downing, which killed plenty of Iran's best and brightest itself AND they now have to deal with Europeans finally putting hammer down. Guess they will just arrest and shoot some protesters for the first one as usual, but second one is going to be much more difficult.

US does not need to do shit - others will do all the work now.
    You forget that trump is president.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitus View Post
    texasrules tried the same thing yesterday, the reason they voted against it, is because they have their own measure they are writing. That will probably have more of an impact than the shit kevin mccarthy, or should i say trump's newest colon polyp, just wrote. Considering this fucking moron isn't seeking re-election to work for trump.
    "it better because my tribe!"
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    "it better because my tribe!"
    Do you have anything to add to the conversation? Or you going to spout hyperbolic bullshit?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Do you have anything to add to the conversation? Or you going to spout hyperbolic bullshit?
    I'd ask you the same thing.

You say it's terrible because someone who isn't your ideological tribe is doing the same thing. Any other base instincts you want to act out?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    I'd ask you the same thing.

You say it's terrible because someone who isn't your ideological tribe is doing the same thing. Any other base instincts you want to act out?
    Cute, thanks for still not contributing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Cute, thanks for still not contributing.
    Flattery will get you nowhere. Nice admission that you've go no argument though.

McCarthy's was obviously worded differently. And wording matters when issuing a condemnation of a country. I don't know what McCarthy's condemnation said, but I'm guessing it talks about Obama's nuclear deal as "the worst ever" and conveniently omitting the constant one-up-manship from the U.S., while the Dems condemnation is probably a bit more focused on the particular event at hand while not propagandizing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/masked-gu...094504012.html

Masked gunmen on Wednesday ambushed and killed the local commander of a paramilitary security force in southwestern Iran, an associate of Iran's top general recently killed in an American drone strike in Baghdad, the official IRNA news agency reported.

The slain commander, Abdolhossein Mojaddami, headed the Basij forces, a paramilitary wing of the Revolutionary Guard used for internal security and other tasks, in the town of Darkhoein. He was gunned down in front of his home in the town in the country's oil rich Khuzestan province.

Two gunmen on a motorcycle, armed with an assault rifle and a hunting rifle, ambushed Mojaddami, IRNA reported. Other Iranian media said the gunmen's faces were covered with masks and that four shots were fired.

The case is under investigation and a motive was not immediately clear, but Basij units had been involved in violent clashes with demonstrators in the area in November in which many protesters were injured and killed. Amnesty International has reported that more than 300 people were killed in the unrest across the country, though Iran has not announced a death toll.

Mojaddami's killing is seen another blow to the Revolutionary Guard, following the death of top general Qasse m Soleimani earlier this month in a U.S. drone strike in Iraq. Mojaddami was described by IRNA as an associated of Soleimani, who was the head of the Quds forces, the foreign wing of the Guard.

7+ Year Old Account

I hope there will be no response.

It appears that Trump wants to minimalize these injuries because he doesn't want to retaliate. I'm good with that.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

It appears that Trump wants to minimalize these injuries because he doesn't want to retaliate. I'm good with that.
    Or, because he doesn't actually understand how brain injuries works and think that potential traumatic injuries are just a "headache" because he's an uncaring asshole.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or, because he doesn't actually understand how brain injuries works and think that potential traumatic injuries are just a "headache" because he's an uncaring asshole.
    What do you have him to do? Magnify these injuries and escalate tensions further by doing so?

What do you have him to do? Magnify these injuries and escalate tensions further by doing so?
    Acknowledge that there may have been indirect injuries due to head trauma and acknowledge that it can be serious, but that the troops are receiving the best of care. He wishes them all well and will monitor their recoveries to determine if further action is needed.

Even if there's no plan for further action. At least pretending he cares about US soldiers would be a step up from, "Meh, big babies and their silly headaches."

7+ Year Old Account
    Acknowledge that there may have been indirect injuries due to head trauma and acknowledge that it can be serious, but that the troops are receiving the best of care. He wishes them all well and will monitor their recoveries to determine if further action is needed.

Even if there's no plan for further action. At least pretending he cares about US soldiers would be a step up from, "Meh, big babies and their silly headaches."
    If you think he doesn't care about our soldiers...you haven't been paying attention. I believe he was very concerned about escalation of tensions and wanted to avoid that.

Revenge by locals? I do not think it is that hard to get guns in Iran and plenty have enough grudge against people in power there...