Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    man,I rly do miss the days when I can actual work on my char and actualy know that being bis is an actual posibility! and guess what?after I got the best gear I actualy didnt stop playing! ironicaly,its the first expansion that made me stop playing after 15 years

The procs are really cool, but I could do without the huge system tied to it. I for one am excited to be pumped about weapon drops again.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'll take it, sounds a whole lot less toxic (and more under my control) than Titanforging.
    Am happ, can't wait for the 15th!
    Me as well, this system looks like it could be fun, and will be interesting to see how it plays out.. What I do find funny is how ever since warforging/titanforging came out, people have bitched and moaned about it and wanted it gone..
    Now that it has been removed they are now bitching and moaning about it being gone and want it back, really shows that no matter what they do Blizzard can never win..

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Azerite gear/traits, Necklace level/essence, Corruption gear/resistance.

Over-complicated trash for the sake of unnecessary complexity, with nothing meaningful or interesting.

BFA has the worse gearing system in wow history by a wild margin.
    You trolls are delusional. BfA is by far, not even close, the best, most customizable/meaningful gear has ever been at any point in its history. They have made several poor decisions this expansion but allowing the player meaningful or interesting choices in gearing is not one of them.

Over-complicated lol. Seems like anything more involved than High Ilvl > Low Ilvl is asking too much brain power from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the TF system to this. I just want gear without gimmicks. I really dislike the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    You trolls are delusional. BfA is by far, not even close, the best, most customizable/meaningful gear has ever been at any point in its history. They have made several poor decisions this expansion but allowing the player meaningful or interesting choices in gearing is not one of them.

Over-complicated lol. Seems like anything more involved than High Ilvl > Low Ilvl is asking too much brain power from you.
    I broadly agree with what you're saying, but I do think BfA is too complicated in some areas. The trait system is generally not intuitive or clear - as a concept it is good but if they were to take it forward (which I don't think they are) they'd need a lot of improvements to it.

Broadly speaking I think it's bad game design if you feel significant pressure to go outside of the game to make decisions to remain competitive at a medium level of play (which i'd set at completing +10s in time - above this its reasonable imo that player have to go 'above and beyond' to be highly competitive)

this isnt RNG tho you control just about everything here........ are you daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post

You are clearly trolling.

Azerite is worse than the old glyph system in wrath. Azerite traits (severa rings per piece) do exactly the same thing as the old glyphs (prime, major, minor x 3). And azerite traits are bound to gear instead of char itself like old glyphs system. Players have more choice to swap glyphs at anytime than farming certain traits.

Instead of high ilvl > low ilvl, players just read wall of text on icy-vein, wowhead, etc, and decides trait/essence A > trait/essence B. There is nothing meaningful or interesting, and there is no real choice. Nobody can meaningfully test any traits when you have 10 procs at anytime during the fight.

Blizzard tried too hard to make the gear system itsefl "interesting" instead of the game content more interesting, and failed miserably. All these bound to gear, bound to char, abilites unlocked by grinding is undoubtedly the worse gear system in wow history. It is so bad that most players don't even care about them anymore. And people are reluctant to play their alts because they don't want to farm the same essences for necklace again and again meaninglessly.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Horrible

This is probably the worst idea since dawn of WoW. Untill devs realise excessive RNG killed retail, I'm not coming back. Sorry.

All I decipher from this is, that healers are gonna have a bad time in M+. People will simply stack corruption and then blame the healer for not healing it away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Oh weil, i am def. Skipping this. I like Titanforging better. The weapon corruption has killed it for me. How many scum sYstem are they testing? Trashnecklace into essences into corruption. But talk about balancing and adding another class is not Balanceable. What a pity

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    You dont, just cleanse all of it, good players will be even more ahead of you but thats the payoff for not wanting to use your brain a bit for gearing purposes.

- - - Updated - - -

Always the same argument "i want my absolute bis list back!", trying to pretend like everyone farmed for full titanforged gear to have the absolute best bis, none top end raider did it, none top end raider will do it with corruption either, but somehow the aotc heroes and everyone below that feels the need to do it, just hilarious.
    As a player that always gets CE when work doesn’t fuck with me, you are making us look like class A cunts. I stopped during this tier, not because I finished the raid but because I couldn’t get my BiS. I like to “finish” my character before the next tier, I like an end. If you don’t understand why people enjoy that, then you are the one without the ability to use your brain, not everyone else.

OT: For this system, I would have preferred if it just dropped as a rank 1-3 corruption that you used a crafted material (with the main material bought with a currency which can be traded) to harness into w/e effect you wanted. But blizz has to increase that hourly usage somehow.

I was going to come back as my guild was asking me to tank again, but I am just tired of this RNG layered BS now.
    Last edited by Soikona; 2020-01-05 at 10:43 AM.

Reminds me of Diablo 3.

I can sense more toxicity coming from this.

This system is the worst. It is so much worse then WF/TF, that it is laughable.

Even at a 100% droprate and 100% chance to be corrupted, the chance to get that 1 effect out of the 19 different effects(tiers not counted), is 5.26%.....
    And at 53 tiers, and 100%/100% drop and corruptionchance, the chance to get that effect on the right tier, is just 1.89%.

But in reality the dropchance is closer to 10-25%, plus there is an unknown chance for gear to be corrupted on top of the 53 effects and tiers; so anyone can see the chance to get a piece of gear, with the right corruption, at the right tier, is so low that it is way under 1% chance per loot.

But the worst part of this issue is, that you can get lucky, and get 3 pieces of gear, with the right effect and tier in a row, but also be unlucky for weeks, and loot a dozen items with not 1 corrupted item, let alone the right effect....

So talk about a bad system in wich RNG is the deciding factor and not player-agency or skill.

Now the only redeeming thing about this whole system, is that getting any piece of corrupted gear, "good" or "bad", doesn't punish you to much; the legendary cloak's corruption blocking buff will be good enough to counter that. But hey, it is not as if you will use that cloak's buff when the chance to get a corrupted item is as low as it is in the first place....

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Always the same argument "i want my absolute bis list back!", trying to pretend like everyone farmed for full titanforged gear to have the absolute best bis, none top end raider did it, none top end raider will do it with corruption either, but somehow the aotc heroes and everyone below that feels the need to do it, just hilarious.
    Can you read? I'm not comparing it to current loot, I'm comparing it to loot system from wotlk. Hilarious is the fact that you feel the need to comment on something you didnt bother to understand, making your participation meaningless.

@rhorle it looks like "perception" is some kind of buzzword for you, you're criminally overusing it and most of the time it doesnt even make sense. It's obvious you never raided with a serious guild aiming towards server firsts, let alone during wotlk / early cata time, so you'll never understand what I'm talking about since you never experienced what that fulfilment meant. You also seem to be missing what I said earlier: the ROAD to this goal was also fun. If it still was to this day, the loot changes wouldnt hurt so much. But it's not, meaking the loot changes even worse. Say what you want, I'll let the subscriber count tell for itself. There's a reason less and less people are willing to play this game.

This patch isn't even out yet?

Jesus christ. What is everyone paying for? this game isn't worth a monthly sub. How long can you stretch out so little content? this is truly miserable. I have seen this content being talked about since AZSHARA. and that was in like AUGUST. and this shit STILL isn't in the game.

what the FUCK are blizzard doing? do they just have one guy on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    This patch isn't even out yet?

Jesus christ. What is everyone paying for? this game isn't worth a monthly sub. How long can you stretch out so little content? this is truly miserable. I have seen this content being talked about since AZSHARA. and that was in like AUGUST. and this shit STILL isn't in the game.

what the FUCK are blizzard doing? do they just have one guy on the team?
    Blizz didn't want to drop a new content patch and have raid progression in the middle of Christmas? They've done that once before in WoD, and it was terrible.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And you are not rude? You told me to be extremely careful to say you lied when you've exaggerated the entire time you've been posting. You basically threatened me and call me rude. Lol. I am not splitting hairs. It is mathematically possible to get every piece of gear on a BiS list in one Season. You are confusing possible with probably. You probably will not. Just like it was possible for you to not get BiS for the current tier prior to the forging system being introduced.

There is a difference between impossible and improbable. You can literally get a drop from every boss and have them all forge. It is unlikely but possible. Because that is the way random chances work. There is no bad luck protection built in. This is why it is dumb to chase that chance. Even more so when you claim it is the sole reason for killing your enjoyment of the game.

You can chase the same BiS lists from Wotlk. Those are self imposed instead of Developer imposed because they do not include forged items. Just as you can make a list that tops out at tier 1 corruption. Which is extremely probable to obtain.
    Like i said impossible = unlikely if you take the average of all players.

So the guild isn't the only reason you are considering to play if enjoyment of the game is a factor. Because you are using that as a reason to consider playing or not. This also is a bunch of hot air because in a past post you've stated you've barely played the past few expansions. So the guild really isn't a factor as no guild cares about a player that has barely played the last few expansions. You also state you are playing classic which is a better explanation for much of your "retail" angst.

There is nothing wrong with wanting the game to be enjoyable for yourself. But you are self imposing restrictions. You can set up BiS lists that will mimic exactly what was possible in WotLK. You can end your gear chase at the same point. You can then play alts. You can then play with your guild just for the fun of it. But you are choosing not to. You are choosing to chase what you call impossible and then blaming the game that it allows you to make that choice.

So it isn't about your guild. It isn't about alts. It is about you not finding enjoyment in retail just as you haven't found for the past 3 expansions. And using forging as the scape goat.
    (Me playing the game) = (Game quality) + (guild bonus). Since game quality is negative right now only my guild lets me think about playing WoW. And I don't need an excuse to not play. Why should I need an excuse? I have a REASONING not to play. And TF is part of this reasoning. How pathetic are you, that you assume someone needs an excuse to do as he wants?

But you said it is impossible. It isn't impossible to get gear upgrades in Diablo. WoW doesn't shower you in gear. You can't repeat lock outs in WoW for more gear. It is nothing like Diablo. I can rinse and repeat as many times as I want to be showered in gear. You can't do that in WoW because you are limited by instance lock outs. It doesn't matter if chances work out to be exactly the same.

Because the meaning of those chances are entirely different.
    Ever heard of mythic plus? yeah, no lockouts.

It is literally the same now. You get the item or you do not. You chase an item on a loot table or not. You are choosing to add more items to the list. You also leave out item upgrading in MoP. Where you know you had to get the item you needed then upgrade that item then repeat again if you got a better item when it was fully upgrade. There have been people complaining about "RNG" since Cata LFR. It is certainly easier to perceive the issue with the different things an item can or can not have. But it is still a perception issue.

Just focus on is an upgrade or not with out getting caught up in the details. You can chase the same exact BiS list that existed prior to forging. If you just choose to do so. If everything you say here is true then choosing to change your perception like that would instantly make the game enjoyable for you. But I highly doubt it would be instantly enjoyable which means that your issues are greater then the perception of being forced to micromanage RNG.
    You are dense. Sorry, but I doubt you even read what I write. But okay, let's agree to disagree. If you like the game the way it is, fine. But you won't convince me that there was as much RNG in Cata as there is now. Because it's just not true.

15+ Year Old Account
    My body is ready to drop gazillion of top tier corrupted bonus on versatility that is don't give a fish about....

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Me as well, this system looks like it could be fun, and will be interesting to see how it plays out.. What I do find funny is how ever since warforging/titanforging came out, people have bitched and moaned about it and wanted it gone..
    Now that it has been removed they are now bitching and moaning about it being gone and want it back, really shows that no matter what they do Blizzard can never win..
    Those are two different groups. The group that is moaning now never had a reason to comment on the issue because they were fine with it and ppl who are satisfied won't comment on it. How often do you call your internet provider and praise them because everything runs as it should?
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!