Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will obviously come but it makes no sense to randomly implement it, it will be something a lot of people will pay for, even new players, so they will implement it strategically.

Its a form of visual progression and it's fun to design your own personal space, similar to how it's fun for people to collect outfits.

It's also more things to collect and do.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    housing at this point in the games lifespan would be a waste. it should've been put in several expansions ago and cool looking house items should be playing the role mounts have been playing for years.

but a robust and interesting housing system would not be a achievable nor a proper use of resources 15 years in. then you consider blizzard' s limp dicked inability to implement expansion systems with the promise of actually keeping them around and it becomes obvious housing will never happen anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    By that logic, xmog is also pointless because you can fool around in weird costumes to have some giggles with your guildies. But most of the time, you are the only one caring about your xmog since no one truly gives a shit. Top tier logic.
    The top tier logic which shows your immense intellect is that you brought in another example and decided it was just the same. Its not the same... not by a long shot.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Except for the most popular and long-lasting one. Perhaps the better thing to be "baffled" about is why other MMOs seem hellbent on including a feature that doesn't work, in that case.
    Works just fine in ESO and FF14, keeps a ton of players busy.

Quote Originally Posted by This One Time At Bandcamp View Post
    If housing will be made similar to Garrisons in WoD - Then I'm simply not that interested.

The only "fun" mechanic in housing, that I can think of, would be to visit Method or other top guilds houses, to see their trophies..
    I dont feel the need for a secluded space for my guild, that no one else can find..

People would get bored in there anyways, because most PvE guilds spend their time in dungeons/raids, and not standing around.
    Then you haven't put enough thought into it.

Wasted resources on a useless feature.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    The top tier logic which shows your immense intellect is that you brought in another example and decided it was just the same. Its not the same... not by a long shot.
    Not the same according to me, but according to the quoted poster's logic. Yours is a truly immense intellect, I see - starting by your reading comprehension.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Blizzard thinks of WoW in two ways: Content requires action or content requires a relationship to the faction war.

Housing is neither which is why they have yet to do anything about it.

It's another reason why professions languish as well. They only support them because, in their view, it was a mistake to have them in the game in the first place given how it's worked out.

Garrisons as a concept were fine but Blizzard hates to allow too much customization and the extended idea of turning your garrison into a small town over time is anathema to how they view the game. They want fighters in the game, not mayors.

Putting a good building game into WoW would likely extend subscription life. I don't think they want to do a good building/farming game. At heart the game is about fighting. Anything not fighting gets little attention.

Yknow what I really liked? The Pandaria farm. I leveled an alt there a while back and found myself grinding out Tillers rep again. It was great.

They don't want to implement systems like that that

A. they'll be required to keep updating expansion after expansion. They prefer things like Garrisons they can leave behind every expansion.
    B. Doesn't directly tie into player power/progression somehow. When's the last time they added major things that get added upon each expansion that don't? To my reckoning, archeology and pet battles.

Its baffling that people still want idiotic features implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a theory, that reading too much social media like forums makes people caring too much about terms that come up often, which in return makes it return more, and people caring more, until something is considered important when in reality it was just a social thing that has no ties with any logical reasoning, taste, or needs

The Sims are a thing...you should consider changing games if you wanna build a house.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I almost wonder if WoW's engine is really even capable of "proper" player housing along the lines of what we've seen in some other games.
    I think that's the crux of the issue. It looks like designing, placing, and texturing stuff in WoW's engine takes a much longer time than in other games, given their patch schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Of course they refuse. To make player housing would mean they have to actually do something that isn't just repolishing an existing system into a "new" system and repackaging it into a "new" expansion.

It's due to a significant portion of the playerbase being miserable enough to loudly state how useless the feature would be just because they themselves aren't interested in the concept of player housing, despite it being a successful feature in multiple MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Not the same according to me, but according to the quoted poster's logic. Yours is a truly immense intellect, I see - starting by your reading comprehension.
    Not once did i mention transmogs in my first post... Not even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Blizzard has proven to have become unable to handle cosmetic content properly.

Take a look at archaeology, pet battles and island expeditions. All three are freaking terrible side content. Archaeology is just "dig until you scream bloody murder and you get a title". I suppose island expeditions are better now but when I was into it you had to perform dark rituals to have a 5% chance of something happening.
    Pet battles started strong but have devolved into "beat every trainer with no pets on your team with an unreliable internet connection while a guy pokes you with a pointy stick".

At this point, housing not happening is a good thing tbf. I can already envision exciting achievements like "visit 3000 different players houses", "spend a cumulative time of 1 year in your house" and "spend 10,000,000 gold to get all house upgrades".
    I agree with archeolgy, but the pet battle thing no.
    the pet battle dungeons and tournoments they have been adding, aswell as making pet battles a huge peice of content in the new zones (giving you a massive boost of rep) they are still doing great, maybe not as amazing as when they were first added and there was TONS of stuff, but it still gets quite a large amount of content. Legendary pets, pet battle dungeons, new pet battles every patch, etc etc.

meanwhile archeolgy.... ugh... I was server second max on my realm back when it got added.
    I have almost every single rare.
    but legion and BFA sorta ditched it... Legion had the bi-weekly, but that was more of "do a weekly quest that has some archeology in it" there was no rares to discover.

It's something they can keep in their pocket to use sometime down the road, maybe when they are struggling with content.

I'd take 1 or 2 more allied races over useless housing.

Just play The Sims, it will offer a better housing experience than anything blizz can put out.