Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    The "specific task" in this case is "be good."
    No. Were that the case he could go raid anywhere. He specifically needs to "be good" while raiding with a group of people he is only raiding with because he's getting paid to do so.

This really is not a hard concept that it should need people explaining it you...

What exactly do you think a "carry raider" does?
    Provides the service of helping a weaker group to defeat raid encounters that otherwise would either require significantly more effort or even be beyond their capability, often in exchange for some form of payment. When that payment is real money it goes against the Eula.

He'd be paying somebody to join the guild and be an amazing raider.
    You left out the most important part: participation in said raid. As I said, he isn't being paid to simply exist, he is being paid to do a job.

It's no different than Method paying their players to be really good.
    Method players are sponsored. Paid "carry Raiders" are employed.

I get that the difference is lost on you because they both involve giving money to players for playing the game, but that is where the similarity ends. They are certainly not the same thing.

From Wikipedia:

"Sponsoring something is the act of supporting an event, activity, person, or organization financially or through the provision of products or services. The individual or group that provides the support, similar to a benefactor, is known as sponsor."

"Employment is a relationship between two parties, usually based on a contract where work is paid for"

Every raider in Method is a "carry raider."
    That's a contradiction. A "carry raider" is a raider who is significantly better than the group he is in, thus enabling them to achieve outcomes better than they are capable of. "Carry raiders" essentially compensate for those who cannot pull their own weight.

In Method their team consists of peers all of whom pull their own weight.

Yes, every player in Method is strong enough to be a carry raider for a sufficiently weaker guild. But within the context of their own guild, none of them are.

Getting sponsored in the game is not against the Eula.
    Being a "carry raider" in the game is not against the Eula.

But being a "carry raider" in exchange for real money is against the Eula.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2020-01-08 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    No. Were that the case he could go raid anywhere. He specifically needs to "be good" while raiding with a group of people he is only raiding with because he's getting paid to do so.

This really is not a hard concept that it should need people explaining it you...
    Just like Method raiders specifically need to "be good" while raiding with the group of people he is only raiding with because he's getting paid to do so.

This is really not a hard comparison to make that it should need people explaining it to you...

Method players are sponsored. "Carry Raiders" are employed.

I get that the difference is lost on you because they both involve giving money to players for playing the game, but that is where the similarity ends. They are certainly not the same thing.

"Sponsoring something is the act of supporting an event, activity, person, or organization financially or through the provision of products or services. The individual or group that provides the support, similar to a benefactor, is known as sponsor."

"Employment is a relationship between two parties, usually based on a contract where work is paid for"
    Lmao. This is a hilarious semantic argument, but anyone who understands context can easily see through it. I get that context is lost on you because you think people are incapable of seeing blatant truths because of "gotcha" arguments like this.

Fine, OP can sponsor a raider to raid with them.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just like Method raiders specifically need to "be good" while raiding with the group of people he is only raiding with because he's getting paid to do so.
    Method raiders don't raid because they're paid to do so.

Lmao. This is a hilarious semantic argument, but anyone who understands context can easily see through it.
    Or maybe your problem is that you actually have no desire for understanding...

Fine, OP can sponsor a raider to raid with them.
    He could try to sell it that way. And maybe he'd even get away with it. Although it would be pretty transparent to anyone scrutinizing it.

Method raiders don't raid because they're paid to do so.
    Says who exactly? You?

Or maybe your problem is that you actually have no desire for understanding...
    Irony.

He could try to sell it that way. And maybe he'd even get away with it. Although it would be pretty transparent to anyone scrutinizing it.
    Apparently not since you're defending only one of two identical schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you want to spend that much on something so pointless, you are better off just spending it on blow jobs and coke
    FTFY

enough characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evotech View Post
    I don't want to get our guild into trouble, so wanted to see if someone knows if it's against the Blizzard rules to pay someone to join our guild as a raider? Basically going to offer someone (let's say $200/month) to entice them to join our guild and help us progress.
    It's against the rules if you do this in game like in chat, but there is nothing that is stopping you from paying them outside the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I've heard of this many many times in the past - guilds that have sponsors etc DO indeed get benefits such as bonus pay etc

This is a thing, but as for paying someone just straight money basically in game ITEMS that's against the rules so

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Says who exactly? You?
    You made your claim that they only play because they're paid to so without any substantiation whatsoever, so it's only fair that I get to do the same.

Irony.
    The fact that I have bothered to actually structure an argument with reasoning demonstrates that I have at least put thought into this discussion - and demonstrates that yes, I do actually have a desire to reach understanding (even if my understanding is incorrect). Nothing in what you've written thus far demonstrates that you've bothered to put any real thought into what you're saying, or that you've considered the other side of the argument.

PS: And before you try and throw it back it me, because you've failed to present any reasoning, it has not really been possible for me to consider your "argument". It's non-existent.

Apparently not since you're defending only one of two identical schemes.
    Again, at least I was able to provide reasons for why they're not identical. Now sure, I may be wrong in my reasoning, but that's still infinitely superior to your complete lack of reasoning.

Anyhow, clearly I am wasting my time with you. I'll just quietly chuckle to myself at the thought of you laughing

Blizzard surely will love this „market“, since it directly leads to more used tokens, which is 7$ profit for Blizzard by doing nothing. Why do i say this ? 1) Because its true. 2) You will get NO better proof for „Blizzard will do nothing against it, regardless if it is against the rules or not“, when they make $$$ with it.

3000$/month and I'll do it.

Under that, it's just not worth my time.

I don't think its against the rules because there are many professional teams out there that pay their players to be a part of their team.

How many hours per week do you raid? Because $200/month might be below minimum wage.

If you "hire" anyone to carry you who isn't a good raider leader, enjoy going nowhere.

you can have 10 95 percentile players in your raid without a raid leader it's just useless, a good raid leader can make a team out of ok players, no leader can never make anything out of a bunch of high dps randoms. not at the top level anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you want to spend that much on something so pointless, you are better off just spending it on a mythic raid carry.

Except yes it is. And there's been people permanently banned for less than that. Of course Blizzard would have to notice this happening, which they probably can't if the discussion about money takes places outside of the game. There's a difference however, between that which is legal, and that is illegal but non detectable
    So when is Method being banned for paying their esports team?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Funny thought that. Any multi millionaire could basically bankroll progression. You could hire 19 people + substitutes for 100 a month. That'd be around 25k a year, 250k in a decade. Peanuts. Throw in a paid vacation to the Bahamas for your employees as guild meetup.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Will the better players start demanding to get laid as well?

Is this for Mythic or Heroic?
    if that's an unintentional misspell, it's hilarious, thanks! I demand getting laid for carrying you instead of getting paid, this might be cheaper!

With the recent discoveries of people/orgs paying for weakauras to be made or just paying for elvui/weakauras settings of a streamer, im not really sure why it would be against the rules to pay someone to join your guild. Method players are paid for the world race, are they not?

A guild is essentially the same organisation like Method just not as known. I can see how selling a boost run to someone for RMT is against the rules, but a GM/Manager of a guild paying the guild's raiders is more or less the opposite - the rules are about using RMT for a service and in the latter case we have the opposite: the person providing the service is on an RMT salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    if that's an unintentional misspell, it's hilarious, thanks! I demand getting laid for carrying you instead of getting paid, this might be cheaper!
    It was unintentional, but I decided to leave it when I noticed it. Thought it was kind of funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's against the rules but then again, how could Blizzard ever know, I doubt people write it openly and discuss it freely.

I offer contract world quest services for only 200 a month ill farm wqs while beeing a member of your guild, motivating others to also farm. Dont miss this exlusive offer contracted wq is not responsible for any accidents while farming.