Husbands in fiction.

Why do fictional dads let their wives push them around? Why don’t they just remind them who pays the bills?

If my wife treated me the way wives in fiction do, I’d give her a black eye. Sometimes you need to remind them who’s the boss of the house.

And before you tell me what a terrible person I am, let me ask something: Why is it OK for a wife to hit her husband, but not vice versa?

Because it's not okay for wives to hit their husbands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Why do fictional dads let their wives push them around? Why don’t they just remind them who pays the bills?

If my wife treated me the way wives in fiction do, I’d give her a black eye. Sometimes you need to remind them who’s the boss of the house.

And before you tell me what a terrible person I am, let me ask something: Why is it OK for a wife to hit her husband, but not vice versa?
    why do i feel like im reading something out of the 1950s?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Do you have any evidence or sources to back up your claims, or are you just being a rabid misogynist?

Thanks for admitting you support spousal abuse.

10+ Year Old Account

They are your equal and using physical violence in a relationship is not okay regardless of gender and regardless if they have the skill to push you to the edge, you get out of the relationship or you hit her, difference between being civilized or not, your choice.

It is not and Spouse Abuse campaigns in the last years have highlighted this.

I pay the bills. And most women work and pay their bills.

You have a weird relationship and view of the world if you feel there needs to be a boss in the relationship.

It’s not ok for a wife to hit her husband. Where did you get that idea? So yes, you are a terrible incel.

Is there even market research into this sort of thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Is there even market research into this sort of thing?
    What sort of thing? The percentage of people who pretend all fictional husbands are portrayed as pushovers?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You have a weird relationship and view of the world if you feel there needs to be a boss in the relationship.
    It's not weird, it's traditional. There are still plenty of people in the world for whom it's more preferable. I myself am more of a western type so I value equality and mutual respect in a relationship, but a huge chunk of my country's population isn't this way.

10+ Year Old Account

But this isn't what you made the thread about. Your thread is about the supposed portrayal of husbands in works of fiction.

Which you gave no references, by the way.

Now at the last second you tried to turn the thread into some form of a domestic violence issue? Social stigma of "equal abuse" in relationships? Wtf is this thread even about?

Or are you so bored for attention OP that you decided to come to the cesspool of MMO-C to get a reaction?

Gender discussions are not allowed. closing now...