Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Read some about the patch notes and datamined dialogue, then saw the cutscene, anyway, for a villain that has been teased for years, that has been behind a lot of stuff, is this it? Just one patch and THAT dealing with the biggest villain in wow history aside from Sargeras?
    Be happy he is even an end of expansion boss lmao. Yogg was a mid expansion patch boss, so was cthun, ysaarj wasnt even really shown besides his heart. People built up old gods themselves cause they think its a cool concept. We've already destroyed things much stronger why would you expect a whole expansion or something for Nzoth, seems like a silly assumption. Old gods in whole aren't even close as to the buildup Sargeras got, why would one measly old god(the weakest at that) get that type of spotlight. Their whole thing has always been corruption, he's got a raid packed with some corrupted heavy hitters so I think its pretty fitting. Anyone that thought nzoth would get a whole expansion is out of their mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I didn't say we haven't defeated them. I said N'zoth is at full strength when we fight him while C'thun and Yogg were already weakened by their prisons. What is so hard to understand really?
    You said that they were a husk of their former selves, which I mistook for as "they weren't actually there". I apologize for that. Some people have argued some stupid shit against me in terms of the Old Gods. It's clouded me. OOF

Can't wait for 6 months to pass when it becomes arbitrarily okay to criticize something and a whole load of people will suddenly agree that N'zoth was wasted and ironed over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    All of the old gods were killed in a dedicated patch. Why do ppl keep forgetting about that?
    Because none of them before were at full power.

And C'thun and arguably Yogg-Saron were added in a time when Blizzard was just fiddling around with Old Gods. Especially C'thun. N'Zoth has been built up since Cataclysm and arguably longer.

dude didn't even get a trailer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Can't wait for 6 months to pass when it becomes arbitrarily okay to criticize something and a whole load of people will suddenly agree that N'zoth was wasted and ironed over.

- - - Updated - - -

And C'thun and arguably Yogg-Saron were added in a time when Blizzard was just fiddling around with Old Gods. Especially C'thun. N'Zoth has been built up since Cataclysm and arguably longer.
    My take on this is, since "time moves different in Shadowlands": N'zoth tricks us into beliving we have killed him, we go to Shadowlands, what seems like weeks or months there are Years outside in the real world, we go back, Suprise!, N'zoth survived and he has fucked up Azeroth big time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So? None of them had a azerite fueled world soul weapon used against them either.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    To be fair, those were still imprisoned, and their powers heavy limited. N'zoth has been released in all his power.
    So have we. We're stronger than in Classic/Wrath now and have the Heart of Azeroth helping, plus the legendary cloak, plus we've spent the entire patch researching how to beat N'zoth, plus we finish him with the equivalent of a planetary disintegration beam. We spend a fight exposing his weak spot beforehand. It's not like we just walk over to him and poke him with iron swords until he dies.

5+ Year Old Account

I know N'zoth n Vulpera are part of patch, but mentioning N'zoth n in the next sentence introduce the solution, small critters like Vulpera...I'd rather we get a race such as Mogu, n add Vulpera in a minor patch down the road...

Am I the only one who noticed...a pause...when he was going to say legendary cloak?
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-01-09 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    dude didn't even get a trailer lol
    Can't wait for 6 months from now when it becomes publicly acceptable to concede that 8.3 is a shoo-in patch. No trailer, no new zones, only one set of armor despite there being no warfronts to justify creating only 4 sets, a bunch of mounts are recolors of old ones, N'zoth's conclusion is basically Deathwing all over again.

God I miss 7.3..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    And I was hoping for an old god expansion, a proper black kingdom expansion! i mean a proper one! full on kingdom, instances and raids that are old god themed!
    Like how everyone thought argus would be.
    Well whope expansion would be overkill

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Like how everyone thought argus would be.
    Well whope expansion would be overkill
    Well, the fact is that we got a Legion expansion. Argus as an expansion would only be overkill because it would be a content sequel to Legion.

Black Empire expansion could be just as varied aesthetically as Shadowlands is. Remember, Shadowlands was nothing but spooky ghost afterlife place before, and they finagled 'druidy place, vampire-y place, skeleton-y place and angel-y place' out of that, too.

But honestly, just having Ny'alotha be an open world/WQ zone like Argus would've been a good step forward, already. Not Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms 2.0 featuring Old God spunk.