View Poll Results: ??

Voters
74. This poll is closed
  • I want Ragnaros and similar servers to be disconnected with EN speaking realms

51 68.92%
  • I want Ragnaros and similar servers to not be disconnected with EN speaking realms

23 31.08%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taruk View Post
    Well, there's something called the Atlantic Ocean between NA and EU, with all the logistical and infrastructure issues it presents.

Apart from that, I play characters both in LA and NA servers with the same account. You're telling me that I should pay two separate subscriptions to play in both clusters so don't have to read a few lines everytime you get in a group?
    Dude there's Oceanic servers connected to NA servers right now.
    Austalians have played on NA realms for years before having their own things.
    Most beta servers are NA only and EU people are allowed to play on them as well.

There is not one logistic issue preventing NA and EU from playing together, it can already happen.

I'm not saying you should pay 2 subs, I don't even know where you got that idea from. I'm pointing out the flaw in your argument that because LA realms are connected to NA realms it should stay like this but NA and EU not being connected has no reason to change. I say it should either all be connected or all have their little regional disconnected group, one rule across the board, no double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    My personal opinion, is... F u whoever came with this idea, and F u whoever goes around instant kicking people from those servers, like... you make us not even want to try when we get to play with you guys
    Good, because we don't try with you either. There's a reason why even servers in EU like Chamber of Aspects was renamed to Chamber of Spastics, i'll let you guess why it is.

3+ Year Old Account
    My personal opinion, is... F u whoever came with this idea, and F u whoever goes around instant kicking people from those servers, like... you make us not even want to try when we get to play with you guys
    These servers used to be invited all the time like anyone else. They performed terribly for years and made their own reputation. I did play with some good players from these servers, but that happens so rarely that I can only feel bad for the few who can use a keyboard and mouse correctly while everyone else seems to be using a laptop touchpad with their nose.

And your attitude of purposefully wanting to perform like shit when you group with NA tells me your face is pretty close to your touchpad right now.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree that Oceanic should have their own server cluster, for the same reason NA and EU are separate server clusters, there's an ocean in the middle. That's not true for NA and LA, with LA servers hosted in Mexico.

The thing about subs is that your account is linked to your server cluster, in this case NA. If you want to play in EU, you have to create a new account and pay an extra subscription. The same would go if the separate NA and LA servers. I play both on NA and LA servers, so I would have to pay two subscriptions to keep playing the same characters I do now by paying only one?

I don't care if they are connected. I have tanked random dungeons with people from these servers and I didn't have any more trouble with them than I would with any other random group. At that time if I was running random dungeons, I am glad they were there to fill the queue.

If I'm hosting a pug, I generally just let people in, I'm more interested in how they play and adjust, not their ability to tell me how their day is going.
    That being said, all servers have bad players, but it seems the aforementioned 4 servers here have a disproportionate amount of bad players. There are bad players in every server, but idk what causes this server group to have such a large amount.

Although ironically I'd rate most servers around 50/25/25 for Good/Meh/Awful. For the BR servers, I find it's about 15/85 for godly/fucking awful. Some of the best players I've ever encountered are from Rag or Quel namely and I just dont get it. They join my discord server, I add them as friends, even they can't explain why it seems there are so many bad players.

Our leading theory is the majority of players on these realms stay on the realm, they play within their guilds. If they are pugging they are likely not in a guild for reasons that become obvious when you make the first pull.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they didn't do this is Wrath, there's no way they're going to do it now with 1/5 of the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this isn't constructive at all.
    True, its mostly out of disgust at the topic, as sadly, i have been one of those people that get kicked over and over again whenever i try to do Mythic or Random dungeon just because of my server, even if i were to be the top on DPS, so yeah, this topic is not of my liking, in general, this idea would only make LA queue horrible, forcing people from LA to jump to another NA server, and do you really want whole Ragnaros or Quelthalas to move to an NA server and basically claim it as our own? cause that's what this would do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    These servers used to be invited all the time like anyone else. They performed terribly for years and made their own reputation. I did play with some good players from these servers, but that happens so rarely that I can only feel bad for the few who can use a keyboard and mouse correctly while everyone else seems to be using a laptop touchpad with their nose.

And your attitude of purposefully wanting to perform like shit when you group with NA tells me your face is pretty close to your touchpad right now.
    I'm not saying that i'm purposefully wanting to perform like shit, i'm just saying when you're getting kicked all the time and/or getting insulted before getting kicked, does not make me want to play better

Don't put words in my mouth please

3+ Year Old Account
    I agree that Oceanic should have their own server cluster, for the same reason NA and EU are separate server clusters, there's an ocean in the middle. That's not true for NA and LA, with LA servers hosted in Mexico.

The thing about subs is that your account is linked to your server cluster, in this case NA. If you want to play in EU, you have to create a new account and pay an extra subscription. The same would go if the separate NA and LA servers. I play both on NA and LA servers, so I would have to pay two subscriptions to keep playing the same characters I do now by paying only one?
    Nah, I think it should be just like playing retail and classic on the same sub, select the realm cluster in the drop down menu and play wherever you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Good, because we don't try with you either. There's a reason why even servers in EU like Chamber of Aspects was renamed to Chamber of Spastics, i'll let you guess why it is.
    I know you don't you guys just kick, we don't ever get the chance, nor you

5+ Year Old Account
    I am from Ragnaros, and it's fun to see ppl declining me for a +10 as dps (even if I have a ~1400 r.io on my mage), but insta accepting me on my prot pally, that has a much lower io
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I know you don't you guys just kick, we don't ever get the chance, nor you
    I gave them plenty of years to adjust their shitty behavior, they just don't learn so now they get the boot instantly.

As LA player I must say that we also suffer the BR players that won't even communicate in english. BR have 5 servers in total, more than enough to have their own server cluster. On the other hand, LA has only 3 servers, too few to reach a healthy number of players between the three.

It would be hard to implement, but the best solution IMHO is to give the players the option to configure which languages do they speak so they can only "match" with players with the same configuration. For example, if a BR doesn't select english or spanish as a language they speak, they won't be able to join groups or CR to servers that speak those languages. Same goes for LA players.
    The problem with self selecting is that no reasonably sane human would intentionally self select out of more potential groups. "Oh, I select Spanish and there's no groups. But if I select English I have all the groups." So now you have a potentially worse situation where people who know they don't speak English are identifying they do so they can get groups.

The best solution is to simply form your own group. If you don't want to play with potentially language-restricted players just don't invite people from those servers.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Because it rhymes quite well probably, never had a problem with CoA players myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    As tired as I am of seeing BR scum who refuse to speak or understand english, it'll never happen because Blizzard has to keep up the facade that WoW is healthy and doing great.
    Jesus Christ man. Who hurt you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Trust me... as someone that trades items with people in PoE from Korea you dont want that. They are extremely toxic.

I've heard that for sure - yeah I guess tbh it would be nice to have everyone on their own page: NZ/AUS on their own, KOREA on their own, CH on their own, NA on their own, South America on their own, then a bunch of that in EU, Russia on their own, etc but for now.. NZ/AUS/SouthAmerica/AND North America are all combined when it comes to queuing and that's pretty wild when it comes to being able to speak to people about mechanics, being able to really get a good ping etc

I guess the games ded anyway so what does it matter right ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I've heard that for sure - yeah I guess tbh it would be nice to have everyone on their own page: NZ/AUS on their own, KOREA on their own, CH on their own, NA on their own, South America on their own, then a bunch of that in EU, Russia on their own, etc but for now.. NZ/AUS/SouthAmerica/AND North America are all combined when it comes to queuing and that's pretty wild when it comes to being able to speak to people about mechanics, being able to really get a good ping etc

I guess the games ded anyway so what does it matter right ;D
    To be fair, SA is not the whole LA servers, just to point out.

Heck, as a LA player, i rarely get to play with SA players

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying that i'm purposefully wanting to perform like shit, i'm just saying when you're getting kicked all the time and/or getting insulted before getting kicked, does not make me want to play better

Don't put words in my mouth please
    This isn't really a case of "what came first, the chicken or the egg?"

In the past, LA players were invited like everybody else. Through the years, everyone noticed that the majoriy of LA players were pretty bad, so the things you mention about getting kicked or not invited are a result of that. No one woke up one morning and decided to hate LA players. That reputation was made by LA players in the past (and it continues today, maybe it's not as bad, but it's still very visible). If you want to blame someone for what is happening today, it's LA players, not anyone else.

Sometimes I join groups without caring, and after a bunch of stupid mistakes and wipe caused by the same players I inspect them, oh surprise surprise, a Quel'Thalas tank druid using an intellect staff and gemmed/enchanted/speced incorrectly. Every time it's a LA player pulling the wrong mobs, moving his character all weird, body pulling crap, tab targetting an extra pull, falling off a ledge, going afk without saying a word, lusting on trash, starting the run with 7% durability, wasting a brez on someone on a trash pull with only one mob left almost dead, asking "do u need" for an item that doesn't even has his stats, whatever it is, you name it, there is always a LA player to remind me why I still have to scan server names of everyone before every run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The best solution is to simply form your own group. If you don't want to play with potentially language-restricted players just don't invite people from those servers.
    But as you can see, this is also a problem, it's annoying to do it, and the people on the receiving end are also annoyed by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I am from Ragnaros, and it's fun to see ppl declining me for a +10 as dps (even if I have a ~1400 r.io on my mage), but insta accepting me on my prot pally, that has a much lower io
    Impatience and desperation. People will invite a naked tank affected by the black plague and ebola if it meant starting the run 2 minutes sooner. OH BUT DON'T ASK THEM TO SUMMON YOU THOUGH, THEY WANT THINGS TO GO FAST BUT THEY ARE OUT THERE DOING WQ INSTEAD OF BEING AT THE STONE LIKE THEY SHOULD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    South America has a massive amount of players, and North American servers need their existence to have enough players to do content. The opposite way is also true. If the regular North American servers had enough players to sustain their medium-difficulty pugs (because anyone doing hardcore content has guilds or closed groups / communities), they wouldn't have to deal with the possibility of playing with the South Americans.

It's for the greater benefit of those playerbases that they remain connected.

Also, they usually do know basic English.

They wouldn't use it.
    They wouldn't use it but English speakers would. I find that it helps if someone can translate but most of the time we don't know colloquial terms or abbreviations for non-EN speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Did I said it would?
    Well, you did say: "Brazilians should be on EU"

So of course I would assume that this statement implies that you think it make sense for Brazilians to be moved to EU. But apparently you don't. Good.

However, I agree with you that Latin America should just have their own servers with Portuguese/Spanish as the common languages. Makes sense.