Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Does it seem possible that Iran is willing to give up their ballistic missiles at this point?
    Could you neo-con hawks maybe just stay the fuck out of everyone' else's business? So at least we don't have to listen to you make excuses for why you aren't losing a war for the next 15 years?

Is Iran anywhere near you? No? Then it is none of your fucking business you stupid redneck cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'm willing to bet that Iran missed on purpose. They are trying to give US a chance of backing out because no US personnel was hurt by their attack.
    Yeah could be for sure.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Look, a hornet nest, let me poke it! That will end well.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasimo View Post
    Could you neo-con hawks maybe just stay the fuck out of everyone' else's business? So at least we don't have to listen to you make excuses for why you aren't losing a war for the next 15 years?

Is Iran anywhere near you? No? Then it is none of your fucking business you stupid redneck cunts.
    You seem to be under the impression they want a winnable war with clear, definable objectives. That is not what the industrial military complex wants, it needs unwinnable protracted campaigns with open ended goal and unachievable objectives, so it can just keep going on forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I mean frankly, we've been waiting for Iran to bleed out for years, along with never antagonizing the mythical Iranian populace Megazord, lest they do something about their leadership... some decade.

We should not invade Iran. But they need a hard shove.

We should consider striking the missile launchers that launched this missiles, striking all missile facilities, or striking Iran's oil production capacity and starving the beast further.

We could order their offshore oil rigs to be evacuated, and then destroy them for example.

So far, aside from Soleimani and his entourage, the US hasn't killed Iranians in this. We should keep it that way. Which makes the option of hitting the missile launch sites, appealing, but tricky. How do we do that without doing that? Because if we kill Iranian troops, it is escalation and Iran will target US troops in their follow up. Escalating to de-escalate would require something along the lines of doing something intimidating but relatively bloodless.
    Oh sure I agree. Iran needs to learn it cannot attack American bases to try and shore up their domestic position ( I mean the attacks that preceded the Embassy assault ).

I am sure the US has targets of opportunity ready. It was able to strike Syria without casualties twice.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasimo View Post

Not a neocon which should be pretty obvious, I’m not suggesting a war which should also be obvious, and we do not have rednecks in Denmark in the same way as you see them in the US f.ex, the country is way too small to create such outbacks.

But try reading what you’re replying to, and I’d recommend dropping baseless insults.

Thanks Iran for spending a few million dollars just to poke the sleeping bear, your military strategist must be top in his class.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Thanks Iran for spending a few million dollars just to poke the sleeping bear, your military strategist must be top in his class.
    Lol! Good analogy.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

LOL, I think maybe the assassination of one of their generals was the poke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    LOL, I think maybe the assassination of one of their generals was the poke.
    LOL It maybe the General was a fucking terrorist and responsible for the deaths of many Americans was the poke. Even Warren had to admit he was a fucking terrorist.

The lack of American casualties seems to have beem deliberate

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    For sure. They were absolutely sure when firing ballistic missiles that it was absolutely going to be impossible to hit anyone or anything with people in it because they have perfect accuracy and assets on the ground were actually mind control to avoid the area while missiles were in the air.

Iran. Perfect. Never in the face of all humanity have we see a more perfect war machine lead by people concerned for human life. I am glad they cleared that up for us.

Or maybe because the US knew the missiles were coming shortly before they hit and had time to get themselves to safety.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    For sure. They were absolutely sure when firing ballistic missiles that it was absolutely going to be impossible to hit anyone or anything with people in it because they have perfect accuracy and assets on the ground were actually mind control to avoid the area while missiles were in the air.

Iran. Perfect. Never in the face of all humanity have we see a more perfect war machine lead by people concerned for human life. I am glad they cleared that up for us.
    Your President just assassinated a guy. Last week he pardoned a war criminal so odious his fellow soldiers were weeping when he went free.

Iran is no friend of mine but buddy, the US absolutely does not have the moral high ground here.

This is what happens when you elect a guy who bragged on the electoral trail of committing war crimes. Now you're as bad as the people you claim to despise.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Or maybe because the US knew the missiles were coming shortly before they hit and had time to get themselves to safety.
    Iran did warn the bases before the attack.
    And they have precision missiles.

So...they said the problem isn't with Americans.
    It's with Trump.

I can live with that.

LOL It maybe the General was a fucking terrorist and responsible for the deaths of many Americans was the poke.
    How many Iraqis was Dick Cheney responsible for the deaths of? If Iraq had him assassinated, would that be fine and not provocative?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Your President just assassinated a guy. Last week he pardoned a war criminal so odious his fellow soldiers were weeping when he went free.

Iran is no friend of mine but buddy, the US absolutely does not have the moral high ground here.

This is what happens when you elect a guy who bragged on the electoral trail of committing war crimes. Now you're as bad as the people you claim to despise.
    You do bad mean other side good. Me smart. Me smart.

That's how your post came off to me. Prove me wrong.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-08 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    You do bad mean other side good. Me smart. Me smart.

That's how your post came off to me. Prove me wrong.
    I think you're falsely assuming that my criticism of another country's appalling behaviour is intended to make my own look good.

It's not, I'm just calling out something obviously despicable. And a bad plan that's going to lead to more disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    This matches what their top diplomat said in public last night. They at least claimed they didn't want to escalate.

My concern is the "off the books" retaliation. Like, in March or April when Iran says "Whaaaaaaat? A bomb went off in XXX and it killed a bunch of people, including a few Americans? Perhaps if you hadn't made so many enemies things like this that couldn't possibly be traced back to us wouldn't happen?" followed by an Alfred E. Newman grin/shrug.

Iran is many things, but most of them are not idiots. If a straight-up one-on-one toe-to-toe fight happened, Iran would fare slightly better than Iraq or Afghanistan. Which is why they won't engage in one. $5 worth of rubles says some of their men are in Russia right now, clarifying the rules as to what Iran can do before Russia won't back them.

Imagine the state of the US right now, where I'm taking the side of Iran over it.

It's fucking IRAN. When you're in a room with a despotic theocracy with a litany of human rights abuses and YOU'RE the asshole? Holy shit.