Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And somehow, you typed out all those words, without saying ANYTHING about the topic at hand. Interesting.
    emm... yeah? because I have nothing to add to the topic, yet it is precisely huth who throw some bullshit you can't even explain to the original poster?

I don't think it can be. Perhaps if the IP were sold to Tencent?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    1. Fire Ion. There has always been criticism towards company's management, some constructive, some not, but Ion has got to be the one that is universally disliked.
    Yeah right. Nobody who has ever held the title of lead developer on WoW has ever been universally liked. People hated Tom Chilton after GC left. People hated GC after Kaplan and Pardo passed the torch. "Fire Ion" is one of the least effective suggestions I see frequently posted on this forum because, guess what. Whomever takes Ion's place is going to make decisions that by virtue of the fact that nobody will ever please 100% of people, will upset some segment of the playerbase who will inevitably accuse that person of "destroying the game."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I don't think it can be. Perhaps if the IP were sold to Tencent?

As painfully cynical as this statement is... it... actually might happen at some point.

Remove most of the features brought in during and after Cata.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    they already did it with classic

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    emm... yeah? because I have nothing to add to the topic, yet it is precisely huth who throw some bullshit you can't even explain to the original poster?
    You mean that you failed to read correctly and consequently couldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which just goes to prove my point. You're treating an impersonal business relationship as a personal relationship.

No, Blizzard doesn't need to provide you with something that will interest you, because they don't care about you personally. They are a business which has to make money, and will therefore strive to provide something that appeals to a large group of people, with no particular concern over whether you specificially are part of that group.

You can do that. But you really shouldn't, and you'll just get disappointed if you do. But hey, it's your life you're fucking up.
    You're really naive. The first thing you're teached when you work and have a job, is the client has more rights than you. They are the ones investing in your company. Blizzard or any company without clients are a bankruptcy company. If you pay for something you have all the right to receive the same portion of fun as you payed for to have. Many times you pay a subscription for months that they make you pay for a mount and don't give you good content over those months:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...et-a-new-mount

Same goes for any kind of thing you buy on a store, if something is not working, you have the right to take it back, ask the money back or replace it.

In blizzard they outmarket you with promises and then deliver nothing. Just the mount you bought and pay for months where you do nothing in the game itself. I will start taking this as a personal attack to my own money and don't give them anything instead of making a ticket and say "i want my money back".

It SHOULD be in their best interest to make things interesting. And we are on our right to want that.

As i said it's not ideas on a forum that will save that. Needs to be aknowledge by them, and people defending this marketing doesn't make it feel any better.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-10 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    You're really naive. The first thing you're teached when you work and have a job, is the client has more rights than you. They are the ones investing in your company. Blizzard or any company without clients are a bankruptcy company. If you pay for something you have all the right to receive the same portion of fun as you payed for to have. Many times you pay a subscription for months that they make you pay for a mount and don't give you good content over those months:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...et-a-new-mount
    Teached. Honestly, if you are going to use the word "teached" I would hold off trying to educate anyone.

Your logic is horribly flawed and not supported by any case law or previous situations. It is impossible to put a dollar value on something that is subjective, so you are not "entitled" to anything other than what they promise - access to the servers.

Blizzard has never "made" anyone pay for a mount, don't be so pathetic. It is a choice made by an individual and the value is very clear.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-01-10 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Teached. Honestly, if you are going to use the word "teached" I would hold off trying to educate anyone.

Your logic is horribly flawed and not supported by any case law or previous situations. It is impossible to put a dollar value on something that is subjective, so you are not "entitled" to anything other than what they promise - access to the servers.

Blizzard has never "made" anyone pay for a mount, don't be so pathetic. It is a choice made by an individual and the value is very clear.
    To be a professional you are in a constant learning. Depending also where you work and how. Marketing is a constant learning as every person needs to know what interests the world at the present in order to make them pay for it.

And my logic isn't terrible, and you attack just everyone to have a conversation or whatever that is, putting your "points" and "facts", just like how i have seen many times and win arguments over a forum for me has literal no satisfaction as i always instead "explain myself" to people like you when i shouldn't even do it.

I want to have issues with blizzard? I will do.
    Even if i want to be dramatic, i will be.
    If i care for the money i sweat to have, i will.

And it's not a random person on a forum that will tell me otherwise. Go call pathetic someone else.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-10 at 02:42 AM.

God... you know the problem isn't the game itself. If it was still the same game systems wise that we had in wrath, i think everyone would be happily playing it.

My problem is the curent dev team. They break things without anyone asking for it. Legion class revamps were uncalled for, classes were mostly fine. Just why?! Complex gearing systems, why?! Why must i have gear, titanforged gear, warforged gear, benthic gear, random gem gear artifact gear, corrupted gear, ap grind, essence grind, etc. It's too much. Devs are literally out of control. Stop it! Just regular loot drops with fixed gem slots and badge system. End of. No more crap systems on top. If you want to add more stuff it has to be something in a vendor that isn't gambling!

Basically the whole F2P gambling mentality in a sub game.
    Man, its difficult to say, but i really wish for a new dev team or for the present one to lose the arrogance and roll things back to an era before they broke everything.
    Also merge servers big time. Sharding sucks, people appearing and disappearing from thin air sucks. Make super servers so we can have communities again.

It's funny, to improve the game, we need to revert all the mistakes done. Return of 10 man raiding too and stop making encounters with 50 mechanics. Break addons and make visually clear encounters. No one has time to study for raids.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-01-10 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    They need to make me think it's worth the time investment to do things. Catch up mechanics for instance completely makes current gearing content just feel like a waste of time.
    If you are playing WoW to gear up your toon and /flex in OG/SW/Whatever you are doing it wrong. Its not PoE or Diablo.

No cross realm systems apart from BGs and Arena, maybe LFR if that’s to stay.
    No unlimited flying, make flying a 3 minute per 60 minutes thing- stacking up to 6 minutes if you didn’t spend your time en the previous hour. Alternatively have flying replenish itself by a rate of 3 seconds per minute. Flying is supposed to be a quick transport option from A to B, not A to B to C to D to E to F To G... It ruins the immersion to the world by making it less dangerous and player density goes down a lot.
    Make the world dangerous and hard again, nowdays... even as a freshly leveled charachter you can pull 10+ mobs and kill them in seconds without being in any danger. Our characters have become way too strong compared to the world.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    You're really naive.
    No, i actually studied that stuff. And you know what? The first thing you get taught is bookkeeping. And that you need to do cost-benefit analyses, not just accede to every customer demand. A company that needs to spend more on each client than it makes off them is just as, if not more, bankrupt as one that doesn't have any.

You, on the other hand, seem to have absolutely no idea how companies operate and just spew out the old, ridiculous "the customer is king" nonsense.
    Yeah, no. The customer is only king if he's also willing to pay like one. You aren't, so you're not getting the treatment, either.

Nor do you seem to have paid any attention to what you're actually paying for. Blizzard is delivering as promised, so you have no title to demand anything from them.

It SHOULD be in their best interest to make things interesting.
    To the most profitable group of customers. Has it ever occured to you that this may not include you?

For somebody calling others naive, you're showing a rather worrying lack of knowledge beyond pop culture half-truths.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    No cross realm systems apart from BGs and Arena, maybe LFR if that’s to stay.
    No unlimited flying, make flying a 3 minute per 60 minutes thing- stacking up to 6 minutes if you didn’t spend your time en the previous hour. Alternatively have flying replenish itself by a rate of 3 seconds per minute. Flying is supposed to be a quick transport option from A to B, not A to B to C to D to E to F To G... It ruins the immersion to the world by making it less dangerous and player density goes down a lot.
    Make the world dangerous and hard again, nowdays... even as a freshly leveled charachter you can pull 10+ mobs and kill them in seconds without being in any danger. Our characters have become way too strong compared to the world.
    I agree with this a lot actually, if retail's open world difficulty was a bit similar to classic I would be playing it a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    God... you know the problem isn't the game itself. If it was still the same game systems wise that we had in wrath, i think everyone would be happily playing it.

My problem is the curent dev team. They break things without anyone asking for it. Legion class revamps were uncalled for, classes were mostly fine. Just why?! Complex gearing systems, why?! Why must i have gear, titanforged gear, warforged gear, benthic gear, random gem gear artifact gear, corrupted gear, ap grind, essence grind, etc. It's too much. Devs are literally out of control. Stop it! Just regular loot drops with fixed gem slots and badge system. End of. No more crap systems on top. If you want to add more stuff it has to be something in a vendor that isn't gambling!

Basically the whole F2P gambling mentality in a sub game.
    Man, its difficult to say, but i really wish for a new dev team or for the present one to lose the arrogance and roll things back to an era before they broke everything.
    Also merge servers big time. Sharding sucks, people appearing and disappearing from thin air sucks. Make super servers so we can have communities again.

It's funny, to improve the game, we need to revert all the mistakes done. Return of 10 man raiding too and stop making encounters with 50 mechanics. Break addons and make visually clear encounters. No one has time to study for raids.
    Do you really think that if the game hadn't changed from how it was over an entire fucking decade ago that everybody would be happily playing it? This is the kind of backwards thinking I see plastered all across this forum and it always baffles the shit out of me. Gaming has change a lot in 10 years and there's nothing to indicate to me that the solution is as simple as "going back" to what worked when WoW was at peak popularity. The reality is that MMOs had a boom that peaked somewhere during the time of Wrath and everything since has been life support for the genre. WoW has, against literally all odds, somehow managed to keep itself afloat despite the shift away from the genre. A lot of the systems that are so universally complained about on this forum are likely the exact reason that the game is still around. I don't like a lot of them any more than anybody else but, fuck. I'd rather have a WoW to play than nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    But .. but .. but .. didn't fanatics claim that classic has more players than retail and that it's doing a lot better?
    If we go by streamers, Classic is indeed doing a lot better. But the expansion will bring hype and people may just move on to the next big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Do you really think that if the game hadn't changed from how it was over an entire fucking decade ago that everybody would be happily playing it? This is the kind of backwards thinking I see plastered all across this forum and it always baffles the shit out of me. Gaming has change a lot in 10 years and there's nothing to indicate to me that the solution is as simple as "going back" to what worked when WoW was at peak popularity. The reality is that MMOs had a boom that peaked somewhere during the time of Wrath and everything since has been life support for the genre. WoW has, against literally all odds, somehow managed to keep itself afloat despite the shift away from the genre. A lot of the systems that are so universally complained about on this forum are likely the exact reason that the game is still around. I don't like a lot of them any more than anybody else but, fuck. I'd rather have a WoW to play than nothing at all.
    I agree that the game would not continue with their peek numbers regardless of what they did to the game. However when WoW has lost most players from one side of the spectrum(anecdotal evidence), I think its because the game is drifting in one specific direction that does not resonate with these players. If the game simply got boring, I think WoW would have lost players from all "spectrums".

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Remove LFR
    2. Remove TF
    3. Fire Ion
    4. Fire the entire systems team
    5. Fire the writers

Thats just a start but the game would already become better than anything in recent years

I really enjoy tradeskills in FFXIV, specifically when you can craft transmog gear from old dungeons and raids. I would appreciate something like this on WoW so you don't have to farm for weeks/months for a full transmog set.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    1. Remove LFR
    2. Remove TF
    3. Fire Ion
    4. Fire the entire systems team
    5. Fire the writers

Thats just a start but the game would already become better than anything in recent years
    1. LFR-improvements/Mythic-dungeons/Timewalking/WQ were introduced to counter the low WoD player numbers with SUCCESS
    2. TF was introduced in LEGION, it brought back not only many players but the participation over the whole expansion broke their own statistics, a full SUCCESS
    3. - 5. ?

The last 2 expansions from team A and B were a huge success compared to WoD and previous expansions. Why would a company fire both expansion teams when they not only delivered but they made players come back and play the game for longer as ever before?

Its allright if you dont like the game, but if they improved the player numbers BACK2BACK for TWO expansions, they clearly know what the majority of the players want from this game.

Strongly opinionated people clearly don't know-it-all.

If you want to see how it works out if blizzards listens to the LOUD community, look at Classic's long given up content rollout plan - DEVs in pure panic mode. If you are looking for a meme to describe the rapid decline of classics community the - THIS IS FINE *EVERYTHING IS BURNING* - it is.
    -