Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

8.3 looks damn sweet

glancing over all these previews on the front page makes me excited for next week.

it's looking to be a damn fun patch with a new mage tower to progress, a massive raid and end-of-expansion-secondary-stat-values make every spec more fun to play.

Champs? I think we might be in for a treat!

These days you're not allowed to be excited for anything WoW related.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

You are CLEARLY an anti-Dave!

Honestly I'll devour anything Old God.

I've not dove into spoilers overly much as a result this time. So I get to go in a little fresh. I'll have fun.

Looking forward to trying those visions though.

This is CLEARLY a Blizz employee!

Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    This is CLEARLY a Blizz employee!
    Man, if it were that easy to become one...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Holy crap, he's got three alts going to argue and agree with himself.

I'm not sure if it's a crappy attempt at social engineering or they are just lonely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    ...a new mage tower to progress...
    Where are you getting that from?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    glancing over all these previews on the front page makes me excited for next week.

it's looking to be a damn fun patch with a new mage tower to progress, a massive raid and end-of-expansion-secondary-stat-values make every spec more fun to play.

Champs? I think we might be in for a treat!
    What are these positive vibes? Not on my MMOChamp! /s
    I'm optimistic for this patch, did some ptr testing of corruption and my napkin math has never been so rampant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Where are you getting that from?
    Horrific visions or thorgast

and only 42 weeks to max out your cloak IF you can get rank 15 in 1 week, if you can't then its 42 weeks+x to get the max 125 corruption resistance, sure u don't need to max it, N'zoth will go down to method without anyone having any resistance i bet but the fact there is 42 weeks of resistance upgrades is quite silly, by then time you hit 125 shadowlands will drop and boom u don't really get anytime with it maxed. should shorten this to 20 weeks imo get some time with it maxed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Please don't spread misinformation Visions is nowhere close to being on par with Mage Tower.

You can be excited but new patch but don't try to hype it up by being hyperbolic.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

8.3 looks like as if they have no budget to create new world content anymore. The only new assets are in the raid.

Outside of that raid there is only world quests in reused regions, and the assaults. Everything else was forgotten. Be it crafting, pet battles, be it new pvp content.

In fights there are only already existent models, and no new boss mobs, exvept in the raid.

Raids, raids, raids. Dungeons, dungeons, dujngeons.

It is not "World of Warcraft" in 8.3, but "instanced content of warcraft".
    Last edited by shaggawoolin; 2020-01-10 at 06:13 AM.

It looks like garbage. More grind and more RNG...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    8.3 looks like as if they have no budget to create new world content anymore. The only new assets are in the raid.
    There are new assets in the vale uldum and then stormwind and org as well as where ever the quest line is taking stuff.

If you mean there reusing raid assets then that’s the norm and has been since tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There are new assets in the vale uldum and then stormwind and org as well as where ever the quest line is taking stuff.

If you mean there reusing raid assets then that’s the norm and has been since tbc.
    No, there is no new questing region for world quests and world content in general anymore.

Seems blizzard thinks they do not have to put any effort into new regions anymore.

Raiders get an all new raid with new assets and bosses, but the majority of players who play world content get reused uldum.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    No, there is no new questing region for world quests and world content in general anymore.

Seems blizzard thinks they do not have to put any effort into new regions anymore.

Raiders get an all new raid with new assets and bosses, but the majority of players who play world content get reused uldum.
    They already added 2 new areas which is about on par with other expacs. MOP added 1, WoD added 1, Legion technically added 3 but they were considered one piece really. And BFA added 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    They already added 2 new areas which is about on par with other expacs. MOP added 1, WoD added 1, Legion technically added 3 but they were considered one piece really. And BFA added 2.
    Well, actually it seems to me they massively lower effort for open world content.

And invest all that is left into raids. The big epic raid seems to consume all resources in BFA 8.3. They already made that mistake in WOD, and it failed. They should learn from their mistakes. But they do not.

It should be the world content in "World of Warcraft" they focus on. And the raid should be derived from world assets. Not the other way around.

I know, blizzard can do better. They just have to reconsider their attitudes. 8.3 is going to flop massively, as there is just nothing new to do for people who do not play raids. The time gated cloak content is a joke. And world quests look like hasty implemented into regions never created for them.

It really seems as if they had taken existing regions, phased out the old NPCs, and just added new NPCs, some quests and some generic loveless implemented rewards to give people something unfun to do.

I wonder what happened blizzard forgot about their quality mission.
    Last edited by shaggawoolin; 2020-01-10 at 06:29 AM.