Poll: Burning Crusade in 2021?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Wrong. A quick burst of millions of subs is a huge quarterly profit increase, which all investors want to see. Expect BC and WotLK launches during specific quarters (roughly two years apart) that the beancounters were otherwise predicting a massive drop in reveune (the beancounters know best, and they never even played the game).
    If you don't think sustainability matters to Blizzard in a subscription based video game then I don't know what to tell you. Bursts in subscribers are great but the game keeps itself in business with consistent subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I think I fell for some linkbait.

Announcement in 2020. Release end 2022. Blizzard milk classic for all it's worth before CBC is released.
    Why do they have to stop milking it? All they'd do is make new servers and keep Classic Vanilla up and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If you don't think sustainability matters to Blizzard in a subscription based video game then I don't know what to tell you. Bursts in subscribers are great but the game keeps itself in business with consistent subscriptions.
    Sustainabilty is a concern of retail; quarterly burst is a three-trick pony (classic/bc/wrath)

I am conifdent that even in 2 years when we are playing on TBC servers. People will still say wotlk isnt happening.

They have all the old code from TBC onwards. And the integration of bnet/other changes they to classic, would likely be copy/paste to a tbc client.

TBC will happend, so will Wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Sustainabilty is a concern of retail; quarterly burst is a three-trick pony (classic/bc/wrath)
    If additional bursts in subscribers were a no-brainer, as you suggest, we would've heard about it at BlizzCon. We didn't.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I think I fell for some linkbait.

Announcement in 2020. Release end 2022. Blizzard milk classic for all it's worth before CBC is released.
    End 2022 99% will be 10.0 launch. Of course it's bait thread that suggest OP has some info, but BC for 2021 is solid prediction.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the only thing that this thread confirms is that visualdave is an alt account of secretagent

launch your own game, guys
    without this experience you don't know shit 100%

BC and WotLK are great tools to boost numbers
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2020-01-12 at 09:37 AM.
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

After holidays EU servers are back on full/high. So dead right? :9

Naxx fall 2020. I still think stretching it out into so many phases was a crappy move, but I suppose business wise it’s smarter.

If they didn’t split it so much I’d probably play it occasionally. Feels like a waste of time until all content is out.

TBC Fall 2021. 99% likely. They want to keep an active secondary game and classic will be dead by then. Shadowlands will be finishing up. Good timing.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-01-12 at 09:44 AM.

WoW is a subscription game and as such temporary bumps in player subscriptions aren't always the best indication of quality. Sustainability is far more important to Blizzard than a quick burst of millions of subscribers. If Blizzard was satisfied with simply the temporary surge that Classic brought to the game, I'm sure we would have heard them announce additional expansions at BlizzCon. Instead, we heard barely anything. To me, that tells me that they're still very concerned with how well Classic trends six-months-plus out and do not want to commit to additional products until they know that there's a reliable, easily sustainable audience for the content.
    I'd say TBC is in a much higher demand than Classic, the game was much more fleshed out, PvP is light years ahead, classes play better, the raids are pretty much iconic. Classic demand was a mix of nostalgia and people jumping on the bandwagon because they heard Vanilla was so good (which, in some aspects, it was).

I just hope that if they do release TBC, they omit Sunwell, the patch was just a shitfest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sustainability is far more important to Blizzard than a quick burst of millions of subscribers.
    For the main game yes. Due to continuous high DEV costs.
    For something like Classic? Absolutely not. If the spike covers the initial DEV costs and makes them a tidy profit -> all is well.

You didn't hear anything at Blizzcon because it was still relatively fresh. Way too soon to announce anything. Lets wait till next Blizzcon until most of Classics content is out and the game is nearing it's conclusion.

Considering that they have better backups of TBC data than early classic data and considering that they worked out most of the system related problems with Classic's creation, I too think TBC servers are not a question of "IF" rather a question of "WHEN". Re-deploying TBC would be a lot cheaper for them than classic was.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the hardest clickbait title ive seen on a forum. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I'd say TBC is in a much higher demand than Classic, the game was much more fleshed out, PvP is light years ahead, classes play better, the raids are pretty much iconic.
    What playergroup demands TBC servers? The one from Classic that did manage to play 5d /played in 2 months just to quit halfway through leveling?

If you want harder dungeon, flying and dead WPVP, with endless raid attunement and lots of reputation farming you can just play retail and get at least some QoL changes aswell.

The only unique thing TBC had, was its broken crafting system that outmatched multiple tiers of raidgear. Blizzard made sure that this stupid mistake was never repeated over the years, because giving the players the equivalent of 1.5 years of gearprogression with just crafting in the first weeks of the expansion was not really smart.

TBC is easy the worst expansion of all and I played a beyond broken shadow priest (mana battery) with tailoring/enchanting in a raidguild that did what everyone else was doing - stacked shadowpriests/used boss strategys for SP minmax. Thats my experience on the sunniest side of PVE in the history of this game.

And lets not forget gems from TBC, like 360° melee cleave from everything everywhere, great experience for melee DPS.
    TANKING when you have to FORCE your healpaladins to TANK for easier progression.
    HEALING when you watch shadowpriests offhealing more than you ever could while keeping your own mana bar full.

TBC was great if you know it from youtube videos. TBC was pretty awfull in comparison to everything if you played it.
    -

I truly believe that they will release TBC and WoTLK as these were much loved expansion by many people who played WoW for the years of these being around. I never got to play actual vanilla WoW but classic has been fantastic to go back and do content how it was meant to be done instead of how retail WoW now works.

Classic is going well and they will like to keep there sub numbers up as Shadowlands is on the release aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Finally an older version of the game I actually like. I hope you're right.

I doubt they would do this because it would piss off the “only want vanilla” players. Unless the make it a separate game as well, but then you’re spreading out your player base again.

It will happen at the end of 2021 or early 2022 imho.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Won't happen. Classic already dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    It is an extremely stupid idea to waste resource on dead games, instead of improving current game.
    After Christmas/New Year small downfall we literally got almost 50ppl signed for todays raid. That is the highest number of people wanted to raid we ever had even without inving many new trials. Yeah - Classic is dead for sure.

I would love to have a priviledge to report these kind of posts as they are spreading lies.
    It would be so much fun to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? I thought the whole point for Classic was to stay classic.

At what point would they just be competing with themselves.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bait title, but I'd prefer TBC over Classic tbh.