Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Changing from "slap" to "punch" does nothing to nullify the fact that using that phrase instantly invalidates your argument.
    Just popped in to reiterate this.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    DING DING DING

Tell me why Ashbringer should be Paladin only and Warglaives should be for everyone who is using sword? How is it fair that DH should share their iconic class weapon with others ?
    Presumably because the Warglaives of Azzinoth whilst being iconic to Demon Hunters have never been exclusively tied to them, having a lot of history in-game with Rogues and Warriors. A lot of people dislike warglaives in general being exclusively tied to Demon Hunters for similar reasons, it's a type of weapon that features prominently amongst a lot of Troll and Elven culture.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tell me why Ashbringer should be Paladin only and Warglaives should be for everyone who is using sword? How is it fair that DH should share their iconic class weapon with others ?
    Because the corrupted ashbringer (vanilla) was removed in patch 3.0.2. And existing ashbringer was reintroduced as a paladin only artifact item. Anyone who has the item removed in 3.0 can actually transmog it. Warglaives of Azzinoth are still obtainable to this day and are able to be equipped by certain classes. They have even added classes to who can equip them long after they were useful as items. It is only fair that those who can equip it can transmog it. The same rules for every other legendary item should be applied.

Fair is fair. If you can equip a legendary it should be able to be used in transmog. It doesn't matter how iconic or fitting it is for one class over another. If you are are allowed to equip it you should be allowed to use its model.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Maybe Blizzard should've just added a HD Warglaives of Azzinoth skin for the Havoc DH artifact back in Legion like they did Thunderfury for rogues. B^)

DING DING DING

Because demon hunters don't need to grind for it or anything. They just need to run BT timewalking and boom they have it. It's fucking stupid.

You mean rogues only if they killed Illidan during BC ? Because if not then you might as well give it to monk/dks
    and hunters

I was waiting for this complaint.

Relax, kiddo.

With regards of Non-DHs using Warglaives:

They are used fairly often in Troll and Elven culture, and are by no means a DH only weapon. Not only should all classes, who can wear them, being able to transmog those specific glaives, in addition, Rogues, Hunters, Warriors, Shamans and Deathknights should be able to wear glaives generally.
    Last edited by josykay; 2020-01-14 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    But I can equip them manually by other classes still. Their weapon type wasn't changed. Which is why this is incredibly unfair to everyone that farmed like crazy for them. DHs just have to do the BT timewalking and get it for free.
    No.. Demon Hunters need to either have the warglaives themselves, or that a character on your account has them (both on the same char so that the FoS is triggered IIRC), and then after that is achieved they have to first wait for the right timewalking week and then successfully drag a pug through BT, which will consist of 20 demon hunters and no healers, _in that order_ and then they get the glaive transmog.
    Last edited by Wries; 2020-01-14 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like DHs can already use them as xmog from BT TW... oooh right, they can.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they did this with tier sets too and didn't make look-a-likes for everyone to be able to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the amount of people in here defending this bullshit is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Imagine, 10 years from now, when you're an adult and life has actual consequences and your time has tangible heft...and you remember back to that day you got really, really upset over this stupid shit.
    I just turned 40 and this is fucking asinine and I have been complaining about it elsewhere (as have a lot of other people). Its pure arbitrary bullshit, plain and simple.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    But I can equip them manually by other classes still. Their weapon type wasn't changed. Which is why this is incredibly unfair to everyone that farmed like crazy for them. DHs just have to do the BT timewalking and get it for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Ashbringer was obtainable by anyone who ran original Naxx and could wield two-handed swords.
    Corrupted Ashbringer and Ashbringer are very different.

Nothing is being taken away from you by continuing to not allow you to mog the glaives. You couldn't mog any legendaries until now, but instead of being happy you get access to all the others, people are pissed they still don't have access to one super shitty one that looks terrible and is limited to the only class that could actually utilize them and not look awful while doing so.

And DHs don't "get it for free", they need to have the FoS on a character on their account, meaning they need to farm the Glaives, then clear BT timewalking which, well, is always a massive mess that goes poorly 90% of the time, especially now that the initial rush and interest is over. After week one most pugs I had shit the bed in that place. DHs have to put in more work for this mog than we do for any other legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Wow, the amount of people in here defending this bullshit is absurd.

I just turned 40 and this is fucking asinine and I have been complaining about it elsewhere (as have a lot of other people). Its pure arbitrary bullshit, plain and simple.
    I know you think you just shone yourself in a particular light, but it wasn't;t really the light you were going for.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you think you just shone yourself in a particular light, but it wasn't;t really the light you were going for.
    I really don't give too shits less how people see me, and your half-assed wannabe dig at me means dick all too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Nothing is being taken away from you by continuing to not allow you to mog the glaives. You couldn't mog any legendaries until now, but instead of being happy you get access to all the others, people are pissed they still don't have access to one super shitty one that looks terrible and is limited to the only class that could actually utilize them and not look awful while doing so.
    So if it is "super shitty" and "looks terrible" why is it a big deal if others can transmog the iconic weapon? Something doesn't compute here. You can't both insult an item while praising it as iconic and worthy of restrictions. They are losing the ability to transmog a legendary they can equip. Something that is being given to everyone else with all of the other Legendary weapons. Yet only one is being given extra restrictions.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-01-14 at 05:17 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So if it is "super shitty" and "looks terrible" why is it a big deal if others can transmog the iconic weapon? Something doesn't compute here. You can't both insult an item while praising it as iconic and worthy of restrictions. They are losing the ability to transmog a legendary they can equip. Something that is being given to everyone else with all of the other Legendary weapons. Yet only one is being given extra restrictions.

This is on top of classes that couldn't obtain a legendary like Dragonwrath, now being able to transmog to it because they can equip a staff. So this isn't even about "preserving" the spirit of legendaries.
    Just to update you: according to WoWhead, this is no longer the case.

To transmog legendaries, even the ones that have no class restriction/requirement on the item, you have to be a class that was able to start the quest to get the legendary initially. It's a fairly recent change.

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    I really don't give too shits less how people see me, and your half-assed wannabe dig at me means dick all too.
    Cool, man you do you. I'll do me.

Be as angry as you want over something really, really stupid.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Cool, man you do you. I'll do me.

Be as angry as you want over something really, really stupid.
    Your sig makes this really funny to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Your sig makes this really funny to me.
    As a person that has hated Trump for many years before his presidency but doesn't suffer from TDS, I agree! lol