Assaults confusion

Maybe because I have been overly busy this week, but I am a little confused on the Assaults, so I would like a little clarification if possible.

The actual assault where you fill the bar and get the Cache is only done once per week.
    The dailies can be done every day (ofc).
    The coffer where you need 6 relics to open can be done once per day/week? This one I don't get, plus are there chances the rewards from these can give you corrupted gear.
    And my understanding is that visions are supposed to give corrupted gear after each run, but haven't and are broken (could be a reason for the extended maintenance on a Saturday).

Are there any other ways to get coalescing essences besides the dailies, assaults, and just grinding events and small caches?

Visions are not supposed to have a 100% droprate for gear and the main source for coalescing visions is the daily minor vision.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2020-01-18 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    And my understanding is that visions are supposed to give corrupted gear after each run, but haven't and are broken (could be a reason for the extended maintenance on a Saturday).
    That one was clarified:
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...sions-rewards/

1) There's a big assault done once per week, this week it was in Vale (at least on US, it might vary per region I don't actually know) and it rewards one of the items that allows you to go into the Horrific Visions, it also can drop a piece of gear. Then there are two minor assaults, this week in Uldum, that reset on Tuesday and Friday, these reward 5500 Coalescing Visions, some war resources, and have a chance to drop a piece of gear. I'm guessing it alternates, so next week the major assault will be in Uldum and the two minor ones will take place in Vale, but I guess it could just be random.

2) Dailies are daily indeed

3) This I'm not actually sure of, I think that you can open multiple coffers per week as long as you get 6 relics, but I guess I've only gotten 6 relics once and haven't noticed more dropping, could be RNG or there could be a limit. Hopefully someone else knows. I imagine gear from them can corrupt though, it's my understanding that all gear this patch is capable of corrupting just like all gear previously could titanforge.

4) I don't think that's accurate. The visions give loot once per week per "difficulty" you run them on. So if all you do is go in and kill Thrall you'll get a 420 piece, and then if you go in again and only kill Thrall again you won't get any loot. However, if the second time you go in you clear two of the minor areas (not sure what these are actually called, but the bonus areas that aren't super hard) as well as Thrall you'll get a 430 piece. If you go in a third time and only clear two minor areas and Thrall again you won't get anything, but if you clear the entire thing you'll get a 445 piece. And it continues scaling like that. I imagine their reasoning is if they gave you a piece every single time you cleared it you'd end up with a crazy amount of gear after a few weeks of doing it, especially because it can give gear up to 470 ilvl, I don't think they want people getting multiple 470 pieces a week from there.

As for other ways to get coalescing essences all you can really do is your dailies for 400 a day, the two minor assaults each week for 11000 total, and your daily N'zoth vision for 1000 a day. Any more than that you'd have to basically grind while inside the N'zoth vision which seems like a massive waste of time and can't possibly be worthwhile unless your favorite thing in the world is grinding mobs.

Ok, cool. Thanks all for the replies, I appreciate it.