Poll: Transmog or no transmog?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    Hey guys, so i know transmog is extremely popular but in an ideal game would u want transmog to be a feature or not
    I'd want collecting to be a feature

pros of no transmog are basically the rarity of certain pieces and the meaning it gives it. we would know when someone was a badass ciz of their gear like on OSRS and vanilla tbc wotlk. you could tell what the pieces were.
    True, back then I looked at peoples gear but today I don't give a fuck and it has nothing to do with transmog, I just stopped giving a fuck what other players looked like, it serves me no purpose.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

im not arguing to remove it, im saying in an IDEAL GAME, which means in other words NOT WOW, would you have transmog as a feature? i see pros and cons
    An ideal game would recognize that there is no "pro" to restricting gear appearances. There is no benefit to it, at all. Feel free to present one that doesnt also exist in a game with transmog. You're still able to show off the hardest-to-obtain gear in games with transmog. All tying gear to stats does is restrict character customization, for no reason.

Imagine if every high-level Overwatch player was restricted to using the Mariachi skin for Reaper because it had the best stats. Only leveling players get to use the Plague Doctor skin. That would suck. I don't want to look stupid just because my levels tells me I have to.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2020-01-11 at 10:21 PM.

i mean more like it gave people motivation to play and get good and etc..
    Here's the thing though. That armor from the current raid on the highest difficulty is still only available from that place exclusively. So you can still treat it as a badge of honor, or whatever.

Transmog existing or not existing does not impact this so if this is motivation to not have it, then you're firing in the wrong direction. If you wanted to actually achieve what you're saying, then you would have to make the old raids not soloable, or somehow permanently relevant. Not being able to transmog that old gear doesn't change anything, since you can just, you know, wear it...

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    What do you mean value and badass factor is gone? Mogging isn't just getting free gear, you have to actually obtain what you want to mog into... Nothing is lost whatsoever.

What is 'lost' is your ability to pick a weaker target or avoid a much stronger one based on their equipped gear alone in pvp...
    Basically, people who pay attention to transmog instead of HP total to measure ilvl are setting themselves up for failure.