Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are players out there who got hate every race except the race they play.

The general consensus seems to be that they look ugly outside of their heritage armor, which I can't help but agree with, but can't think of how to resolve the issue.

Do you think if clothes overlayed the gear portions except the hands and feet it might look better? (currently it strips off the whole arm and leg, creating "diaper gnome syndrome" with the pants)

I think it'd go a long way to convincing me they can look cool if people could make some mechagnome transmogs. I had to dig around for the right shade of purple in my transmogs, but eventually I got my nightborne to look badass outside of heritage armor (and I'm partial to the occasional silly one like the striped neon green cloth set)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-01-12 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'd argue the vulpera are getting it far worse.

if you like playing a gnome you should be used to the vitriol of others by now, ignore them and be the best you.
    Vulpera is a popular race though. Saying Vulpera is getting it worse is like saying blood elves get bullied more. Blood elves get bullied more on virtue of how much many more of them there are and discussion surrounding them, but when you take into consideration the ratio of aggressors to fans, Mechagnomes are getting it way worse by a landslide. Fans of Gilgoblins also arguable have it worlds worse because of being overshadowed by Vulpera related stuff.

So not shilling=being toxic? Horde get a brand new race while we get a fucking reskinned model of one of the least played race in the game. Fair deal ey?

There are Mechagnome fans?

If they'd given them metal faces, I'd understand it. That would have looked cool, like Mimiron. I'd be down with that.

But this gnome face and robot body? Worst of both worlds. It would be like having a mermaid be just a fish with human hands and feet.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They are quite vicious on Reddit.
    Reddit is always vicious about everything - I got crapped on by thousands of people in a suicide help subredit 10 years ago.

Reddit is a cesspool - enter at own risk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    There are Mechagnome fans?
    Of course - how else do they keep their mechanical bits cool.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why should you or anybody else care whether Y or Z person dislikes Mechagnomes or Void Elves or whatever? Do what you like, I assure nobody will hate on you in game because of the race. Only some forum filth might

Judging by the state of their island, I'm pretty sure some of the head doodads they have are to filter toxins and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I literally couldn't care less how other people feel about the things I like.

People are perfectly entitled to like what they like and dislike what they choose. The internet forgets that is a two-way street sometimes, and the negative people tend to be louder/more visible than the positive folks. But at the end of the day they can feel however they want, makes no difference to me and has zero effect on my anticipation for things.

Edited to be more civil
    Yeah, you saying that someone who'd rather quit than play a mechagnome has no value in another recent thread on mechagnomes (or having to edit this one to make it "more civil") truly conveys your lack of care about people not liking this race and that you subscribe to the notion of people being entitled to dislike what they choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate mechagnomes per say, in fact If every Classic/TBC/Cataclysm race is getting an associated Allied Race, mechagnomes would almost certainly beat out leper gnomes as the preferred one. I just don't like it becasue it came out with Vulpera, which is about as unique & desired as far as Allied Races go. It's just a stark contrast, to pair up possibly the most talked about and 'new' race with possibly the least desired.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So not shilling=being toxic? Horde get a brand new race while we get a fucking reskinned model of one of the least played race in the game. Fair deal ey?
    Pull head out of ass and compare vulpera to goblins. They're just goblins in orange with a tail.

On another note, is there a vulpera hate club? I'd like to join.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

Tinker hate is unreasonable.
    In your opinion yes,

I already thought gnomes were the worst race to play, but mechagnomes are just a joke really. Blizzard have made them look ridiculous, its literally looks like they shoved the engineering prof face items on a gnome head model, then attached that model to an unusued / earlier/ prototype model of Blingatron that was rejected at the early concept stage. + 5 bonus points for their racials though

They're fucking hideous and ridiculously. But you know what, if you enjoy playing them thats fine. I care about my account, my progress, my achievements, my characters not what anyone else does or plays tbh
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

No because this negativity only exists in mmo-champion land.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Pull head out of ass and compare vulpera to goblins. They're just goblins in orange with a tail.

On another note, is there a vulpera hate club? I'd like to join.
    With Mechagnomes they just fucking add some armor to gnomies and call it a new race. What a fucking joke. Surely you can see the difference in effort put into the two. I'd bet Ion's horde guildies begged him for a new shiny new race and ta-da they've fucking got it. Horde perks ftw
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2020-01-13 at 01:02 PM.

I think most of it comes from people who wanted a different race to be the next allied race.

Correlation isn't causation but I've noticed alot of the extream haters tend to also post on here and reddit alot of either pro sethrak, pro high elf or pro some other unlikely to happen allied race like tuskar, or vrykul....

I think, that's mostly because of the message it's sending them from blizz by making races only introduced to the game not long ago playable over there pet races that are on the most part more established, it's reduces the likely hood they will get what they want, these groups tend to be self affirming and rejecting of any naysay so in there minds getting there race is 100% going to happen and is only a matter of time, blizz doing this strikes at the foundation of that belife, especialy when it's factored in to the being only one more patch this expac and only one row left on the allied race screen. Sure blizz could make another tab and could keep adding races in shadowlands but any one who's know blizz for any length of time will have doubts that the allied race system will continue after BFA especially after Blizzcon made no mention of it a all in shadowlands.

This creates a feeling of the clock running out in many of them and the only avenue they have to release that frustration is by taking it out on those they see as "stealing there races spot"

But ultimately, the people there abusing will be enjoying there mechagnome, Vulpera, kul tiran, void elf for years to come through Shadowlands and beyond whilst they will still be spamming threads asking for high elves, vrykul, tuskar, tunka w/e and getting palmed off by blizz with w/e excuses not to add the race, so ultimately it will be those they abused who get the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. I see people shit talking this race left and right and a whole lot of it comes from the Sethrak playerbase. From people calling it a waste of an allied race slot, to ugly to saying nobody wants that race, people are very toxic about it and I've even seen people get bullied for suggesting they like the race.
    i think you are exaggerating. if your sensitive to people being toxic about 1 aspect of the game that you particularly like, then i understand why you may feel this way, even if you are exaggeratin. honestly fear for you when you are eventually exposed to toxicity directed towards literally every other aspect of the game that people dislike.

also, at the end of the day, toxic people are not and should not prevent you from playing something you like. you say it's "physiologically taxing" on you.... which is an entirely different yet bigger issue you need to address with yourself lol.
    Last edited by WraithKingOstarion; 2020-01-13 at 01:23 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just dont like that they cannot be 100% metal

@ OP

It's called "People are douchebags, welcome to life." /end thread

Play what you want. I'm re-maining a Vulpera. I'm prepared to face discrimination from inbred shitbirds, as you should be because it's a race that doesn't fit other people's narrow expectations and desires.

I don't care about random internet guys opinions about things I like.

7+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't take it anymore. I cancelled my subscription.

I don't see a lot of "hate" for mechagnomes - it's more of a tired indignation. Nobody really wanted or cares for them and there are so many better options they could have chosen from.

Few people really wanted Mechagnomes. They don't really "fit" with much of the Warcraft world outside of Mechagon so most of the classes seem like a weird fit - like Mages or Monks. Maybe if a Tinker class was released at the same time they'd be more popular.

Gnomes were one of the least represented classes as is, so a variation of them with such an intrusive look and design isn't going to be in big demand. Outside of the racials being OP i doubt we'll see many people at all playing them.

For Horde, Allied races have been a huge success. I see lots of Zandarlai, Mag'har Orcs and Nightborne and I think there are going to be a large amount of Vulpera. For Alliance I see a lot of Void Elves, some Dark Iron (which I'm personally a big fan of) aaannd that's about it. You see the occasional Kul Tiran druid. I very rarely even see KT that aren't druids. Mechagnomes will be even rarer. It's just another thing where it feels the Alliance were an unenthusiastic afterthought.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!