Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How seriously have you played warcraft? Do you still do?

Do you play world of warcraft seriously? And by that i mean you get pick up all the enchants, get all the buffs, go to raids - not necessarily mythic raiding competitive, but in progression where power level matters...

What is the most serious you've played?

Alternatively do you just long on to enjoy your character exploring, trying some new content, different races etc just to kill time sort of? How far do you take it and what does it mean?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't take wow seriously anymore like I used to do. But i come back to see new stuff and so on, but lately the game has been taking a path that i don't like, so getting less and less interrested and/or hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    I don't take wow seriously anymore like I used to do. But i come back to see new stuff and so on, but lately the game has been taking a path that i don't like, so getting less and less interrested and/or hyped.
    What he/she said.

Plus Vulpera. Idiotic to appease ERPers

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    What he/she said.

Where be my naga and ogres... whereeee

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Do you play world of warcraft seriously? And by that i mean you get pick up all the enchants, get all the buffs, go to raids - not necessarily mythic raiding competitive, but in progression where power level matters...

Alternatively do you just long on to enjoy your character exploring, trying some new content, different races etc just to kill time sort of? How far do you take it and what does it mean?
    Played “seriously” from day one to mid TBC, then it really became a sort of second work and I abandoned raiding becoming a casual since then.

What he/she said.

Where's the purge squad when you need it?

OT: When I play the game, I'm taking it seriously. But I'm being reasonable; I don't need the best enchantments the first week an expansion hits, also my guild likes to use old potions for learning raid mechanics, no need to use the fancy stuff for that.

What he/she said.

Dog people, fine. Cow people, fine. Rat people, fine. Multiple kinds of fish people, fine. Two kinds of bear people, fine. But of course people are only interested in fox people because they're degenerate ERPers. /s
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I've tried to take seriously. I raided hard mode/heroic back during wrath days. I liked the guild I was in and we definitely had fun times.

But my biggest gripe was just the concept of gaming on a schedule. Could never stick with it.

Started playing a week after Vanilla release, i played a lot but I was kinda clueless like most never downed a Nax boss and never finished AQ40. Last time I played seriously would had to be WoTLK. Played every expansion since then except of WoD which I just did some LFR during the last patch. Just did some normals in BFA and all my friends quit early on.

Think I may skip Shadowlands, some of the lore seems cool the only "new" feature I'm seeing is Torghast. I play FF14 on and off to scratch the MMO itch, it seems to already have 2 dungeon somewhat similar to Torghast. The random dungeons are amazing for leveling new classes in that game, but the fun factor of the "roguelike" dungeons wore off after about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by shade076 View Post
    Started playing a week after Vanilla release, i played a lot but I was kinda clueless like most never downed a Nax boss and never finished AQ40. Last time I played seriously would had to be WoTLK. Played every expansion since then except of WoD which I just did some LFR during the last patch. Just did some normals in BFA and all my friends quit early on.

Think I may skip Shadowlands, some of the lore seems cool the only "new" feature I'm seeing is Torghast. I play FF14 on and off to scratch the MMO itch, it seems to already have 2 dungeon somewhat similar to Torghast. The random dungeons are amazing for leveling new classes in that game, but the fun factor of the "roguelike" dungeons wore off after about a week.
    They are diablo 3 rifts.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

Always done that until BFA, I don't give a damn nowdays skipped the last 2 tiers.. can't find any joy in BFA raiding

Long ago, in a land far away, I was in a world top 10 guild. Hardcore as it got (second job nothing, wow was my first job). Fast forward to now, some rando guild, barely play, do NOT raid, and rarely even talk to people anymore. Times change.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Dog people, fine. Cow people, fine. Rat people, fine. Multiple kinds of fish people, fine. Two kinds of bear people, fine. But of course people are only interested in fox people because they're degenerate ERPers. /s
    Remove the /s

I do not put more effort into that game than i think i need to have fun.

The game is not worth to put a lot of effort into.

I once was a fan. Blizzard fucked it up. Now i am just a consumer who wants to be entertained. If they cannot deliver, i unsub.

I infact hate the company, its totalitarism-love towards china, and its arrogance when its about what players want or what not.
    Last edited by shaggawoolin; 2020-01-12 at 07:08 PM.

Remove the /s
    Nope, I'm totally serious. Every time I see some mouth-breather spout on the forums that only furries or ERPers would ever want to play a vulpera and/or that Blizzard is only adding them to cater to said groups my eyes roll so hard they almost cross the floor. It's no different than the lolpandas crowd.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Raced for world firsts in TBC with Forte. But that died off after we disbanded. Since then I haven’t played at the level at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most Serious: WotLK - Competitive Progress
    Least Serious: Classic and BfA - Just having fun enjoying content

I did get the Mage Tower Artifact Skins for every single spec in Legion but I'm not sure if that counts as playing serious.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2020-01-12 at 07:24 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I was very active funny enough in vanilla. It just sort of happend...old IRL friends who played Diablo 2 with me back then started playing wow - I joined them some-time after, and by the time I was started they we're already in a progress guild. So us little middel-schoolers playing with 20-40 year old progress raiders who were semi-hardcore, and some very hard-core (Aka very uneven skil levels in vanilla guilds)...This got me all the raiding a 14 year old could had hoped for, and it turned wow into a kind of addiction for me clocking probly 80-100 days played in just vanilla im afraid...Stupid, dont do it, especially not at that age. I litterally did everything in vanilla...not one area wasen't done, even rank 8 or was it 9 pvp and gold grinding and alt lvling...lvl'd a mage to 60, warrior to like level 40, and hunter to..40?

5 bosses naxx40 down, up to huhuran the worm boss/cthun aq40.

I raided also in TBC but not quit as much. In cata I raided a lot again, pretty much every week for every tier...I guess I just had the time, and motivation, but what was a promising guild in the 1st cata tier turned out to die, when my realm had its last drops dried up...By the time firelands ended my realm was so dead we we're 1# ally realm with a world rank of 3000 lol...Soon after I migrated away and joined a guild for a short trial with netted me a top 100 world kill on Deathwing and spine, but I didnt have the drive or skills really to be in that place, but its fun to try.

Edit; so havent raided since cata. Now a days I still play a lot through...I just grind mounts, achives and gold etc...
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-01-12 at 07:30 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Long ago, in a land far away, I was in a world top 10 guild. Hardcore as it got (second job nothing, wow was my first job). Fast forward to now, some rando guild, barely play, do NOT raid, and rarely even talk to people anymore. Times change.
    Sounds like me. Haha.

I had much more disposable time in my younger years so I was generally raiding 4-5 nights a week. Honestly can't remember the specific rankings but it was good enough to complete majority of content while it was current.

Currently part of a 2 night raiding guild, does somewhat well (was top world 500 for Mythic Azshara) but I have neither the time nor inclination to go any more hardcore then what I'm doing. Not sure if I'll continue in Shadowlands, will wait and see how the content turns out.