Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Hut ball is just about the most fun I’ve had in a games “battleground”. It’s been a couple years since I played swtor but their pvp battlegrounds were all more fun then any of wow’s in my opinion.
    yeah, i have so many fond memories of hutball. The bgs overall was really fun to play imo. But hutball was awesome
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Is there a way to skip a lot of the dialogue back and forth when accepting new quests?

And do we get "mounts" or speeders eventually? Walking is slow.

And my one beef is the character animation, compared to WoW's it feels dated and not nearly as polished and fluid. Walking and jumping over things feels like stick man cardboard player, not a nice feeling smooth play styles like WoW
    You do get mounts, but they're only a 90/100/110% speed increase. Which honestly boggles me. Are you telling me lorewise the fastest speeders in the galaxy can only go like 45 mph?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    What is the op class/spec PvE that you can solo the most? And PvP if different.
    According to an article on Gamers Decide, you can't really go wrong with a Fury Marauder/Concentration Sentinel in either PvE or PvP. Just set your companion to heal and get their influence level as high as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You do get mounts, but they're only a 90/100/110% speed increase. Which honestly boggles me. Are you telling me lorewise the fastest speeders in the galaxy can only go like 45 mph?
    Improved Speeder Piloting now goes to rank 5, which provides a 130% speed increase.

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    According to an article on Gamers Decide, you can't really go wrong with a Fury Marauder/Concentration Sentinel in either PvE or PvP. Just set your companion to heal and get their influence level as high as you can.

Improved Speeder Piloting now goes to rank 5, which provides a 130% speed increase.
    I played during the lull of SoO, which feels like forever ago. That still feels super tiny. That's still less than half the speed of a flying mount in WoW. And it would still be only like 50 mph.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I played during the lull of SoO, which feels like forever ago. That still feels super tiny. That's still less than half the speed of a flying mount in WoW. And it would still be only like 50 mph.
    True, but it's 30% faster than ground mounts in WoW!

Also -- and I don't know if this is because I'm a subscriber, or from legacy perks, or what -- Quick Travel has no cooldown at all, so that helps with getting around planets some.

So I'm a big Star Wars fan, and a WoW player, been with WoW since launch, and still play live, but burned out on BfA, and not interested in Classic.

I always wanted to try SW ToR, but the negative reviews and feedback held me away. But I recall the early development previews on game sites and youtube videos a few years before it came out, the original outlines and pictures of the early game development sounded AMAZING, and I thought was going to be a next gen WoW game but set in the Star Wars universe. I recall some picture of a big Jawas Sandcrawler thing on the planet Tatooine and it looked like something out of the movies, I was so stoked for the game, it looked jaw dropping cool in those early looks, several years before release.

But then the game came out, and the game play videos didn't look like the those early development screen shots from a few years before, as if the game had some internal shake up behind the scenes changing it?

Anyways, back to the topic. I was bored today, installed the free to play version, and picked a Jedi Combat guy, and got to level 7, and I am extremely impressed for starter level stuff, the story is actually really good and engaging. WoW's early leveling sucks, it's purely go out and collect stuff, rinse and repeat, whereas as SW ToR questing has way more meat to it? The graphics are pretty good, I am running Ultra maxed settings, but the character movement seems funky, not as smooth and detailed as WoW. And the game seems choppy, I have a RTX 2070, i7-9700K, 32GB DDR4, and a SSD, but the gameplay in forested outdoor areas is not smooth.

Overall, early in, it seems pretty good so far, not sure I'll stick with it and actually subscribe for $14.99/month, prob not, as I already sub to WoW. But SW ToR is better than expected, ad not sure why it's not played at all anymore, where WoW is still very popular with millions of players 15+ years on.
    Hey there i can't speak for the recent couple of years of SW:TOR but as one of the players who left wow during cata to try out SW:TOR i can give you a insight others might not be able to.

First up, most of the other mmo's are all serviceable i mean you wont find many of them that are just "bad" some of them have better end game system like rift had more to do besides dungeons/raids before world quests and such in wow, SW:TOR has a great story for each of the classes if you enjoy starwars i would highly suggest you play through even if its for free on your first 2? characters i believe with the free version before upgrading if you like it.

The issue you will have is finding the class you like, and leveling it.. and then finding a group of people to play with, this is going to be very important like WOW and other mmos if you join a do nothing guild you'll end up doing nothing mostly, but if you find a group with goals they might direct you into gameplay you find fun, and it might be strange to say do this right away, but once you've found the class you want to play you really do need goals to keep playing.

I would roll one republic and one sith character, try out the melee class and the caster class, even though the guns work slightly different its still fairly similar to the caster/healer class (consular etc) and the melee feel similar too.

If you want to be a baddie or goodie doesn't really matter which faction you pick either you can go either way, just pick the class/faction combo you like best.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

I wish it was just an RPG instead of an MMO. Progressing through the story is pretty damn fun, one of the best leveling experiences I've had. But the MMO parts of it aren't very good imo.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

As someone who bought the game on release, quit and just came back, I can tell you this game is in an amazing state for solo players. People aren't wrong end game is kind of bla, and pvp these days is terrible. In the first 5 months I played swtor I got to 50 and social to 5 and pvp valor 60 it was so friggin fun and rewarding. But now I have to force myself to pvp for extra XP or the weekly

Now with that being said and back to my original claim of how amazing solo is, swtor has AMAZING replay value if you like RPG/story telling. It no longer takes you weeks to hit 50 and doing all these planet side quests. You can literally just do the main story/purple quests. I came back Dec 6th 2019 and so far I have
    75 Consular sage
    75 Jedi knight
    75 Sith Juggernaut
    75 Sith Assassin
    70 Powertech
    and I did all 8 stories so I could finally get Legendary. + Mekab/Iokath/Ilum/Ziost/KOtfe/Kotet/Onslaught on all of those character too(That I took past 50). That's how awesome solo is, that I can do all that in just over a month and not be bored and still keep going. I already have plans for more classes to level. - WoW Classic? I got a warrior and mage to 60, got them in full MC gear, 2months later I uninstalled. No replay value, just MC MC MC MC get ganked get ganked get ganked, lose AV cause half your team is afk leeching Zzzz.
    So if you like story telling/rpgs you'll have an amazing time. But if you're mainly here for raiding, you won't last long.

If I can give one last bit of actual advice, don't listen to the hype of classes of what's good and what's not. That can make someone not have fun. Everyone says Agent is the best story and it's so fun and bla bla. I found it super boring personally and once I got to KOTFE it made no sense and I had no fun, if that was my first class I would of quit the game.
    Sith warrior story is amazing, the voice actor is the best imo and it's a class that makes sense the entire game.
    Jedi knight is another hyped class, but I can't stand the voice actor.
    So my point is, before you start, watch some youtube videos of voices there's a channel that will compare male/female voices of that class so you can really get a feel. IT MATTERS trust me. Male consular sounds like a tree.\

The game is also very much alive, i've never had any issues finding groups I get instant ques as a DPS for both PVP and PVE content. Chats are always full of people talking and guilds constantly spamming for recruitment.
    Last edited by OokOok; 2020-01-17 at 08:30 PM.

People don't really play the game as much anymore because they've moved on to other things. SWTOR is pretty fun through all the class story missions, but then you hit the DLC/expansions and the game falters. None of them have been particularly well received, so endgame material has been generally viewed by the community as less than stellar, not to mention the constant spammers in chat and the fact that people hate EA for microtransactions and even a subscription service to begin with.

So I'm a big Star Wars fan, and a WoW player, been with WoW since launch, and still play live, but burned out on BfA, and not interested in Classic.

I always wanted to try SW ToR, but the negative reviews and feedback held me away. But I recall the early development previews on game sites and youtube videos a few years before it came out, the original outlines and pictures of the early game development sounded AMAZING, and I thought was going to be a next gen WoW game but set in the Star Wars universe. I recall some picture of a big Jawas Sandcrawler thing on the planet Tatooine and it looked like something out of the movies, I was so stoked for the game, it looked jaw dropping cool in those early looks, several years before release.

But then the game came out, and the game play videos didn't look like the those early development screen shots from a few years before, as if the game had some internal shake up behind the scenes changing it?

Anyways, back to the topic. I was bored today, installed the free to play version, and picked a Jedi Combat guy, and got to level 7, and I am extremely impressed for starter level stuff, the story is actually really good and engaging. WoW's early leveling sucks, it's purely go out and collect stuff, rinse and repeat, whereas as SW ToR questing has way more meat to it? The graphics are pretty good, I am running Ultra maxed settings, but the character movement seems funky, not as smooth and detailed as WoW. And the game seems choppy, I have a RTX 2070, i7-9700K, 32GB DDR4, and a SSD, but the gameplay in forested outdoor areas is not smooth.

Overall, early in, it seems pretty good so far, not sure I'll stick with it and actually subscribe for $14.99/month, prob not, as I already sub to WoW. But SW ToR is better than expected, ad not sure why it's not played at all anymore, where WoW is still very popular with millions of players 15+ years on.
    One of the problems I encountered at launch is how polished the beginning of the was and decreased as you leveled. With that said, theres a lot of content in the game. You can get all of the dlcs by paying the monthly fee once then unsubscribing.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's a single player RPG like KOTOR disguised as an MMO.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by GamerDroid 56 View Post
    People don't really play the game as much anymore because they've moved on to other things. SWTOR is pretty fun through all the class story missions, but then you hit the DLC/expansions and the game falters. None of them have been particularly well received, so endgame material has been generally viewed by the community as less than stellar, not to mention the constant spammers in chat and the fact that people hate EA for microtransactions and even a subscription service to begin with.
    You can right click and black list people from your chat. Spammers are not something i see often. More the random mail here and there.
    The latest expansion was in fact well received. The only thing people complain about is that there wasn't more of it.

I have not seen anyone ever say end game is less than stellar. I have seen opinions that would rather the best gear came only from raids, but i dismiss those. The latest 2 OPs were pretty interesting.

The problems with the game have never been that. The content is fun, the story enjoyable, the gameplay and class design also good.
    It has been bugs and content support that the game has fell short on. People just want more of it, but EA doesnt give/invest enough on it.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-05-29 at 01:45 PM.

Is there a way to skip a lot of the dialogue back and forth when accepting new quests?

And do we get "mounts" or speeders eventually? Walking is slow.

And my one beef is the character animation, compared to WoW's it feels dated and not nearly as polished and fluid. Walking and jumping over things feels like stick man cardboard player, not a nice feeling smooth play styles like WoW
    The story and dialogue are the main appeal of the game, if you want to skip those this really isn't the game for you.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle