Thread: Gear madness

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Except the looks of the armors look terrible compared to past tier-sets, other than that I agree.
    I'm used to vanilla/tbc clownsuits. I always xmog anyway lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Grating cheese is 100 times more convoluted than azerite gear...what I described is an extension of the essence system more so than azerite. Tier sets that can only be used in the raid it is unlocked in, but are unlocked from boss drops which you learn and then use in the relic slot (or one gear slot). That way, they can’t be in m+ upsetting that crowd (unless they got their own equivalent for each season maybe) and only use one armour slot (which we already have locked to necklace anyway so it doesn’t upset blizz logic of locking slots).

Wouldn’t that just result in one that is really strong being used for all raid tiers then?

Dungeons sets sounds amazing, would love something unique like that in m+ since CMs are gone.
    hard pass, sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Game has moved on from gear matters to skill matters. The only somewhat convoluted part is simming and upgrades estimation, but tbh if you remove that from WoW gearing, the game will be extremely boring.
    Game moved from only gear & skill matters to AP, benthic gear, azerite gear, essences, normal gear & skill matters.

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    No, my point is exactly the same.
    noone farms for ap for a reason.

You likened your idea to farming ap in nighthold tier. instead of ap, lets call your M+ currency "farts"
    If a dungeon was found to be the meta for acquiring farts, they would make it so all dungeons have equivalent fart/effort ratio. It would be like how it is now, where noone farms dungeons for ap, as the costs would be too high.

I know you aren't proposing a system where you can just sit down and farm m+ all day and then, on top of the loot you got as a drop, go buy shit with your farts off a vendor, because that will 100% never see the light of day.
    I likend it but it's not equivilant, because it only drops from m+ it's like it but not exactly like it as you wish it to be, thus the argument dosnt work.

Also how do you measure the effort to reward ration??? Does that change each season? Scaling when diff affixes get applied? Some instances get much harder than others with affixes and changing weekly?

There will always be a most efficant fart to effort way because even if they dedicated all those resources needed to balance that there will still be unforseen variables and nurfs will just change the meta not fix the problem.

Keep digging though.

More of the elitist mythic raider regurgitated nonsense.

I like that there is a lot of gear to get from different sources, makes it easier to gear up, doing other activities than just raiding. No, you don't have to spend 100s of hours to gear up, that's only if you want to maximize, which is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Grating cheese is 100 times more convoluted than azerite gear...what I described is an extension of the essence system more so than azerite. Tier sets that can only be used in the raid it is unlocked in, but are unlocked from boss drops which you learn and then use in the relic slot (or one gear slot). That way, they can’t be in m+ upsetting that crowd (unless they got their own equivalent for each season maybe) and only use one armour slot (which we already have locked to necklace anyway so it doesn’t upset blizz logic of locking slots).

Wouldn’t that just result in one that is really strong being used for all raid tiers then?

Dungeons sets sounds amazing, would love something unique like that in m+ since CMs are gone.
    Mm, good point, I hadn't considered that before. Might be a caveat that is can only be used on gear of the ilvl that can drop from the tier. Note I didn't say gear that drops from the tier, cause that mean you couldn't put it on good M+ or other source gear.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I likend it but it's not equivilant, because it only drops from m+ it's like it but not exactly like it as you wish it to be, thus the argument dosnt work.

Also how do you measure the effort to reward ration??? Does that change each season? Scaling when diff affixes get applied? Some instances get much harder than others with affixes and changing weekly?

There will always be a most efficant fart to effort way because even if they dedicated all those resources needed to balance that there will still be unforseen variables and nurfs will just change the meta not fix the problem.

Keep digging though.
    I feel like you don't understand what happened with maw

After the changes, arcway gave the most AP, but was also the longest. Maw gave the least, was the shortest (least bosses)
    sure, there would be someone with enough patience to math out which dungeon gave you the most/hour, but it's not gonna be where people spam "lf maw keys will carry any shitters" like it was.

as in, it won't matter.

capped? lol who said anything about caps?

mhm

Nah, it's the same problem and the same solution will happen. equivalency.

Your problem is that you think that your "solution" to this is more clever than it actually is.

- - - Updated - - -

You *probably* get gear from your 1 carry yeah
    but having "I killed the bosses" allowing you to leisurely purchase any item off their loot tables off a fucking vendor? lmfao you must be high
    nah these days i'm happy with a single LFR run to see the raid/story. I'll likely get an AOTC mount carry before it goes away though.

and yes cause knowing that eventually you will get that carrot after say 100 kills is such a bad thing for player motivation? Or i guess you are ok with going an entire tier or more with the same boots cause nothing better ever drops for you thanks to RNG, while nooblet16 gets BiS gear after a couple of run thanks to good RNG luck?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    nah these days i'm happy with a single LFR run to see the raid/story. I'll likely get an AOTC mount carry before it goes away though.

and yes cause knowing that eventually you will get that carrot after say 100 kills is such a bad thing for player motivation? Or i guess you are ok with going an entire tier or more with the same boots cause nothing better ever drops for you thanks to RNG, while nooblet16 gets BiS gear after a couple of run thanks to good RNG luck?
    If i need crit/versa boots there are like 5 diff ones between the raid and M+
    I'll live.

I went through most (read all) of tbc without a dragonspine trophy. My rogue didn't spontaneously combust.

If i need crit/versa boots there are like 5 diff ones between the raid and M+
    I'll live.

I went through most (read all) of tbc without a dragonspine trophy. My rogue didn't spontaneously combust.
    cool glad you find that fun and rewarding, i don't. I liked the badge system so i knew i was progressing towards something other than praying to RNG gods for luck.

cool glad you find that fun and rewarding, i don't. I liked the badge system so i knew i was progressing towards something other than praying to RNG gods for luck.
    I hope you enjoy the gear with the wrong stats on them, then.

Again, there are 2 badge systems currently in the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I just want a return to BC maybe even Wrath to a point, I had T4 in BC and did just fine DPS and heals wise into T6 content. When it was a neat upgrade, but gear from the first tier raids was not immediately replaced with a quest reward or the first boss of the new raid.
    Shhhh you are going to get roasted around here if you ever dare to propose such a system - even if that system worked just fine on two of the most celebrated xpacs.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Shhhh you are going to get roasted around here if you ever dare to propose such a system - even if that system worked just fine on two of the most celebrated xpacs.
    it's exactly because shitters felt relevant in outdated gear is why people loved them.

5+ Year Old Account
    it's exactly because shitters felt relevant in outdated gear is why people loved them.
    How do you define "shitter"?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    How do you define "shitter"?
    low hanging fruit.
    badge babies.

(if you were actually using T4 by the time bt attunement dropped, you were 100% in the realm of getting oneshot by najentus' bubble explosion)

But i guess when you could farm kara all expansion it doesn't matter nah mean.

I hope you enjoy the gear with the wrong stats on them, then.
    was better than gear from 1-2 tiers prior in some cases, or alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Again, there are 2 badge systems currently in the game.
    and they are shitty when compared to valor/justice in my opinion

was better than gear from 1-2 tiers prior in some cases, or alts.

- - - Updated - - -

and they are shitty when compared to valor/justice in my opinion
    I actually do content on my alts so

what's the point of getting gear for them if all you're gonna do is deplete a key every week?

5+ Year Old Account
    low hanging fruit.
    badge babies.

(if you were actually using T4 by the time bt attunement dropped, you were 100% in the realm of getting oneshot by najentus' bubble explosion)

But i guess when you could farm kara all expansion it doesn't matter nah mean.
    I raided all the way to SWP in BC, so please spare me the BT lessons. Btw, I was still using the 2pcT5 during most of 2.4, I guess that makes me a shitter

I actually do content on my alts so

what's the point of getting gear for them if all you're gonna do is deplete a key every week?
    i don't even run keys any more on my main.. i hate timers in mmos

have fun saving for 2 months for a specific piece I guess
    As opposed to getting it in the first week? Do you think you could get all the vendor gear in a week in old content? I actually played during the vendor debacle expansions. No one liked it. The gear was terrible and it took weeks to get 1 piece. Anyone who did endgame just didn't bother with it while people who didn't still had sub par gear after months of effort. We can go back to that system if you like. Scrap rewards from M+. You only get badges. To get badges quick enough, make raiding the optimum way to get badges. Make vendor items shit. There. Just like the gold op days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro