Thread: [MOVIE] Morbius

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    But, I am curious... why does it suprise you that it got made and released? They announced it as part of Phase 4 at Comicon.
    No they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Looks okay, similar vibe to Venom, I probably won't see it in theaters though. Not a big enough fan of Leto or the character to pay to see it.

Not exactly something I'd drag myself into a cinema for, but might be worth a watch when it comes to tv/streaming platforms.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Or just the MCU Spider-Man given how “murderer” over the spider-man on the wall could be in reference to the end of far from home. And for some odd reason Sony just decided to go with a Sam Raimi Spider-Man picture
    Some say Sony may have had to use the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man in the trailer for copyright reasons. I feel like they should not have put it in at all if that's the case, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Why would you want a comic book movie to stand on it's own? They only have the rights because he's a Spiderman Universe guy. "Stand on it's own" for some artisitic vision about what looks like a vampire movie?

Nyah, milk the connection for all you can. I hope JJJ is in it too.
    To be fair movie comic movies were in their own universes before the MCU.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Trailer looks fine enough, but still don't care too much about the movie. I'll still see it when it hits the theater, but not something I'm anxious to see.

We're inching towards the Sinister Six. I like Morbius, but my complaint is that the plot looks too generic, or maybe it took too long to adapt this (relatively unknown) character on the big screen.

Think Leto sent vampire bats and blood vials to his costars because he's so into the role?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

I think "melancholy piano" is starting to get on my nerves in trailers these days as much as "BWAAAAAAA!!!" did a decade ago...

I have no idea what to expect from this. Jared Harris is great, but he's probably not going to be in it much. Or maybe he'll be the antagonist and carry the movie...who knows.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-01-14 at 04:59 AM.

Morbius is a vampire created via science. He won't have the usual weaknesses, or some of the supernatural abilities.
    Still needs blood though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    They just did it as an Easter egg to get people talking about Morbius and hope social media speculation regarding Tobey's Spider-man becoming part of the shared universe creates some traction and helps this movie perform well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Oh I knew that. Spider-man would make a great venn diagram. You have Spider-man movies with no connection to MCU, Spider-man movies completely within MCU. And now this thing in the strange overlap. With Venom being it's own little dot by itself outside all circles.
    I thought it was basically confirmed through "Into The Spiderverse" that "ALL" Spiderman universes should be considered "connected" regardless of what studio they come from. Though in this case, this one pretty obviously takes place in the "MCU Spiderverse", rather than say, the Venom one (which is heavily implied to be a "spiderverse" movie even though it currently doesn't actually feature a Spiderman).
    Last edited by Surfd; 2020-01-14 at 05:57 AM.

The universe stuff is foggy, it's even rumoured to have J.K. Simmons as Jonah Jameson (who appeared in both Sam Raimi and MCU).

Three guys in the cast are also unnamed in IMDB (Jared Harris, Corey Johnson and Michael Keaton). Seems obvious for Keaton but no idea for the other two.

It's Paul WS Anderson, so it'll probably be terrible. I'll wait to see how reviews come in, but I'm not optimistic, based on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Well for one Venom got a meh reception and was not even tied to Spider-man. Sony trying to do a "shared universe" just seems foreign.

And the fact that Doctor Strange (of all movies) is experiencing director problems.

Edit: And I know Doctor Strange is Marvel (versus Spider-man's Sony)
    Yeah, I get that Spider-Man is the odd child still being tied to Sony, but the Tom Holland Spiderman has always been a known part of the MCU. Venom, while same producer wasn't really identified as a part of it. So, even though they might blend him into the MCU in some way, we sort of accept it being it's own thing. Moebius was announced as part of Phase 4. So, you just kind of have to take it at face-value I guess.

I am not overly concerned about the directors issue with Dr. Strange. They'll sort it out. I think Guardians 3 was a bigger concern before they brought Gunn back in.

Just my two cents though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this looks pretty terrible and between Marvel and DC recycling characters.

Ben Afleck - Batman and Dare Devil

Josh Brolin Thanos and Cable

Chris Evens The Human Torch and Captain America

Michael B Jordan The Human Torch and Kill Monger

Michael Keaton Batman and The Vulture

Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern and Deadpool

Any I am forgetting?

I understand in a serial or making off character, but that doesn't seem rare not complaining but now The Joker is Morbius! Sorry wouldn't help me suspend my belief
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Now how am I supposed to believe that he is a vampire when he doesnt have "suck" tatooed on his forehead.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks kinda cliché but that could be a good thing.

Trailer does give a shit ton away and I really hate it when trailers do that.. Yes we already know who Morbius is and if you didn't you could look it up but even so a trailer(especially a teaser) should give you but a glimpse of the story and intruige you to go see it.

Not give away the entire plot of the movie with only some context to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah this looks pretty terrible and between Marvel and DC recycling characters.

Ben Afleck - Batman and Dare Devil

Josh Brolin Thanos and Cable

Chris Evens The Human Torch and Captain America

Michael B Jordan The Human Torch and Kill Monger

Michael Keaton Batman and The Vulture

Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern and Deadpool

Any I am forgetting?

I understand in a serial or making off character, but that doesn't seem rare not complaining but now The Joker is Morbius! Sorry wouldn't help me suspend my belief
    The exhaustive list I think :
    https://www.imdb.com/list/ls031200265/

Edit: No, not exhaustive, missing Cable for Brolin and a few others.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-01-15 at 07:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    honestly don't know how to feel, im always with a step behind with those villain movies, seems like its the trending thing to do

but i said i did enjoy venom in a degree, so i hope this one does too, gladly they are are putting with the mcu, tired of the shit of reboots and standalone movies

also, heard about venom 2 having spider man on it, so it could be a start of something good like avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The exhaustive list I think :
    https://www.imdb.com/list/ls031200265/

Edit: No, not exhaustive, missing Cable for Brolin and a few others.
    Missing Bautista for his random DC role in an upcoming movie, I believe.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.