Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Jailer or Sylvanas: Who "Dies" First?

    Simple question. The Jailer and Sylvanas are being propped up as the main antagonists for Shadowlands, or at least what we know of the story so far. A plot twist halfway through that shifts the direction of the story is very likely IMO, and I don't think the story will have both of these characters continue on after the inevitable showdown at Torghast's raid.

    So: who will make it out? Will Sylvanas get exterminated or imprisoned as the new Jailer, or will the Jailer bite it or get his power siphoned by Sylvanas?

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    2,783
    I can only hope Sylvanas is the final boss of the first raid before we get to the Jailer raid where she obviously comes back somehow and then we kill them both
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I can only hope Sylvanas is the final boss of the first raid before we get to the Jailer raid where she obviously comes back somehow and then we kill them both
    I think Nathria will have either Nathanos or Mal'ganis as the final boss. Nathanos because he has enough presence to be a filler final boss (and has a new Dracula aesthetic), Mal'ganis because he likely ties into the overall story of Revendreth.

  4. #4
    I don't think Sylvanas is going to die tbh. Imprissoned somewhere for later use? Maybe. Or she becomes the new arbiter or jailor after it. Propably one of those.

    The Jailor will be the final boss of the expansion of that i am sure. They recognized that no one liked it to have no "big bad" or clear goal this expansion.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't think Sylvanas is going to die tbh. Imprissoned somewhere for later use? Maybe. Or she becomes the new arbiter or jailor after it. Propably one of those.

    The Jailor will be the final boss of the expansion of that i am sure. They recognized that no one liked it to have no "big bad" or clear goal this expansion.
    Her having to take the place of the Jailer once he escapes is pretty widely theorized. She doesn't "die", but she's locked up in Torghast.

  6. #6
    They've already stated she won't be a raid boss. And that the Jailer will be a raid boss. From this, it's fairly obvious which one would die first.

    When Blizzard openly states these things publically, what other information do you need to not ask stupid fucking questions?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They've already stated she won't be a raid boss. And that the Jailer will be a raid boss. From this, it's fairly obvious which one would die first.

    When Blizzard openly states these things publically, what other information do you need to not ask stupid fucking questions?
    They have never said she won't be a raid boss we fight. Just that she wouldn't "go out as JUST a raid boss".

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They have never said she won't be a raid boss we fight. Just that she wouldn't "go out as JUST a raid boss".
    No. Ion SPECIFICALLY said that she will not be a raid boss. If you want to ignore that, that's on you. But don't create troll threads if you know otherwise.



    During an Q&A: States she won't be a raid boss. Then follows it up with this statement.

    "Sylvanas' destiny is to be found out and discussed by the player base, but it would be dismissive to think she'll just go down as another raid boss, because she's a little bit more than that.

  9. #9
    A vague answer because they don't want to spoil it. She could still be a raid boss, but be a 'special' raid boss and not just 'a' raid boss as in an ordinary raid boss and that could still hold true. I'm not saying she 'will' be one but it's not like blizzard is beholden to that interview answer now.

  10. #10
    the balding and impotent buffoons who write this trash story quite literally do not have the balls to ever kill sylvanas
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Seiklis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    690
    Betting same time or pretty close to it

    Something like Sylvanas believing she's won half dead after the Jailor's defeat only to get taken out after the battle by Alleria

    But in the grand scheme, Jailor will only be banished and won't die

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    So: who will make it out? Will Sylvanas get exterminated or imprisoned as the new Jailer, or will the Jailer bite it or get his power siphoned by Sylvanas?
    I'd say the answer is most likely yes.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    A vague answer because they don't want to spoil it. She could still be a raid boss, but be a 'special' raid boss and not just 'a' raid boss as in an ordinary raid boss and that could still hold true. I'm not saying she 'will' be one but it's not like blizzard is beholden to that interview answer now.
    I understand your point, but the forums, official and mmo-c, have been littered for the past two years with Sylvannas will be a raid boss. CONFIRMED 8.3 SYVLAANS RAID boss, etc, etc, etc.

    Then Ion comes out and states in in two different interviews that she won't be. We can try to skew someone's words to fir a narrative anytime they want. But it won't benefit the story of WoW to have her as a raid boss in this expac, or the next. She is her own person. As has been stated many times before. She uses others to get what she wants, and in showing the players the shadowlands, is helping us in a way.

  14. #14
    If Sylvanas dies, it will be like Garrosh in WoD, finale cinematic of the final leveling zone/scenario. We already know she won't be a raid boss so no reason to think of her as one. Personally, I still don't see them killing her off at all and fully expect a Kerrigan 2.0 purely because Blizzard doesn't have the balls to kill her off.

  15. #15
    Given the devs' love for Sylvanas, I'm guessing they'll kill Jailer first and somehow keep her alive and/or redeem her in death. Like all of this was done so a way could be opened for Shadoelands so we can defeat The Jailer in the only place he can be killed; his own realm, watch. She's Illidan pre-retcon, by all means necessary, and then she'll end as the Jailer's Jailer assuming she doesn't assist us in killing The Jailer.

  16. #16
    Redemption story, she had her reasons and all will be forgiven -- mark my words!

  17. #17
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    25,000
    Given that Sylvanas is the dragon to the Jailer, I would say she will likely be first to snuff it. The Jailer will be the end-boss of the expansion. Not sure if she'll die or be defeated, but either way she'll be cleared from the proverbial board.
    "I remember what I told you, but I can't remember why. The moon is turning red and bleeding through the sky. Absolution, redemption, salvation at the end - when justice is served don't expect me to attend." - Trust Obey, "Raymond Chandler Evening"

  18. #18
    Definetly Sylvanas, unless totally unexpected amazingly written redemption arc where Sylvanas was the Illidan all along and get 95D chess saved the entirety of the cosmos and beyond, so midway through the expansion we join forces with her and help her ascend into a Xel'naga

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    No. Ion SPECIFICALLY said that she will not be a raid boss. If you want to ignore that, that's on you. But don't create troll threads if you know otherwise.



    During an Q&A: States she won't be a raid boss. Then follows it up with this statement.

    "Sylvanas' destiny is to be found out and discussed by the player base, but it would be dismissive to think she'll just go down as another raid boss, because she's a little bit more than that.
    Thats wrong. Alex Afrasiabi stated that Sylvanas is not going to die as a Raid Boss, but she still can be one. He literally said it in the interview.

    " "Does that mean you will not fight her?" he added. "Not necessarily true either. The reality is you can fight her every day of the week in Grommash Hold, in a raid, right now. But I do think there's a lot more to Sylvanas' story that hasn't been told yet." "

    from the Eurogamer Interview.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given that Sylvanas is the dragon to the Jailer, I would say she will likely be first to snuff it. The Jailer will be the end-boss of the expansion. Not sure if she'll die or be defeated, but either way she'll be cleared from the proverbial board.
    I think Sylvanas will be the Raid Boss of 9.2 in the same way Azshara was. But she is not going to die as one and will play her game at the end of the final raid, against the Jailer.
    No matter if she dies or will become the new Jailer, it will 99% happen after we get rid of the Jailer. Sylvanas endgame will 100% be at the end of shadowlands, for sure

    (the current interview even stated that shadowlands is all about Sylvanas and the Jailer, so who ever hopes for getting rid of sylvanas in 9.1 gonna be disappointed)
    Last edited by ilgynoth; 2020-01-14 at 12:55 AM.

  20. #20
    Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    8,920
    My Assumption!

    Sylvanas is the Gul'dan of 9.0. However, she won't end up dying. Rather, she'll be imprisoned at the Maw, and will act as one of the prisoners there, like the threat she is. Remember, the Maw is where all the greatest threats of creation lie.

    The Jailer will be the KJ/Azshara of 9.0, that much seems obvious.

    And the top dog of the Shadowlands (No one knows who he/she is) will be the final boss.

    And how do I think this expansion will end? Well, quote me on this. It ends with the Shadowlands rift fucking dying out, leading to it creating a massive tear in the Universe. This tear is just enough for the Void Lords to finally seek passage into the Physical Universe. And then, in 10.0, we'll be fighting more Old Gods and shit, ending off with the final battle against the Void Lords.

    Quote me, AGAIN!
    Last edited by HighlordJohnstone; 2020-01-14 at 04:26 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •