Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Loyalist choice in 8.3?

Does your loyalty choice matter in 8.3?

Asking because I decided to gear and prep my Death Knight for the patch, and wanted to do the Loyalist plotline on him. However, at the Stay of Execution questline I failed to notice the «Optional: Talk to Nathanos» line, so I talked to Thrall and then felt like I missed something.

Support can’t do squat, because the developers «intended the choice to matter» (self-defeating logic if you ask me, why make a «Are you sure?» popup happen when you choose path at Zekhan, and then make you either do the Optional part every time or instantly default back to the Rebel path without being able to fix a mistake?)

So while I stew in annoyance, just wanted to ask if there is any relevance to it in 8.3, or if I will just have to wait for Shadowlands to feel the result of my accidental turn to the Rebels. :P

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah she's just evil to everyone now it seems.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post

Asking because I decided to gear and prep my Death Knight for the patch, and wanted to do the Loyalist plotline on him. However, at the Stay of Execution questline I failed to notice the «Optional: Talk to Nathanos» line, so I talked to Thrall and then felt like I missed something.

Support can’t do squat, because the developers «intended the choice to matter» (self-defeating logic if you ask me, why make a «Are you sure?» popup happen when you choose path at Zekhan, and then make you either do the Optional part every time or instantly default back to the Rebel path without being able to fix a mistake?)

So while I stew in annoyance, just wanted to ask if there is any relevance to it in 8.3, or if I will just have to wait for Shadowlands to feel the result of my accidental turn to the Rebels. :P
    The moral of the story was, that you just got scammed by her. Never trust a political leader who claims that they can solve complex social and economic issues through wars.

you are nothing apparently.

Its ok im sure the horde will have a new over zealous leader you can worship soon.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

No, the loyalty story is over, they said this very clearly more than once. The Loyalist story was over with the campaign finale.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    you are nothing apparently.

Its ok im sure the horde will have a new over zealous leader you can worship soon.
    Isn't Baine a peace zealot?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Which basically puts on a timer on his head like any other warchief.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    No, he is Alliance zealot.

5+ Year Old Account
    It would seem that all warchiefs have a timer on their head, no matter their political/phylosophical preferences. Except Thrall... maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    No, he is Alliance zealot.
    Therefore, he's safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Your only choice is to unsubscribe if you want to follow Sylvanas as now you are an NPC character who will be a trash mob in the second or third Shadowlands raid, canonically.

Sorry!

At least he doesn't teach defense in Hogwarts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It would seem that all warchiefs have a timer on their head, no matter their political/phylosophical preferences. Except Thrall... maybe.
    The trick is to abdicate whenever it is possible. If you do so before rebelion starts, you win.

Thrall in Vanilla is an exception. If Vanilla was written in modern times, Rend would either get 4 cinematics or become a warchief.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhidana View Post
    The moral of the story was, that you just got scammed by her. Never trust a political leader who claims that they can solve complex social and economic issues through wars.
    I didn't get scammed by her. We are being forced to be loyal to treasonous cowards because Blizzard is lazy with it;s writing. If they had any creativity, they would have found a way where the loyalists can still be that.

10+ Year Old Account

There won't be a payoff for the choice in 8.3 or in Shadowlands, per Blizz. Mind you that could change but it sounds like they're done with that storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I didn't get scammed by her. We are being forced to be loyal to treasonous cowards because Blizzard is lazy with it;s writing. If they had any creativity, they would have found a way where the loyalists can still be that.
    But she doesn't wants you. You got scammed by her, but she does want nothing to do with you, you are nothing to her but a temporary useful pawn and every other opinion of your role to her cause is a delusion on your side.

As has been said, the way to be loyal to her now is to literally unsub because the player character wouldn't be allowed to progress into the 8.3 or 9.0 story if they were an overt loyalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    As has been said, the way to be loyal to her now is to literally unsub because the player character wouldn't be allowed to progress into the 8.3 or 9.0 story if they were an overt loyalist.
    Tht is because Blizzard has clueless, lazy writers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhidana View Post
    But she doesn't wants you. You got scammed by her, but she does want nothing to do with you, you are nothing to her but a temporary useful pawn and every other opinion of your role to her cause is a delusion on your side.
    I am loyal to her because Baine is a coward and a traitor. We should not be forced to be lead by that. It's pure laziness by Blizzard.

This brings up a good question. Is it still a scam if the victim wants to be scammed?

Considering that they only lazily shoehorned in the loyalist option the whole time I'm really not surprised it ended up this way with Sylvanas as a villain for the next expansion.

Tht is because Blizzard has clueless, lazy writers.
    Where is the financial intelligence in using the resources to make a completely new story for a small minority of players?

There is no reason for them to develop a Sylvanas-loyalist story in Shadowlands other than "it's the right thing to do".

5+ Year Old Account
    Dude you think claming and saying FOR THE DARK LADY, in Orgrimmar now will make other people cheering with you? No off course not, probably some Tauren warriors and orcs could actually execute you or chaining you and trhowing you into the new Jail Cells that we have in the Ragefire Chasm below Orgrimmar thanks to Garrosh.
    What Blizzard did was a FAILSAFE for all the Banshee supporters to be "reintegrated" with the hidden promise that, there was more for us.

Yet we believe Blizzard that there is nothing more beyond 8.2.5. But we dont believe Blizzard about their knowledge of the lore? pls. Its the same situation with the people keeping the eye of Nzoth, the world opens up more "rollplay" with those chosen by the old god, but its not necessary to have " a reward".

Your reward should be the experience of how the story goes forward.... and you were there for that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Remember how player choice matters? I love this game but man Blizz is just shit at so much they do. To put in 'player choice' in the story just for the sake of it and not having any consequences what so ever....ever is just lazy as all hell.

I would have rather they never try it at all then with what we got in game lol
    They should never have added the "player choice matters stuff", they don't have the drive/desire to write story beats based on the permutations so why bother. just give us a good interesting villain that we all can hate, then either commit fully to faction warfare that doesn't stop or just fucking get rid of them already. its annoying as shit every expansion following the same beats of "horde bad, alliance good, now all good cause satan is here"