Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Social media eviscerates Vince Vaughn for shaking Donald Trump's hand

there are many sites picking up this story now, but it seems a large quantity of people have gone into a frenzy about vince Vaughn not only being with donald trump at a football game (or at least just sitting next to him) but also talking to him and shaking his hand.

reading the twitter comments, the attempts at edgy hashtags to "cancel" vince vaughn and just how some news sites are reporting it as if vince Vaughn was caught drowning a picnic basket of puppies is quite frankly, embarrasing.

so here is one of the Tweets that spawned it all:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...14083192229890

why is it so easy to become so enraged at somebody for simply talking with and/or shaking one's hand? i understand the polarizing divide donald trump has caused in American society, and i also understand that's a different topic altogether, but is it really justified to absolutely hate on somebody for this specifically?

my thoughts: regardless of Vince vaughn's political leanings, Donald trump is still the current president of the country VV resides in so why not sit down, talk with and shake the president's hand?

here is just one of example of somebody taking it to the extreme:

https://twitter.com/SirajAHashmi/status/1216930115969519616

(Ladies & gentlemen, I regret to inform you Vince Vaughn is CANCELED)

https://twitter.com/PalmerReport/sta...34185425948673
    (Vince Vaughn had the chance to stand up to a rapist, traitor, and child murderer, and instead he enthusiastically shook Donald Trump’s hand. Fuck em both.)

i don't expect anybody else to take time to scroll thru the comments/replies of some of these Tweets, but if you do, it really is amazing to see some of the things said coming from both sides.

are we doomed?
    Mod Edit: This thread had its run. It is closed.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-18 at 12:23 AM.

oh noes he touched the anti christ , quick chop off his hand and burn hom on a cross

Did you really turn some fucking twitter comments into a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Did you really turn some fucking twitter comments into a thread?
    it's more than just twitter comments, although it did begin on tiwtter. i said in the posts that websites are picking it up also. here are some:

VINCE VAUGHN TRENDS AFTER VIDEO OF HIM SHAKING TRUMP'S HAND AT NCAA COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GOES VIRAL

Vince Vaughn Gets Chummy With Trump and Melania, and Right-Wing Twitter Loses Their Minds

the main page of twitter also links to different articles talking about it, as well as journalists who tweet about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    here is just one of example of somebody taking it to the extreme:

https://twitter.com/SirajAHashmi/status/1216930115969519616

(Ladies & gentlemen, I regret to inform you Vince Vaughn is CANCELED)
    That guy was being sarcastic.

The amount of weight you people give to the opinions of random people on Twitter is quite baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That guy was being sarcastic.
    then i certainly fell for it given the wave of actual hate he is getting on the platform.

He could always ignore social media for awhile.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Social media? so no-one fucking important then.

in before some retard on here calls me a "trumpster" for not instantly insulting Donald trump 24/7 because thats all their life consists of.

Internets gonna internet. If that somehow hurts your feels, get off it.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Know whats worst than the people who made a big deal out of it? Giving those people attention.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    it's more than just twitter comments, although it did begin on tiwtter. i said in the posts that websites are picking it up also. here are some:

VINCE VAUGHN TRENDS AFTER VIDEO OF HIM SHAKING TRUMP'S HAND AT NCAA COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GOES VIRAL

Vince Vaughn Gets Chummy With Trump and Melania, and Right-Wing Twitter Loses Their Minds

the main page of twitter also links to different articles talking about it, as well as journalists who tweet about it.
    These websites are just as revevant and valid as those twitter NPCs you linked before

People love being offended, news at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vince Vaughn is cancelled guess I’ll never watch Wedding Crashers 3 again.

Love you Twitter. Whew that was close!
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-01-14 at 12:52 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The hatred in some runs deep.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The vindictive bunch are at it again, like a pack of virtual piranhas...

Bunch of cyber bullies if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The hatred in some runs deep.
    I know I read Trump's tweets all the time...hate hate hate...

But of course this story offended you, but you will vote for a guy whom is much more guilty of doing the same thing
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I personally wouldn't shake his hand, he seems really greasy but I'm not going to begrudge anyone else brave enough to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only way Trump is shaking my hand is if I get the chance to take a big dump on it beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I know I read Trump's tweets all the time...hate hate hate...

But of course this story offended you, but you will vote for a guy whom is much more guilty of doing the same thing
    Pretty sure they didn’t say anything about specifically who they were referring to or really give any political opinion at all. But way to go you espoused the correct opinion, you can collect your check at the front desk.