Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

There's going to be a serious Black Lotus shortage for AQ40 and Naxx

Vanilla Black Lotus supply doesn't meet Classic demand on modern "medium" and "high" pop servers.

Hopefully Blizzard will implement the Pserver fix with 50+ BL spawn locations and decreased respawn times.

--------------------------
    Edit:
    As of right now (when flasks are not necessary), my guild wants to flask to speed clear Molten Snore in 30ish minutes.

But there's not enough SUPPLY to meet the DEMAND!

We want to flask...we all have the gold to buy a 150-200g flask...but there' snot enough flasks or lotus on the AH to make this possible...even though we all have the gold to buy it...

this is the problem.

(also we want to flask for WSG premades...we got the gold...but there's nothing on the AH).
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-14 at 09:05 PM.

They're more likely to bring back layers than that.

they're not going to implement anything like that, why would they? this is why people are so adamantly on the no changes crowd because people who want changes all want something different and if blizz followed that then classic wouldn't classic anymore. for better or worse they chose a patch everyone could mostly agree about and that's how its going to be forever
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe people shouldn't be using flasks on content where it takes 30 seconds to kill the bosses and perhaps then there would be enough flasks for the stuff that it actually matters on.
    Speciation Is Gradual

This will be an interesting look into basic economics. Supply vs Demand.

No Supply and higher demand? Expect very expensive Flasks
    Thankfully there should only be like, 1-3 fights in the entire game that actually require/encourage flasks so, who cares?

We were using flasks (and not everyone in raid) for hard progression bosses like Nefarian/Twins/etc.

If people need flasks for MC or First BWL bosses its just sad xd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Maybe people shouldn't be using flasks on content where it takes 30 seconds to kill the bosses and perhaps then there would be enough flasks for the stuff that it actually matters on.
    You didn't read the OP.

Classic WoW has material shortages. True to form, not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    they're not going to implement anything like that, why would they? this is why people are so adamantly on the no changes crowd because people who want changes all want something different and if blizz followed that then classic wouldn't classic anymore. for better or worse they chose a patch everyone could mostly agree about and that's how its going to be forever
    Classic servers have 4x the population of Vanilla (or more).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    This will be an interesting look into basic economics. Supply vs Demand.

No Supply and higher demand? Expect very expensive Flasks
    Thankfully there should only be like, 1-3 fights in the entire game that actually require/encourage flasks so, who cares?
    PvP is infinite varied fight that can take place infinitely many ways in infinitely many locations that has no lockout raid timer.

Well, they already deviated from the 45 minute spawn pattern for black lotus on classic servers (although I'm not sure if this change was already in 1.12 vanilla), so it's not impossible they are going to tweak it depending on the server population - although personally I doubt it.

But on the other hand, I'm not sure if people are going to "need" it as they did in vanilla.

Just watching the first kill patchwerk (as example, as we only flasked the full raid in vanilla for the first few kills of Cthun and Patchwerk) video (https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...rk_first_kill/) you see the best DD does ~250k damage in ~200 seconds = 1250 dps, which currently is already beat in blues and MC grade loot (https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...=dps&class=DPS). So apart from tank flasks and people trying for records or world/server/whatever first kills most likely won't bother with flasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, they already deviated from the 45 minute spawn pattern for black lotus on classic servers (although I'm not sure if this change was already in 1.12 vanilla), so it's not impossible they are going to tweak it depending on the server population - although personally I doubt it.

But on the other hand, I'm not sure if people are going to "need" it as they did in vanilla.

Just watching the first kill patchwerk (as example, as we only flasked the full raid in vanilla for the first few kills of Cthun and Patchwerk) video (https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...rk_first_kill/) you see the best DD does ~250k damage in ~200 seconds = 1250 dps, which currently is already beat in blues and MC grade loot (https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...=dps&class=DPS). So apart from tank flasks and people trying for records or world/server/whatever first kills most likely won't bother with flasks.
    Melee dps use flask of the titans to survive Naxx mechanics and C'thun mechanics as well. Nature Protection pots won't cut it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Vanilla Black Lotus supply doesn't meet Classic demand on modern "medium" and "high" pop servers.

Hopefully Blizzard will implement the Pserver fix with 50+ BL spawn locations and decreased respawn times.
    Sounds like a financial opportunity.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I don't think it will matter by then as a lot of farming will take place between now and then. I kinda loath this 100 arcanite crystal grind because so many ppl are mining, at stupid times its not so bad but they are so rare its gunna take a long time to get 100 bars, during that time you have ppl farming herbs, when the gate event happens you have a massive grind there, lotus aren't amongst the turn-ins but they will be picked during that time in preparation.

Melee dps use flask of the titans to survive Naxx mechanics and C'thun mechanics as well. Nature Protection pots won't cut it.
    Well, we didn't do that in vanilla cleared up all vanilla content when it was current until 4hm naxx, so I don't really see that this is or was a thing. Or why you would need nature protection pots except maybe for Huhuran, if you get roasted at cthun you already have an issue with your positioning.
    Although obviously I agree that it would allow for a greater margin of error in any fight, but when it wasn't necessary then the for sure it's not neccessary now.

The only content that's tuned around flasks and pots is Naxx

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, we didn't do that in vanilla ..... why you would need nature protection pots except maybe for Huhuran
    You didnt' play vanilla, because we used Restorative Potion on Huhuran.

'Use: Removes 1 magic, curse, poison or disease effect on you every 5 seconds for 30 seconds. (2 Min Cooldown)."

Combined with Elixir of Poison Resistance:
    " Imbiber is cured of up to four poisons up to level 60. (3 Sec Cooldown)."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    The only content that's tuned around flasks and pots is Naxx
    Imagine that...it says in the UNEDITED OP "NAXX"

10+ Year Old Account

They most likely won't.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You didnt' play vanilla, because we used Restorative Potion on Huhuran.

'Use: Removes 1 magic, curse, poison or disease effect on you every 5 seconds for 30 seconds. (2 Min Cooldown)."

Combined with Elixir of Poison Resistance:
    " Imbiber is cured of up to four poisons up to level 60. (3 Sec Cooldown)."

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine that...it says in the UNEDITED OP "NAXX"
    It also say AQ40 in case you forgot what you wrote

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    It also say AQ40 in case you forgot what you wrote
    They are need in AQ40 PROGRESSION TOO. MELEE GONNA DIE WITHOUT TITANS