Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Predictions for Xal'atath?

What do you predict will happen with Xal'atath in the future?

She's not a fan of the old gods having been betrayed by them, she likes her freedom and plans - but we don't know exactly if she is evil.

Initially you assume she is because she is void and the way she taunts, but then she doesn't particularly play accordoing to alignements, her actions have been motivated by her gaining her freedom, and when she gets it, she doesn't turn into evil entitty ready to gobble up the player, and walks away from the old gods, very mysterious.

Do you thiink blizzard is going to further use her as an example to show not all beings of the void are evil? She does use a void elf appearance, and there is sitll some clarity fans would appreciate on how using the void might mean you being evil is not a fait accompli!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Xal'atath will be the mid tier endboss of the void lord expac.
    And you as a Void Lord what is your place in that expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    After rejection of the gift and Yrel drinking the light kool aide I had this theory (it's just a theory don't shit all over me) that their forces with the light and void who are either extremist or rogue to ideas of each side like X'era and Yrel represent the side of the light that will do and commit unspeakable horrors to win and the void with Xal'alath representing the side of the void who just want to be free to be something other then chaos (and hentai)......either that or Xal'alath feels that the other old gods are failures and she will open the way herself so she will just bid her time so there is no focus on her.

I hope she joins the void elves and teaches them the power of the dark side generating some conflict with the light based groups in the alliance like the lightforged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

She walks away from the Old Gods because she's serving a higher calling - that higher calling is being the one to bring about the Void Lords, or some void-related threat bigger (or newer) than the parasites that locked her up.
    She's an intriguing character, tbh, but that's my guess - she's gonna be one of the familiar faces we'll see when WoW: Void Stuff comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I hope she joins the void elves and teaches them the power of the dark side generating some conflict with the light based groups in the alliance like the lightforged.
    She'd be considered an enemy of the Ren'dorei because she serves the Void, however she could easily disguise her true intentions thanks to her mortal form. I could see that happening.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I don't think she'll be evil. That seems a bit too obvious.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    What if she becomes the source of creating more void elves from high/blood elves... and somehow gets won over or intrigued by the cause of the void elves, that actually end up being her route to total freedom of the void lords, and so , she becomes their powerful ally?

Kind of hope she does her own thing not serving anyone. Collect her own following and armies. Considering what happened to her why would she want to Serve the Void Lords again.

When Yrel finally Invades with the new Army of light and Xe'ra 2.0. Xal'atath could be a Xe'ra equal just have to find Void champion for her.. guess Alleria could work. Having half the world covered in Light and the other in Void could be kind of cool.

Yes, because Blizzard and subtle psychological writing have been such a thing in the last decade....

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will forgot her, or put her aside, for two expansions like they did with Wrathion. Then suddenly she'll reapper and be relevant to the then current story.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

I'd like her to just be a chaotic neutral force.
    Mostly self serving.
    Sometimes against our interests.
    Sometimes aligned with our interests.

More interested in her personal freedom, than being truly allied with others again. (After the betrayal of her old god brethren)

There are only two possibilities: either she has a "grand final goal" but nothing in between, meaning we won't see her for 2 expacs, or Blizzard has no idea what they'll do with her, and...we won't see her for 2 expacs.

Leaning toward the latter because she was probably only made a character due to Knaifu memes. But again, it makes no real difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

She said "Shadows guide you." so I guess she worships/follows/is one of void lords. This however doesn't mean she is evil. Draenei want Light to "embrace you" but they are tolerant towards shamans and druids. I think Blizzard doesn't have plans for her for now and she is more like Wrathion before BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    There are only two possibilities: either she has a "grand final goal" but nothing in between, meaning we won't see her for 2 expacs, or Blizzard has no idea what they'll do with her, and...we won't see her for 2 expacs.

Leaning toward the latter because she was probably only made a character due to Knaifu memes. But again, it makes no real difference.
    I am sure she will show up in void expansion. The only question is whether as true character or just small, almost easter egg NPC like members of order hall.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Kind of hope she does her own thing not serving anyone. Collect her own following and armies. Considering what happened to her why would she want to Serve the Void Lords again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post

When Yrel finally Invades with the new Army of light and Xe'ra 2.0. Xal'atath could be a Xe'ra equal just have to find Void champion for her.. guess Alleria could work. Having half the world covered in Light and the other in Void could be kind of cool.

The idea of Xe'ra being a Xe'ra void version is interesting, maybe the void lords somehow trapped/improsioned/bound her and it's related to how the void works.

The void elves free her, and she becomes their patron/champion just like Xe'ra was with the Lightforged. A powerful force joining us all against the void invasion/expansion or AU Yrel/Xe'ra or whatever. Just like we saw Xal'tath able to infuse a blood elf with void turning her void, Xal'atath is able to do so to other Thalassians, and this is how we get more void elves, or maybe in their freeing of her, there is a massive void explosion that turns the rest of the high/blood elves in the Telogrus rift void.

I better stop there, because if I continue I'd come up with a theory I really like, and ofc whatever turns up would be far more disappointing or just neglected, so it really isn't worth wasting creative energy on warcraft
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-01-06 at 09:01 PM.

What game are you playing that wow’s story is anything but obvious?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    What game are you playing that wow’s story is anything but obvious?
    The plots aren't (sometimes i think they go out of their way to try and surprise), but the cliches and tropes.. yes.

The plots sometimes feel like they intentionally went for the least likely or expected root, even at the cost of it being an interesting enough path, confident that they will engage or interest ous.. for example, BFA being about the factionwar instead of Azshara - which is what most people expected.. but no, that would be too obvious, so they sacrifice doing something people have been looking forward to on a much larger scale, just to surprise us with another generated faction war.

Frankly i'd have rather Azshara nad naz'jatar be the main focus, even though we've expected it, becuase it was popular, and htey weave an intenresting and good story, rather than go out of their way to engineer twists and confuse.

Another source of confusion is gatehring all the information and lore is no easy feat, even in teh game itself, (which is fine for the game part) you have to often do 2 factions, several professions, mythic raid difficulty, legendary quest chain and certain race/classes to get the full picture, but added to that you have comics, books that you may need to acquire. Now this annoys many people, but to be honest, i'd rather have this than not have this.

Sure I agree iwth most that the lore should be driven through the game, with all the major events happening in it, however 2 things from this, books will still be needed often to flesh out stories people are interesting in understanding more, secondly teh scope of the game world is too big for all of its stories to be told in game with their current resources. Take the night elves, my favourites, they are entirely ignored in most of wow (bar the redone cataclysm zones all original races got updates for, and Legion expansion which is in their historical location), however, whiles the game focused on telling the horde story, we've had 6 novels telling the night elves' story.

Which is why they're popular amongst the lore nerds. The Well of Eternity, The Demon Soul, The Sundering, Stormrage, Wolfheart, Illidan - they've had 2 Warbringers on them, Sylvanas and Azshara, several audio comics including the LEgion prequel with Maiev and Khadgar and the Nightborne one

without the extra material, none of these stories would exist and we wouldn't know a lot more about this race and blizzards vision for it. I draw my night elf lore from all these, and to be honest, there is much more in the books and WC3 (incl manual) than there is in game. When game development decided not to focus on the night elves but ignore them to boos the horde, their content and material got shoved to novels), and this is better than not having it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    She'll definitely align against the Azerothian Old Gods if they are relevant again but doesn't mean she's our friend.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Ideally, 10.0 will bring us back to Azeroth for a new word threat. Light and Void seems obvious (though I would love it if they did all cosmic powers), and a great path may be for you to pick a side. Like, both the Light and Void have their extreme sides, that seek to dominate. And sides that seek to preserve a balance. Think Xe'ra vs A'dal.

I'm sure she'd be brought back for a Void expansion. And I've no doubt she'll be involved in the player. Can't predict who. Supporter that turns treacherous. Or enemy that we bind or kick ass off to recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Ideally, 10.0 will bring us back to Azeroth for a new word threat. Light and Void seems obvious (though I would love it if they did all cosmic powers), and a great path may be for you to pick a side. Like, both the Light and Void have their extreme sides, that seek to dominate. And sides that seek to preserve a balance. Think Xe'ra vs A'dal.

I'm sure she'd be brought back for a Void expansion. And I've no doubt she'll be involved in the player. Can't predict who. Supporter that turns treacherous. Or enemy that we bind or kick ass off to recruit.
    I get the impression blizzard go to great lengths to make their expansions less predictable.. i think this is aprtly why we didn't get an Argus expansion (which came in 7.3 of Legion) and we didn't get an Azshara expansion which was 8.2 (but essentially could be viewed as Azshara repackaged with the Faction war being the greater emphasis rather than the big bad.

It's a mixed bag, as I explained above, because many do look forward to Argus and Naz'jatar and expected much more than a patch could provide, them going with those expansions would have been predictable but no less rewarding to the fans if they had really done them well. So is that what we'll get for 10.0?

I wonder - an actual void expansion, or something else with the void lords being a last patch resolve.