The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    It's not what @Stormbreed is saying. The facemask is just there to avoid the illness going around the studio. This poster is just trying to stir drama.
    Makes a lot more sense then some one who doesn’t want there face shown going to a big event to be on camera.

Really hope this boss lives through the reset for NA and EU. Gonna feel real bad if method gets a kill after US reset.

Edit: Americans can’t spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    What % are they at?
    Limit is 57% or so and Method at 73%

Definitely going into next reset and a reclear.

Would a win by Limit really count if Method was ill during the race and covering their mouths? Limit really shouldn't be exploiting those sick Method players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Nice, now Blizzard can properly tune the encounter so that whatever strat Method uses results in another WF for them.
    Wouldn't be the first time they've done that, and fucked a NA guild out of a world first.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time they've done that, and fucked a NA guild out of a world first.
    I'm no longer sure if this is a meme or paint as breakfast

I think the most surprising thing to me is either just how poorly Method is playing or how well Limit is. Right now its 10pm on Day 6 of raiding for Method and the best they have gotten is 73% and to the secret phase once. We know by this time on Day 5 of raiding Limit had turned off their streams and hit the secret phase multiple times and got it to 68.5% So Method is still like 24 hours off Limit's pace even considering the 16 hour reset time difference, US having like 4.5 hours more maintainence downtime this week, bugs/hotfixes Limit has dealt with, and Method being able to see all video and comms.

Usually Method the further the week goes on starts closing the gap, but right now feels like they are falling even further behind as time passes. The biggest thing that has been consistent so far this race is Limit's DPS is not slightly better than Method's, its been considerably better.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatdownBrigade View Post
    I think the most surprising thing to me is either just how poorly Method is playing or how well Limit is. Right now its 10pm on Day 6 of raiding for Method and the best they have gotten is 73% and to the secret phase once. We know by this time on Day 5 of raiding Limit had turned off their streams and hit the secret phase multiple times and got it to 68.5% So Method is still like 24 hours off Limit's pace even considering the 16 hour reset time difference, US having like 4.5 hours more maintainence downtime this week, bugs/hotfixes Limit has dealt with, and Method being able to see all video and comms.

Usually Method the further the week goes on starts closing the gap, but right now feels like they are falling even further behind as time passes. The biggest thing that has been consistent so far this race is Limit's DPS is not slightly better than Method's, its been considerably better.
    Method are playing normally, Limit has been the stronger guild the entire expansion outside of having zero experience at the world first level when it comes to strategy and overall raid decisions. Method's experience in those areas have made up and put them ahead of Limit because of that. As Limit gets more experience they're getting better and better and we are seeing the results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatdownBrigade View Post

I think this really is the biggest thing. I don't know if its comp, gear or players, but Limit is far exceeding what Method has been doing. I am honestly concerned about reclears for guilds that used the Lock method for the boss, because it will obviously be gone with the reset time fix. So that means a new strat will be required for guilds like Method, where Limit, despite using Demon Hunters, are very likely going to be able to do it again, as the DH increase was marginal compared to the Lock increase.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, but we’ve been fooled before. Last race Limit looked strong the whole time then one day Method, after a series of longer theory crafting breaks, just turned on the jets and blew by Limit.

I don’t know if there’s a common thread here but I’m not going to be convinced limits got it in the bag until they are obviously about to cross the finish line.
    O i definitely wouldn't call it for Limit yet. I think this tier if they lose, it will be less them choking, and more Method pulling their heads out of their asses. Limit is just outclassing them hard right now.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

doesnt it feel at this hour method is doing better than limit? feels like Limit is stuck.

I agree, but we’ve been fooled before. Last race Limit looked strong the whole time then one day Method, after a series of longer theory crafting breaks, just turned on the jets and blew by Limit.

I don’t know if there’s a common thread here but I’m not going to be convinced limits got it in the bag until they are obviously about to cross the finish line.
    You mean after blizz super nerfed the hard phase allowing method to do their mongo burn final phase strat?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    O i definitely wouldn't call it for Limit yet. I think this tier if they lose, it will be less them choking, and more Method pulling their heads out of their asses. Limit is just outclassing them hard right now.
    I think it will be less them choking and more Blizzard doing what they can to help Method win. Because that despawn of the boss was bullshit. If they were going to despawn the boss it should have been stopped across ALL timezones until fixed. Blizzard pulls this shit all the time and it's oh so convenient that it always favors Method.

If Blizzard isn't favoring Method they've been doing a real shit job as it really does appear that way.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I'm no longer sure if this is a meme or paint as breakfast
    Considering how long certain bosses have been broken there is a certain impression given stormwall comes to mind. Not saying it's right but there have definitely been some game breaking bugs and horrible tuning that have heavily eaten into progression.

My memory is a bit off from last race, but wasn't the difference mostly due to Blizzards timing with nerfs? Method had a very risky strategy that wasn't working too well until suddenly a nerf from Blizzard made it very viable with good play.

I get a win is a win, and we'll never know results had things gone differently. But how Queen was originally tuned and then when/how it was fixed Limit has a legitimate gripe. They were well in the lead and had a part of the fight literally unable to progress by until a hotfix when the race got tight. You can argue they lost the 50/50 from that point, but they also got robbed of an even larger than reset time difference lead they built up to that point. Method did flat out outplay them on Jaina in my opinion tho. G'huun Limit probably blew it with the lockout extend, but that was an entry expansion boss that I don't think showcased much from either guild outside it was basic but just required a certain amount of DPS throughput.

If I recall correctly, the past two races Method won based on more aggressive strategies that worked. On Jaina they burned the boss and on Azshara they subtracted a healer.

That said, I don’t remember Jaina that well but my sense from watching the streams more closely in EP was that both guilds had an ultimately workable strat but Method, despite running the riskier one, was also far more consistent when things came down to the wire. Limit was having a lot of lost pills due to early wipes and it’s my (non-scientific) impression that Method was not.
    Jaina was definitely because of aggressively trying new strategies and that was a big downfall of Limit's leadership. EP Limit started getting less consistent and that didn't help at all. The nerfs definitely enabled and helped Method's strategies though. It's pretty annoying that things are so bugged in races and it's more than likely a big coincidence that nerfs help Method a lot this expansion.

Or maybe Scripe is just a time traveler or is a massive brain and predicts these nerfs before hand.

As an european who always rooted for method, i must say that limit stream is MUCH more enjoyable. No bullshit chit chat from casters but actual fight coms and the raid leader not even playing being fully dedicated to RL giving us the best POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    As an european who always rooted for method, i must say that limit stream is MUCH more enjoyable. No bullshit chit chat from casters but actual fight coms and the raid leader not even playing being fully dedicated to RL giving us the best POV.
    And their music selection is better.

Did Limit figure out what they need to do after the chamber boss?

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Same here, having comms makes it so much more enjoyable to watch. I just can't stand watching Method's stream without comms. I'd love to if they did stream comms but that's never going to happen for progression for whatever reason.