Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tauren and NE are the only druids

As the title says, why you ask? Because Blizzard forgot that being a druid is a culture and must play vital role in the race's life also a close proximity to a druidic seat of knowledge like moonglade is a must. People try and use the excuse that X person is from X race and is a druid but they forget the character we are playing is suppose to represent the average citizen not 1 in 50k that would lead to all sorts of crazy crap.

Look at the worgen, they were shoed horned into the game which made the NE's look dumb and retarded. I don't know about you but the NE's wanting to help a human race which was practicing forbidden lore, warped their bodies and murdered 90% of their own population. Old NE's would've saw them as abominations and seek to purge each of them from existence.

Trolls are no better it was a bloody joke when they first introduced them as the level 9 quests mobs and people use the poor excuse of LOA worship but that's not druidism.

When I come across the fake druids I still do everything in my power to make them suffer. I've trained countless mobs into them, denied them to quests, kicked them from dungeons, got them kick/remove from raids and blackmailed/bribed/lied/sabotage them out of guilds.

i mean u tried dude but tauren aren't real druids either and were only retroactively given druids because the devs wanted class balance and they looked kind of naturey. your druid racial purism troll post has not gone far enough
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

Different cultures approach the same subjects differently with the same result.

Nothing says druids have to live near Moonglade or Val'sharah or any other druidic center.

What forbidden lore were the worgen practicing? They were turned into worgen by an artifact the night elves created in the first place. Also by old night elves do you mean the ones who summoned the Legion and sundered the world?

Loa is a catch all term trolls use for all powerful supernatural beings. To them Cenarius is a loa. To say trolls druids aren't druids because they get their shapeshifting powers from loa is like saying night elf priests aren't priests because they get their power from Elune. Halyon above me put it well. Various cultures approach the powers different ways.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I want Pandarian Druids, they are one with their land and at peace with the world around them. Big panda for tanking, chi ji for boomkin, Youlon for flight form.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waltzing View Post
    When I come across the fake druids I still do everything in my power to make them suffer. I've trained countless mobs into them, denied them to quests, kicked them from dungeons, got them kick/remove from raids and blackmailed/bribed/lied/sabotage them out of guilds.
    Yikes .

Sorry buddy but Blizzard created & own the WoW IP, they decide who is a true scotsmen (or druid in this stupid case). It seems they completely disagree and that various races can now be druids too, which is a good thing for people who like variety.

TL;DR? Blizzard know more than you think you know.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Nothing says druids have to live near Moonglade or Val'sharah or any other druidic center.

What forbidden lore were the worgen practicing? They were turned into worgen by an artifact the night elves created in the first place. Also by old night elves do you mean the ones who summoned the Legion and sundered the world?

Loa is a catch all term trolls use for all powerful supernatural beings. To them Cenarius is a loa. To say trolls druids aren't druids because they get their shapeshifting powers from loa is like saying night elf priests aren't priests because they get their power from Elune. Halyon above me put it well. Various cultures approach the powers different ways.
    It helps being close and it used to be a requirement to get a full education in druidism sure you could get half ass information from else where but to become a full druid it required a trip to moonglade.

The type of lore where they went nuts and murdered their own people? Yea after they messed around with the artifact abit sure. Not that far back i mean pre-cata.

Not all loa worship granted shapeshifting powers and that kind wasn't really big with darkspear, other troll factions though most certainly

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a connection to the Emerald dream?

-Yah mon

Can you turn into different animals?

-Yah

Congratulations, you are a druid
    Special points for being a troll and having way more interesting forms
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Do you have a connection to the Emerald dream?

-Yah mon

Can you turn into different animals?

-Yah

Congratulations, you are a druid
    Special points for being a troll and having way more interesting forms
    Tell me this if there was no other troll factions in the game and it was before cata, would you consider trolls a druid candidate? No you wouldn't because everyone just assume well other trolls can do it so can darkspear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    Yikes .

Sorry buddy but Blizzard created & own the WoW IP, they decide who is a true scotsmen (or druid in this stupid case). It seems they completely disagree and that various races can now be druids too, which is a good thing for people who like variety.

TL;DR? Blizzard know more than you think you know.
    Variety is good when it doesn't cut others who are already starving for lore.

Nah, Op, you are full of BS. Only male night elves are true druids, as seen in warcraft 3. Everything else is just pandering to casuals and fanboys.

Hate to break it to you but if you don't play male night elf druid then you are a fake druid.

F-A-K-E D-R-U-I-D

They weren't kind of naturey they're deeply embedded in nature, native to kalimdor and had diplomacy relations with the NE so it's logical. A faction which followed orcs and warlocks from eastern kingdoms makes way less sense.

Nothing ever pointed at druids being all united. In WC3, Malfurion calls himself the Archdruid of Moonglade (RoC campaign, Barrow Deeps level). I always interpreted as leaving open the possibility of other groups with their own Archdruid.

They're literally not though, I can roll a number of races as Druid.

Stop acting like a salty child, would be my advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They're literally not though, I can roll a number of races as Druid.

Stop acting like a salty child, would be my advice.
    Is what people used to say when they asked for more druid races
    Last edited by waltzing; 2020-01-18 at 01:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you but the NE's wanting to help a human race which was practicing forbidden lore, warped their bodies and murdered 90% of their own population.
    This sentence right here just shows how little you paid attention to the lore regarding Worgen... They didn't choose to be Worgen, it was forced upon them, THAT is why the Night Elves helped them.

they forget the character we are playing is suppose to represent the average citizen
    Yeah that's completely false too, the player character has been an uber powerful hero since WotLK.

What are you, twelve? Stop acting like a petulant child and grow the fuck up.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing in the lore that says other races can't be druids, and your examples for requirments to be a druid are all completely false headcanon.

Druid is not a culture, and it doesn't have to play a vital role in the race's life, nowhere in the lore is that stated to be a requirement.

and nowhere in the lore is "a close proximity to a druidic seat of knowledge like moonglade" stated to be "a must", if that were "a must" there would have never been any druids to begin with, because that seat of knowledge didn't exist before the first druids did... How do you think the first Mages came to be? The first Priests? Shaman? Sometimes people just figure shit out on their own and start teaching others, and there's nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't make them any less than those who were trained by a major order..

Stop making shit up to justify your prejudice.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-01-16 at 09:41 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I feel like Troll druids are pretty prevalent in the lore as well, going way back.

Maybe its because its always been my main, but druids have always felt synonymous with trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I feel like Troll druids are pretty prevalent in the lore as well, going way back.

Maybe its because its always been my main, but druids have always felt synonymous with trolls
    ???!! you mean the race that literally lives side by side with the spirits of nature were 'deeply embedded in nature/insert whatever weird gatekeeping OP is doing here'? preposterous

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Nah, Op, you are full of BS. Only male night elves are true druids, as seen in warcraft 3. Everything else is just pandering to casuals and fanboys.

Hate to break it to you but if you don't play male night elf druid then you are a fake druid.

F-A-K-E D-R-U-I-D
    On top of that only Night Elf druids have shadow meld, the best racial in wow, that especially makes druids insanely great.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly this was my biggest wtf moment when I went back and played WC3. I knew of Warcraft but my first real deep dive into it was WoW. When I went back to WC3 and saw how closely druids were tied to Night Elves it was odd that suddenly Tauren were just druids now too. It was clearly for faction balance because they probably didn't want Alliance to have 2 exclusive classes and didn't know what else to give to Horde at the time.

The farther we get from it the less I care because the lore has shifted so much since then but this has always been weird to me.

As a series gets older lore always changes and evolve overtime. They can and will change the lore as they see fit, even if it means something ridiculous as lightforged undead.