Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Im a bit of the same way, i jumped on the hype train and lvled a druid to step outside of the meta craze, made it to 60 and raided once and im pretty much done, it was fun but now that i think about it i just thought it was fun, and i think it may be due to the phase system, theyre releasing raids and pvp in such a fucked way that it throws you off. Bwl before zg? Av before ab? Like why would you do AB when youre just going to farm av? Zg is an entry lvl raid you do to get a little geared to walk into the bigger raids, like seriously wtf.
    That's because of the order it was released in. Certain bgs came before others. Bwl came before zg. They wanted to loosely follow the same release order to provide a similar experience to vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for letting us know. I’ll never get these threads. I mean would you guys all be fascinated for me to make a thread about trying BFA out again and how much I hated it? Because I don’t think anyone would give a fuck. But man if I’m missing something I could make a thread with detailed points about every single thing in BFA I despise too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Im a bit of the same way, i jumped on the hype train and lvled a druid to step outside of the meta craze, made it to 60 and raided once and im pretty much done, it was fun but now that i think about it i just thought it was fun, and i think it may be due to the phase system, theyre releasing raids and pvp in such a fucked way that it throws you off. Bwl before zg? Av before ab? Like why would you do AB when youre just going to farm av? Zg is an entry lvl raid you do to get a little geared to walk into the bigger raids, like seriously wtf.
    ZG was after BWL though. That’s why it’s coming after. ZG gear is better than much of BWL/MC gear anyways so it’s not a big deal.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracleez View Post
    I had to comment on this, because I've seen it several times and it makes me lol every time. Usually I just sit back and watch these "my opinion is right and yours is wrong" fights with my Netflix and popcorn, but every once in a while someone chimes in with an opinion that's "objectively true, not a matter of opinion in any way." Dude. You literally said, "better." What makes something better is a matter of opinion, especially in this case.

Yes, there are more races and classes. That's a fact.

That more races and classes is better is an opinion. For instance, it's my opinion that more races and classes is a lot of the problem with retail wow. 1) I wish they wouldn't spend dev time on it and would spend dev time on raids and quests rather than a race i will never play, no matter how good the racials are. 2) Most of them are reskins and shouldn't be races, they should be transmogs. 3) I don't want to spend any time at all dealing with unlocking the races, but they force you to or ignore quests that continually pop up in your quest log if you abandon them. 4) For classes, more classes = more class balance problems, especially in pvp. Always been a problem, but it does make it worse (again, in my opinion). For the record, I'm saying class balance would be better on retail than it is now if we had less classes. I'm not saying that class balance was good in vanilla/classic.

Also, I play retail. My point is, I can offer you reasons why I prefer less classes and races. Therefore, it's not "objectively better" to have more.
    I said nothing about the number of classes, I only talked about races. Those are made by different people, just like it's a completely different team making raids and quests and dungeons. Making races take zero time away from making all these things you mentioned EXCEPT the beginning zones which take quest designer time, and jokes on you all these new races don't even have a freaking beginning zone so that's also out of the equation.

The main purpose of classes is to offer players options to pick, mostly in terms of aesthetics. I think we can all agree on that, right? From this perspective and with the knowledge that making more races doesn't take away from making actual content (not to mention new beginning zones for new races have always been a big draw in every xpacks that has them, they are usually very well received which is also objectively better for the game), it's pretty safe to say that having more races is better. We could reach a point where there's so many that it becomes a nuisance, like literally breaking the character creation screen or making he game like 500go just from models and textures but we're nowhere near that.

Basically all your arguments about having more races have been invalidated, I still stand that my original statement is objectively true. BTW, here's something fun for you. Having 10 bucks is objectively better than having 5 bucks. That's also not subjective, many "better" things are not subjective.Vaccinating your kids is objectively better than not vaccinating them. Disagreement is not proof of subjectivity, you could simply be wrong like anti-vaxxers or flat earthers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I think there's just some overly sensitive people about a game they enjoy and seeing it shit on here or there strikes a nerve.

I did my time in Classic (lv 60, raided, was around for shit honor system world ganking and silver lining bgs), but for someone who is busy it feels like my time is more respected in Retail. Also the class balance is way better.

And the Classic community is so damn toxic, to the point that even content creators for it aren't even creating content for it anymore and some have even gone to play other games (more cuz there's not much to do in the game).

But anyway, I think you're getting a lot of those comments because maybe those people don't want others to see those sorts of comments and drive more people away from Classic and possibly over to Retail (there's this weird competition thing some people have between Classic/Retail as if one can't enjoy both).
    And that only doubles down on the hypocrisy, because these people were the first to shit on retail, and now they can't accept others doing the exact same thing they did.

They were less toxic as retail bashers than they are as classic white knights, at least on the forums, I'm glad they're gone from the game though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta laugh at people coming in here telling everyone how much they're ignoring Classic.

You're not missing out, as far as I can tell everyone who still plays it at my work or in my group of friends is miserable, mind you they're all on pvp servers but so was I. And im sure you have seen a ton of twitch streamers and professional players already stop, I think most of them gave BFA more of a shot lol. But seriously everyone I know just constantly has something fundamentally to complain about it. I think it was fun to check out the first few months, and now it's going to be a niche that only the hardcore want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It's because you're a sensible person who realises wanting to spend your time playing a 15 year old game that means nothing now is a monumental waste of time
    Playing any video game is a waste of time lol. Depending on how you view it, everything is a waste of time. If you're having fun, I dont see it as a waste of time.

Then don't play it. No need to ponder such things.
    Its just a game. Its not for everyone.

But I do sympathize.
    I LOVE the classic content, but a combination of the toxicity in the playerbase and the very poor design make it very very hard.
    If they would just put old ZG, scholo, naxx and zones back I would have zero interest in ever doing anything but playing Live though.

Classic is fine, but besides the content, it is just worse in every way to live for me.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Then don't play it. Man, that was hard.

Thanks for the blog post.

I prefer the 1 mech bosses in Classic to the 5 phases 1 million mechanics bosses in BFA atm

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because you're a sensible person who realises wanting to spend your time playing a 15 year old game that means nothing now is a monumental waste of time
    What are you doing on a video game forum with this nonsense point of view?

I'm not really sure what you want to discuss. These are all personal feelings you sum up for a video game and the obvious answer we can give is ''than it wasn't your taste'', like you should already know. I'm sure your not the only one, it is an older game after all which is harder to get into.

All I can say is that Classic and retail are just entirely different games at this point. Retail is more focussed on end game content while Classic is more about the world and the journey to reach max level. I sometimes see that people complain about leveling in Classic being to slow, which is exactly the point of Classic where gaining a level should feel like you get a lot stronger. In retail its just a roadblock to reach the content that Blizzard actually designed for the expansion.

You can always try to wait for TBC which is often seen as an improvement over Classic.

I find myself not wanting to play Nyolotha because I'm enjoying classic more. I was one of those people saying "watch what you ask for with classic" and have done a complete 180 with it. Now how do i break it to my guild you need to find a new lock to summon your lazy asses to the raid? (j/k not a real question! Just stop showing up to raids!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I prefer the 1 mech bosses in Classic to the 5 phases 1 million mechanics bosses in BFA atm
    Yeah, im with you on that part. I watch more timers these days than enjoying the look of thew raids.

It is the power of choice. They like it.. they play it.. good for them. You don't seem to like it.. you don't play it... good for you.

This isn't exactly rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Basically all your arguments about having more races have been invalidated, I still stand that my original statement is objectively true.
    Basically all my arguments, but not all (I don't want to deal with them, invalidate that), and that's before you notice that many of the "reasons" you provided were opinion (again). I could also provide many other reasons why I don't like more races (racials do play into class balance). Art designers are involved in dungeon/quest/mob creation - just because they aren't designing mechanics doesn't mean the same people who work on art don't work on new classes as well as new dungeons and new mobs, and yes people who aren't on the art team do have to deal with putting new classes in the game, it would be silly to accept your hypothesis that there isn't programmer time involved in dealing with racials, db updates, introductory and unlocking quests, etc. My point was that it's not objective, it's literally a matter of opinion.
    I agreed with most of your post, but this is a freakin' game - this is not "is the earth round," which is a provable hypothesis, and the question on this whole thread is "what is better." "More classes is better" is not provable, it is an opinion, and the idea that this happens repeatedly in these forums is what cracks me up. Yours is not the first post that attempts to tell others that what is provably subjective (I already did that) is objective. Games are a complex ecosystem, and something that might be better for one person in one particular way might make another wish it wasn't in the game. I don't hate you man (even though you equated my opinion with being a flat-earther or anti-vaxx over a stupid video game) even though I disagree with you. Can we take the venom down a touch?
    Last edited by Baracleez; 2020-01-17 at 04:22 PM.

I thought I'd enjoy playing a shaman on classic but it's like 80% autoattacking at these low levels, which is incredibly boring. I also definitely didn't miss having no quest markers so I'd have to wander around to hopefully eventually find what the right kind of boar for the livers. Wildtusk boar? Dire wildtusk boar? Young dire wildtusk piglet? It's gotta drop from one of these.

I just haven't been able to get back into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I find myself not wanting to play Nyolotha because I'm enjoying classic more. I was one of those people saying "watch what you ask for with classic" and have done a complete 180 with it. Now how do i break it to my guild you need to find a new lock to summon your lazy asses to the raid? (j/k not a real question! Just stop showing up to raids!)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, im with you on that part. I watch more timers these days than enjoying the look of thew raids.
    Imo Warcraft logs, Mechanics and difficulty is only there so people can tell you "You are not good enough". I wanna do guild retail raid and be on discord laughing, conversing and having a good time with people.. but eventually those people want to move to the next tier of raiding.. Even tho normal or heroic is fine for me as i am not very good with learning new, Multible or complex things.

I am currently enjoying said things with my Classic guild at Onyxia and Molten core, I just wish Retail could be like that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I don't get why people feel the need to comment in these threads. Ok, so you don't like the thread? What are you trying to achieve by making a comment about it?

As you can see, you did exactly what the OP did: voice your opinion. If you can do it, so can he. You're free to ignore anything you don't like, just scroll away my dude.
    He made a thread, I made a post. If you cannot see the difference then I cannot help you. And since it is you, I don't expect you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    That's ok mate, at least you tried a few times and realized this game is not for you. I did the same with BfA and I couldn't stand it, left a few weeks later. The good situation is there are two different World of Warcraft for two different types of players, so everyone is happy.
    Classic and BfA are both equally bad, so no i'm not.

Whats the point of this thread? Theres nothing to discuss and no one cares about your feelings, homie.. go blog somewhere else.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-01-17 at 04:29 PM.

I like current video games, not ones I've already played over 10 years ago
    Sounds like a waste of time.