Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horrific Vision as Elemental Shaman

Hello Shamans!

How well do we Elemental perform in these Horrific Visions, if done solo?

My back is now on Rank 3 and i would like to try the Vally of Spirits while be able to finish off Thrall.

I am at 443 GS - what Essences and Talents do you use, have u any suggsestions ir tipps?

Thanks guys!

https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/...elemental/cNBM
    https://www.wowhead.com/heart-of-aze...tal/ABcDFgMFBA

Cleared valley of spirits, the drag and thrall at cloak rank 3 (but with more gear, 450)
    You should have no problem doing just valley and thrall with that

You are doing the research thingies and have sanity orbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/...elemental/cNBM
    https://www.wowhead.com/heart-of-aze...tal/ABcDFgMFBA

Cleared valley of spirits, the drag and thrall at cloak rank 3 (but with more gear, 450)
    You should have no problem doing just valley and thrall with that

You are doing the research thingies and have sanity orbs?
    What's your general strategy, pull a ton of mobs and have earth ele tank?

Not sure what's optimal, but I've been using rank 3 purification protocol and pulling about 8-12 mobs at a time. 445 ilvl. Was doing the 2 corrupted zones, and did a lost one only today with my rank 5 cloak (screwed up since it was the first time going. Could have done it and a corrupted zone if I hadn't.) Talents are 2-3-2-1-1-3-2.

I would recommend doing valley of spirits before the drag. The drag has some mobs that can channel stun you and kill off the run.
    Last edited by harruin; 2020-01-19 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    What's your general strategy, pull a ton of mobs and have earth ele tank?
    No, I was playing it very safe (don't want to waste attempts this early) pulling only 2 or 3 packs at the same time and using a different cooldown on each (stormkeeper/blood/ele)

You don't ever want to pull multiple mobs that can cc you (or that grippy totem in first zone)
    Last edited by Shauren; 2020-01-19 at 10:44 AM.

I do have the sanity Orbs and 2 points in the solo talent.

To be fast, dodge stuff, and dont die is pretty difficult for me...

On my 436 Prot Paladin , to do the Valey of Spirits was easy breezy... but with my Ele i cant pull that much, and loose always a bunch of health,,,,

I found an 446 Gs Elemental doing 2 districts Solo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWPPk8glaaA
    Last edited by Mordog; 2020-01-19 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    I do have the sanity Orbs and 2 points in the solo talent.

To be fast, dodge stuff, and dont die is pretty difficult for me...

On my 436 Prot Paladin , to do the Valey of Spirits was easy breezy... but with my Ele i cant pull that much, and loose always a bunch of health,,,,

I found an 446 Gs Elemental doing 2 districts Solo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWPPk8glaaA
    Should have lusted on the 2 bosses in the lost area as an improvement imo, you want to spend as little time there as possible, thrall on the other hand has the least sanity drain you can spend another 20 seconds there and lose far less sanity his mechanics are not hard.

Or he could have used the trick he did for the first boss in the corrupted area standing inside the normal area for less drain, he could have pulled the big boss in the lost area and got into the starting area for less sanity drain.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2020-01-19 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Should have lusted on the 2 bosses in the lost area as an improvement imo, you want to spend as little time there as possible, thrall on the other hand has the least sanity drain you can spend another 20 seconds there and lose far less sanity his mechanics are not hard.

Or he could have used the trick he did for the first boss in the corrupted area standing inside the normal area for less drain, he could have pulled the big boss in the lost area and got into the starting area for less sanity drain.
    I tried what the guy in the Video did...

I failed...
    managed to finish the Valley of Wisdom,,, but i did not even had enough sanity left to get to Thrall...

so i got the Rank 2 Essence, but no Cloack Upgrade.... so i am behind forever or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    I tried what the guy in the Video did...

I failed...
    managed to finish the Valley of Wisdom,,, but i did not even had enough sanity left to get to Thrall...

so i got the Rank 2 Essence, but no Cloack Upgrade.... so i am behind forever or what?
    No, there's a weekly cap. 6 is the cap this week, and 7 next week. So you'll eventually catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    No, there's a weekly cap. 6 is the cap this week, and 7 next week. So you'll eventually catch up.
    ahh i see.

So three Visions per week seems to be doable in regards to farmin the currency to get the Vessle.

If i am not greedy next ID i will be on cought up by then

that hole systems sucks like hell. class dependent, unbalanced, short thought. blizz reached their lowest possible point... cheesus how that company fucked up since 2005...

if you come up with the „do it better“ question, just imagine this:

- you get a currency (i.e. valor points)
    - there is a cap of 2000 per week
    - you buy dedicated gear based on your currency after cap reached (or in this shitty system: ranks for cloak..)

this leads to:
    - class unbalance: it will always exists. but in that scenario the wrong or right class just changes the time it took when you reach cap. you reach cap anyway. either by doing 5 times low shit or 2 times hard shit. so your only loose by wrong class is 1-2 hours of time per week.
    - when you missed a week your next week cap is 4000 valor points. leads to ppl can play how and when they want.
    - dedicated work towards fixed gear, everyone is asking for since years. you can decide what to get after action is done.

that hole complex system could be done bettr by miiiiles with factor 10 less investment and factor 10 more happy customers. blizz is completelly out of touch imo.

what a fuck fest...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-01-19 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    that hole systems sucks like hell. class dependent, unbalanced, short thought. blizz reached their lowest possible point... cheesus how that company fucked up since 2005...

if you come up with the „do it better“ question, just imagine this:

- you get a currency (i.e. valor points)
    - there is a cap of 2000 per week
    - you buy dedicated gear based on your currency after cap reached (or in this shitty system: ranks for cloak..)

this leads to:
    - class unbalance: it will always exists. but in that scenario the wrong or right class just changes the time it took when you reach cap. you reach cap anyway. either by doing 5 times low shit or 2 times hard shit. so your only loose by wrong class is 1-2 hours of time per week.
    - when you missed a week your next week cap is 4000 valor points. leads to ppl can play how and when they want.
    - dedicated work towards fixed gear, everyone is asking for since years. you can decide what to get after action is done.

that hole complex system could be done bettr by miiiiles with factor 10 less investment and factor 10 more happy customers. blizz is completelly out of touch imo.

what a fuck fest...
    It's pretty obvious that this is the last thing Blizzard wants. Note that they took away saving for gear in PvP in favour of random loot boxes. When they put back just getting PvP gear they made it slow to get and gained in a fixed order, so it's basically useless. Before this rubbish you could grind out PvP pieces (and once upon a time even losses got you decent amounts of currency) to fill gaps in your gear, including a decent weapon (very important if your weapon luck sucked like mine did for about half the tiers/seasons). Now if some slot refuses to fill, you have to rely on RNGesus to finally relent. Benthic gear was a nice change, pity about the ring, trinket, and weapon slots.

Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    Not entirely true. He'll be behind on stockpiling vessels for later weeks which require more than 1 week's worth of vessels.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I was able to do the 2 corruptet Zones and Alleria in the Stomrwind Vision with at the time of doing 446GS Elemental Shaman.

I just wear the Corrupted 440 Bracer´s, i just dont have any other Corrputet Gear with my Shaman.

And it was relativly Easy to do, i think i could have managed to do a lost and a corrupted Zone as well as Alleria.

And i dont have the Vision Trait wich grants me 200 Sanity for killing an Elite Mob, i hope i can unlock it dies week

I will try to do better this ID.

Just wanted to share some infos.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Not entirely true. He'll be behind on stockpiling vessels for later weeks which require more than 1 week's worth of vessels.
    I think there's a limit to how many you can stockpile. Isn't it 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I think there's a limit to how many you can stockpile. Isn't it 5?
    Yeah, and enough of the currency to buy 2.5. Saw a video where a guy broke it down, u don’t really fall behind until rank 14/15. U get the proc at rank 12 so as long as u hit that on time u should be fine.

Recently switched to Enhacement from Elemental.

Not because of Visions, just because i got Enhancer Vibes in me .

But i must say that the Visions feel smoother to do as Enhancer ( i guess as every Meele this would be the case )

My best attempts ( solo ) in Stormwind are 2 corruptet Zones and 1 lost ( Shawn ) and nearly the other lost district ( Boss was at 50% HP) I did loose a bunch of Sanity for because of mistakes. I Could have done Alleria instead of the second Lost Zone. i am certain i would do it in time then.

And in Orgrimmar i did both corrupted Ares, and the lost one with Rexxar, as well as Thrall. But i think i could have managed the other lost Zone instead of Thrall.

So i would say i am 4/5 no Masks ofc.

I did it as a 453 Enhancer Shaman with not much play exp as Enhancer.

Just to provide some info here.

only advise i can give is use the kit you have, Capacitor totem, earth bind totem,, wind shear (one of the shortest CD for an interrupt), thunder storm knock back as an interrupt. ECT... this system is designed to be hard at first and become easier over time as you get gear from raiding/mythic +, slowly upgrading your cloak, and horrific talent tree thing and most of all learn the mechanics of each pack of mobs witch ones to CC, which ones to nuke, which ones to watch for interrupt. Before you know it we will be doing full clears every week.

Visions as elemental are a drag. it is not even about dmg or survival, it is just tedious. I have ilvl 460 and can do 3 wings + boss, but as a melee with this ilvl it would be so much easier to steamroll through the groups and much quicker.
    You pretty much always have to stand still since you mostly pull more than 4 or 5 mobs and flameshocking doesnt really work.

But with all this annyoing stuff on you it just makes it really tedious in my opinion. Single target dmg is not an issue at all. Most elite bosses or thrall die in 10 seconds but the trash sucks (and especially the Affix in the rexxar wing sucks as hell --> almost always spawning while moving or running out shit or a corrupted eye Zone and then getting disoriented sucks balls).

Hey! I know this site. Always used it to create my characters, LOL.