Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Not claiming that it was ever a thing, but the punch was the result of N'Zoth's corruption.
    No, I'm pretty sure that punch was because Wrathion really fucking deserved it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yes, the point is that there is nothing weird in thinking that a teenager might engage in sexual behaviour.
    No, the point is that these discussions draw oddly specific depictions of gay teenage boys. I am fairly confident nobody at Blizzard is trying to subversively plant a gay teenage sex storyline in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    No, the point is that these discussions draw oddly specific depictions of gay teenage boys.
    Which seem to be done far more by the people against the idea of Anduin and Wrathion being together than those in favor of it. Those in favor of it seem to just be like, "Oh that's cute" while the ones against it are like, "GAY SEX!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Chemistry as in that the characters play off of each other well, either as friends or enemies/rivals.

I find that popular Wow-ships (and ships in general) are based on this principle. Are they entertaining or compelling on screen when they interact? Do they fit a trope that many still find satisfactory? It'll be shipped. Meanwhile many of the few canon relationships have the chemistry of soggy ramen. Which is probably because they have a bad habit of literally inventing a nobody character to fill the role of wife or husband.
    Don't think I've heard the term "chemistry" be applied so broadly before.

As characters with a shared narrative Maiev and Illidan play well off of one another, sure. I would generally only 'ship characters who had romantic chemistry with one another, so aspect of their personalities that struck a chord, as it were. Illidan and Maiev don't have that kind of chemistry. Neither do Kalec and Jaina, to be honest; their relationship always felt a bit tacked on (which is likely why it ended as unceremoniously as it began). Arthas and Jaina had a lot more chemistry insofar as that went, although that didn't amount to much either, given the givens.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    It's never been a thing and never will be.
    It was a thing and always will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    Considering the cinematic and the general feelings against wrathion... Is the dream dead?
    That was never a fucking thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Yeah...and the ones that get really sexualized are generally played by actors who're 18 and over

This is taking young teens and forcing them to be something they're not.
    Well that's how it goes for all "teenagers" centric series, no?

And noone is forcing anyone to be what they are not.

Again, regardless of this, i reiterate, i do agree that the idea of Anduin wooing a guy is nothing more than a ship that some people like, that was even pointed out by the author that it was not a thing

Anduin is just being a pert little tsundere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    My point is how many couples are really front and center in the story? Malfurion and Tyrande for sure, Alleria and Turalyion and that's about it - the rest hardly show up in the story. WoW isn't a story about couples

- - - Updated - - -

If two characters in WoW aren't trying to kill each other, they must be fucking. Even when they do try to kill each other, they fucking as well, but angry.
    Honestly it's better that way. Tyrande being baited by Xavius with the "Tyranduuuuh I need you!!" "I'm coming my love!" was probably the most triggering thing I witnessed in World of Warcraft. I avoided leveling in Val'sharrah on my alts just for that Tyrande Questline. And then Jaina x Kalec is just a self insert by (Knaak I think?) to fuck Jaina. Nathanos is a self insert by Danuser to fuck Sylvanas. Romance in WoW is just an excuse for whatever writer to self insert themselves to fuck the hot elf/human girl and it's cringe as fuck whenever they try.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-17 at 09:39 PM.

It never was a thing. Just some mentally unstable people grasping for something that never was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They never were a thing. The fact that two teenagers can't be friends for a bit without the internet sexualising them with literally 0 basis on that speculation is so fucking weird
    And that goes for pretty much every friendship between two guys

The ship never had any basis in reality whatsoever and the fact that people are in this level of denial even after Anduin expressed this level of disdain is just amusing. It's never, ever going to happen. Accept it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Those in favor of it seem to just be like, "Oh that's cute" while the ones against it are like, "GAY SEX!"
    I agree, this is also how I feel about it. I’m legit surprised at the hostility in the thread. Like it’s okay if it’s just wrathion is a flirt and anduin isn’t interested, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    W can agree to disagree, there was quite a bit of queerbaiting in those MoP scenes.
    No their wasnt. If you think that. You have a lot of mental growing to do. Its sad that you think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No their wasnt. If you think that. You have a lot of mental growing to do. Its sad that you think so.
    If someone offers me 10 years of adventure in a single night, I’d personally think that I’d be getting laid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Anduin is over 18 as of Before the Storm and Wrathion isn't a whelp anymore, which is what people used to say was objectionable on his end.

Just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

While you are taking a rather extreme take here, I do think its funny people don't seem to ever realize bisexual people DO exist.

Again, its still weird people jump immediate to graphic sex on this topic. Its a trope that comes up in the topic of normalizing homosexuality all the time, people against that jump to the most graphic thing they can to try and pretend its the norm.
    Before the storm takes place a long time after Pandarian, which is where this all started.

And your example is childish and not useful.

- - - Updated - - -

Than you have a very low mentality.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-17 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well that's how it goes for all "teenagers" centric series, no?

And noone is forcing anyone to be what they are not.

Again, regardless of this, i reiterate, i do agree that the idea of Anduin wooing a guy is nothing more than a ship that some people like, that was even pointed out by the author that it was not a thing
    But you see...Anduin is actually a young teen in Pandaria...there was no adult to present as a teen...it was a teen as a teen.

Bullshit no one is forcing anyone to be what they aren't, people are trying to force Anduin into this relationship so they can make gay jokes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Don't think I've heard the term "chemistry" be applied so broadly before.
    It's okay, I'm known for needing to clarify anything I ever say.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As characters with a shared narrative Maiev and Illidan play well off of one another, sure. I would generally only 'ship characters who had romantic chemistry with one another, so aspect of their personalities that struck a chord, as it were. Illidan and Maiev don't have that kind of chemistry. Neither do Kalec and Jaina, to be honest; their relationship always felt a bit tacked on (which is likely why it ended as unceremoniously as it began). Arthas and Jaina had a lot more chemistry insofar as that went, although that didn't amount to much either, given the givens.
    I'm the same, but sometimes I'd argue other characters are better suited for a relationship than the ones used. Kalec and Jaina is a good example. I did not like that pair and I felt both characters would be better off with someone else.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Looking at you Jaina x Thrall (though that one had a bigger chance of sailing)
    I dunno, I always read that on Thrall's side as being remorseful for what happened to Taretha.
    It was stated he found similarities in Jaina and Taretha, her sympathy for the orcs' plight only increased this feeling.