Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Still less bad than the MoP dailies early on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    This content was designed to waste your time. It's obvious.

Low rewards. Low spawn rates. Low drop rates. Non shared clickable objects.

It was on the PTR for months with no changes. This was DESIGNED this way. They know this is the only content they have for 8-10 months so it's 100% designed to waste your fucking time and drag out the rep and time-gating for months on end.
    It's actually the opposite.

They made the rewards low so you're not forced to do them. You can safely ignore the dailies and just do the mini vision + 3 caches and you gain enough for 3 vessel runs on average.

The only thing you'll neglect is the rep rewards which in case your class doesn't use them, isn't needed.

Worse than the Nazjatar and Mechagon ones? Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Majority would disagree with you. That's all I have to say on this matter.
    Since you don't know the majority personally and haven't asked their opinions, you have no idea what the majority thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Since you don't know the majority personally and haven't asked their opinions, you have no idea what the majority thinks.
    It's quite easy to see how well Legion was received compared to BfA. Those who think Legion wasn't more popular among the majority lives in a bubble. Check Blizzards own MAU from start of Legion to the last one we have now, it clearly indicates that more people played in Legion, thus more popular. Or are blizzard lying?

I am not saying BfA is so terrible, or that people don't like it mind you.

So yeah, me and people got an idea on what expansion was most popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Your opinion is an indication of the problem Blizzard is facing. One portion of the players likes to see harder content in the world and now another group is complaining about it being harder.
    It's not a hard concept to grasp.

People won't mind harder content if it's a one time thing, or otherwise limited.
    People do mind harder content when its part of the repeatable daily grind that's more a chore than a game that they all but force players to do in lieu of actual content.

Examples where harder content would be lovely are Mage Towers and the old Class Quests that the game used to have. Examples where it's not: Dailies and world quests.

It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    Ok don't do them. Problem solved. Noone is forcing you to do them. I finished them in 20 minutes per zone. The dailies are not an issue.
    Well said!

It's quite easy to see how well Legion was received compared to BfA. Those who think Legion wasn't more popular among the majority lives in a bubble. Check Blizzards own MAU from start of Legion to the last one we have now, it clearly indicates that more people played in Legion, thus more popular. Or are blizzard lying?

More people playing doesn't automatically mean it's more popular because you can't account for how many just play because it is addicting and don't care about how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    More people playing doesn't automatically mean it's more popular because you can't account for how many just play because it is addicting and don't care about how good it is.
    Sure, but that would also go for BfA then so that argument is just nonsensical.

No matter how we spin this, more people playing in this kind of metric simply means it's more popular. It's kinda hard to figure out the popularity differently.

You don't know shit, trust me. Not even a single clue. People were bitching just about as they do now or maybe even more - camera changes/legiondaries/ap farming.
    It is obvious and doesn't need any proof because blizzard never released statistics, I doubt they even have such thing aside from exit surveys.

waited for 20 mins for a rare spawn. didnt spawn. left the point for another rare, the previous spawned but I was long gone. god sake.
    those egg cluster destroying quest etc, should not despawn after somebody destroyed them. while I kill the pack that is next to it some asshole comes and destroys it. etc. it is clearly so unconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You don't know shit, trust me. Not even a single clue. People were bitching just about as they do now or maybe even more - camera changes/legiondaries/ap farming.
    It is obvious and doesn't need any proof because blizzard never released statistics, I doubt they even have such thing aside from exit surveys.
    I do admire your opinion and all the reaching you do to keep BfA as a better expansion than Legion, I really do.

But MAU from Q3 2016 to Q4 2019 shows that you are utterly wrong. It's blizzards own statements.

Oh wait, they are probably lying right?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Worse than the Nazjatar and Mechagon ones? Impressive.
    Doubt it you can fly in them asap.

I do admire your opinion and all the reaching you do to keep BfA as a better expansion than Legion, I really do.

But MAU from Q3 2016 to Q4 2019 shows that you are utterly wrong. It's blizzards own statements.

Oh wait, they are probably lying right?
    MAU doesn't mean shit. People are getting bored because its a damn 15 years game. You will never ever see long term growth no matter how fantastic next expansion will be.

So yes, BfA did fix a lot of shit legion failed, you can admire anything you like but you don't know anything about how majority fell.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    MAU doesn't mean shit. People are getting bored because its a damn 15 years game. You will never ever see long term growth no matter how fantastic next expansion will be.
    Legion shows that statement other wise.

Q4 2016
    "World of Warcraft saw an increase in total play time for the quarter, surpassing the Q3 expansion launch quarter and all non-launch quarters in the last four years."

"Blizzard had record levels of quarterly and full-year in-game revenues, driven by World of Warcraft in-game content"

Q2 2017
    "Time spent in World of Warcraft® grew year-over-year in the second quarter, and the Legion™ expansion continued to perform ahead of the prior expansion."

Q1 2018 "Blizzard had 38 million MAUsC. World of Warcraft® over-performed versus the prior expansion at this point in time, with higher engagement sequentially and strong community participation with in-game purchases."

In comparison we got this:
    Q4 2018 (BfA)"and World of Warcraft® saw expected declines post-expansion-launch"
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-01-20 at 01:28 AM.

Legion shows that statement other wise.

Q4 2016
    "World of Warcraft saw an increase in total play time for the quarter, surpassing the Q3 expansion launch quarter and all non-launch quarters in the last four years."

"Blizzard had record levels of quarterly and full-year in-game revenues, driven by World of Warcraft in-game content"

Q2 2017
    "Time spent in World of Warcraft® grew year-over-year in the second quarter, and the Legion™ expansion continued to perform ahead of the prior expansion."

Q1 2018 "Blizzard had 38 million MAUsC. World of Warcraft® over-performed versus the prior expansion at this point in time, with higher engagement sequentially and strong community participation with in-game purchases."

In comparison we got this:
    Q4 2018 (BfA)"and World of Warcraft® saw expected declines post-expansion-launch"
    Long term doesnt mean quartal or even year period. You don't even have basic data as raw numbers.
    And it's not even close to being a measurement of happiness.

They would be fine if they weren't shared. Whoever designed them that way is a monkey.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

The stupidity of bringing back mind-numbing dailies over the WQ system we had before is unbelievable. I honestly want to go back to 8.2 where we didn't have to do this crap. The fact that they recycled old zones and I have to go to panda land just makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Your opinion is an indication of the problem Blizzard is facing. One portion of the players likes to see harder content in the world and now another group is complaining about it being harder.

Is it any wonder that some people thinks Blizzard is incompetent because no matter what they do, some one some where will complain.
    Daily quests aren't the content people asked to be "harder".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Daily quests aren't the content people asked to be "harder".
    It is also not the content people asked to be even more boring by raising respawn timers.

Blizzard just did that to raise /played.

I mean, we have a theory crafter as game director. He has excel tables of how much players play, and the respawn timer is just an easy number he raises. Makes the daily quests even more unbearable, beside the fact they are also not rewarding anymore at all, but hey.. Ion got his raid.

Its nice to be doing something different and when i say different i mean the fact the story has moved on to which the content is relevant too otherwise its same old rammle.
    Spawn rates are a bit naff but only thing i hate about it all is uldum, fuck that place, just cant stand it.
    Visions are fun though, god knows what me heart rate was getting 2 chests other day, that shit got intense lol